Possible BF sit'n'go

Remove this Banner Ad

Falchoon said:
I think it's worth going and I was sceptical at first.

Varies by venue but 50-200

Not at all, I'd say 95% of the people last night would have played a minimum 10 events. Rather than an all in fest it probably goes the other way, a lot of callers with not so many raisers. If I had one criticism it was the starting stacks aren't big enough 1000 25/50 50/100 being the initial blinds, but for July the stacks are 1500. It gives you a little more room to push and prod.
Most players are regulars, so there's a fair incentive to finish in the points, so like a real tournament you can paractice a bit of bubble poker. I quite enjoy it.

At least comparable to the $60 tables at crown IMHO.

What I'm trying to get out of it is reading people, obviously I'm not a bad card player, probably not a bad poker player, but that's not what makes the great players great.

I know this is the wrong thread for this but anyway.
Played last night and came 7th from 105 starters.

My observations
1. 60% have no idea what they're doing. These are the people who will call and keep calling with any picture card.
2. Because of the above, it is a waste of time bluffing until you are down to the final 30 or so.
3. I would hazard a guess and say that only 5% would understand the importance of position.
4. The blinds go up too quickly. At the final table, every person had an M of less than 8, with 5 of the 9 having an M of less than 3. It just becomes an all-in fest which is unfortunate.
5. If you must be in a pot, raise the bejesus out of it otherwise you'll find yourself up against 3 or 4 others with any sort of random hands.

Otherwise its not that bad an experience. Couldn't compare it to Crowns $60 tables though but maybe it was just my particular venue.

Daytripper said:
I know this is the wrong thread for this but anyway.
Played last night and came 7th from 105 starters.

My observations
1. 60% have no idea what they're doing. These are the people who will call and keep calling with any picture card.
2. Because of the above, it is a waste of time bluffing until you are down to the final 30 or so.
3. I would hazard a guess and say that only 5% would understand the importance of position.
4. The blinds go up too quickly. At the final table, every person had an M of less than 8, with 5 of the 9 having an M of less than 3. It just becomes an all-in fest which is unfortunate.
5. If you must be in a pot, raise the bejesus out of it otherwise you'll find yourself up against 3 or 4 others with any sort of random hands.

Otherwise its not that bad an experience. Couldn't compare it to Crowns $60 tables though but maybe it was just my particular venue.

Very nice finish!

Yeah nothing ****es you off more, then people with no idea whats happening, calling you with mud, keep calling you with mud and nothing, and then grabbing a lucky 2% chance to beat ya hand on the river.

Killer eagle said:
Very nice finish!

Yeah nothing ****es you off more, then people with no idea whats happening, calling you with mud, keep calling you with mud and nothing, and then grabbing a lucky 2% chance to beat ya hand on the river.

After the BF sit n go I played a bit of limit hold em on Poker Room. Its the same there, top pair never wins. People call like crazy for straights and flushes. Noone folds before the flop. No limit much easier.

DoubleA said:
I can play..but I need to be staked, literally have 3c in the account.
Variance is a bitch huh? :D You sure transfers are allowed on PR? From their Terms of Service:

7. FRAUD, SOFTWARE BUGS & CHEATING
7.1 Any form of fraudulent activity on the SITE, as determined at SITE’s sole discretion, is strictly prohibited. Fraudulent activity may include, but is not limited to, stolen credit cards, transfer of funds to other player accounts (chip dumping), forgery, collusion, and the provision of false Registration Data or other requested information. In addition to any other remedies provided under these Terms of Service, the SITE may pursue claims for criminal prosecution and/or civil damages for any fraudulent activities.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just signed up.... trying to get some cash into the account.... but it says it wants my passport number on netteller... i aint giving them that.... :confused:

will see how I go... im Arifromoz btw.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back