Possible BF sit'n'go

Remove this Banner Ad

red+black said:
That was ****ed. Let's leave it to me to organise these in future.

Sorry mate. Believe me I am as ****ed off as you are. I hate turbos. But yeah as I said, please set up next week's one. It seems most were happy with the 9pm AEST start so perhaps leave that.

Its all good about the turbo Borgsta, at least there was a big turnout.

Looking forward to next weeks anyway.... who knows, if it stays as a regular occurence we might end up with some huge turnouts.

This is the hand that that finished me and croady

Seat 4: theboot100 ($3,475 in chips) Seat 5: AussieAsh ($2,490 in chips) Seat 7: croady ($430 in chips) Seat 8: Mercs2 ($4,305 in chips) Seat 10: eric1972 [KD,AC] ($1,300 in chips)
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
ANTES/BLINDS
croady posts blind ($200), Mercs2 posts blind ($400).

PRE-FLOP
eric1972 bets $1,300 and is all-in, theboot100 folds, AussieAsh folds, croady calls $230 and is all-in, Mercs2 calls $900.

FLOP [board cards QS,JH,6S ]

TURN [board cards QS,JH,6S,6D ]

RIVER [board cards QS,JH,6S,6D,2D ]

SHOWDOWN
eric1972 shows [ KD,AC ]
croady shows [ AH,8D ]
Mercs2 shows [ KS,QC ]
Mercs2 wins $1,740, Mercs2 wins $1,290.
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
SUMMARY
Dealer: AussieAsh
Pot: $3,030
theboot100, loses $0
AussieAsh, loses $0
croady, loses $430
Mercs2, bets $1,300, collects $3,030, net $1,730
eric1972, loses $1,300

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A note about setting these up. Currently we are 15 hours ahead of the game server, so keep that in mind. Below are the non-default settings that need to be applied. Reason for flat prize structure over normal is that flat offers a 4th prize if we get >20 players.
Code:
                                            (Default)
[B]Tournament Settings :[/B] Scheduled             Sit n Go
[B]Limit Type          :[/B] No Limit              Limit
[B]Min. players        :[/B] 5                     2
[B]Blind level speed   :[/B] Normal - 1,500 chips  Turbo - 1,500 chips
[B]Prize structure     :[/B] flat                  winner takes all
[B]Choose a password   :[/B] bigfooty              NULL

As you would expect with the incompetent PokerRoom.com, their server time on the client is wrong. At 10:30PM AEST, the time is 08:30AM EDT. This is what their website says, but their client shows 07:30AM EDT.

There are many date/time sites, a simple one is the US Naval Observatory site. I will contact PR Support and ask that they fix it. Really all times should be local to the client rather than having to do the conversions yourself.

I (AussieAsh) have created a Scheduled Tournament for next week (Mon @ 9pm), password is bigfooty.

Anyone interested down the track to mix it up, maybe a $10 buy-in, or play short-handed, or play Omaha or Omaga 8/b? I think we should give Pot Limit Holdem a try.

I just called PokerRoom. Can anyone confirm that the EDT time on the client is different to the time on the pokerroom.com website? Support said to make sure I have the latest version of java and to clear my cache. Not sure what that means. My java cache?

red+black said:
I just called PokerRoom. Can anyone confirm that the EDT time on the client is different to the time on the pokerroom.com website? Support said to make sure I have the latest version of java and to clear my cache. Not sure what that means. My java cache?

Yep the EDT time says 8:50am and the time on the software says 7:50am.

Cleaing the cache and latest version of java is their solution to everything.

Borg, your sig says 8pm. What's everyone's preference? I'm happy with 9pm AEST so I can watch the first half hour of On The Couch. 8pm might be too early for those in Perth (6pm), although 8pm might also be too early for those playing APL in Melbourne.

So, who's happy with 9pm AEST (7pm Perth)? Falch/DoubleA, do you need it later?

PS: you might also want to change the link. post5303469 just links to one of my silly posts. maybe just link to the thread rather than a specific post.

Ive signed in for next weeks.

Im happy with whatever time, 6pm or 7pm, makes no difference to me.

Just gotta try and remember for next week. Woulda forgotten today if it wasnt for Borgstas pm. Cheers dude

red+black said:
everyone on the list is accounted for. Falch and DoubleA might be playing APL tonight, so might miss. Crosby is also a potential starter.

Yeah sorry guys, I played APL.

I go to the gym Monday and Wednesday nights and the APL is ((sort of), don't tell the Mrs) on the way home. Tuesday nights I play Bball, so the later the better for me.

Came 2nd btw, starting stacks are now 1500 which gives the *ahem* better poker players an edge. Blinds when I finished were 10000/20000 :eek:

So now I'm 2nd at the venue I'll probably turn up for the next few weeks.

Is 10pm too late?

Falchoon said:
Yeah sorry guys, I played APL.

I go to the gym Monday and Wednesday nights and the APL is ((sort of), don't tell the Mrs) on the way home. Tuesday nights I play Bball, so the later the better for me.

Came 2nd btw, starting stacks are now 1500 which gives the *ahem* better poker players an edge. Blinds when I finished were 10000/20000 :eek:

So now I'm 2nd at the venue I'll probably turn up for the next few weeks.

Is 10pm too late?

10pm is too late.
9pm is just fine by me.

On to the APL. I haven't played any as usually try and avoid free-rolls like the plague. Its just about impossible to get a read on anybodys hand as basically nobody has any comprehension of position or pot odds.

However, I figure it might be worth trying it out just to get experience against loose players. Most of my play these days is against people who know what they're doing and thus it is easy to fall into a comfortable poker rhythm.

Is it worth going ?
How many people turn up ?
Is it an all-in frenzy on the first hand like it is in many free rolls ?

Anything else I should know ?

Daytripper said:
Is it worth going ?
How many people turn up ?
Is it an all-in frenzy on the first hand like it is in many free rolls ?

Anything else I should know ?

I think it's worth going and I was sceptical at first.

Varies by venue but 50-200

Not at all, I'd say 95% of the people last night would have played a minimum 10 events. Rather than an all in fest it probably goes the other way, a lot of callers with not so many raisers. If I had one criticism it was the starting stacks aren't big enough 1000 25/50 50/100 being the initial blinds, but for July the stacks are 1500. It gives you a little more room to push and prod.
Most players are regulars, so there's a fair incentive to finish in the points, so like a real tournament you can paractice a bit of bubble poker. I quite enjoy it.

At least comparable to the $60 tables at crown IMHO.

What I'm trying to get out of it is reading people, obviously I'm not a bad card player, probably not a bad poker player, but that's not what makes the great players great.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back