From50

Debutant
May 10, 2007
in the arc
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Poowong FC
I relise we are only 2 months in but who would you get rid of.
Mine: J. Hunt
S. Byrnes
C. Gardiner
K. Tenace

Geelong has to take 3 picks in the national draft, and i think we will be keen to promote Grima. This means we have to make 4 delistings. I would be going with:

- Henry Playfair
- Charlie Gardiner
- Matthew Spencer
- Steven Owen or Shannon Byrnes

Geelong will need to place a high priority on drafting tall players this year to really level up our list.

Playfair, Gardiner, Spencer, Callan or Owen.

No way Byrnes or Tenace would be delisted.

King? Just doesn't seem to get his body on the park

King was one of the first I thought of but I didn't want to ruffle and feather. Could Kingy be possible trade bait. I know he is getting on and injury prone, but for surely he has a bit left in the tank.

Will defintely be trade bait, it would free up some salary cap space, thats for sure.
King will not go to another club, if he gets his body right will play seniors at Geelong,if not will retire.
Owen has shown he has talent when he's been able to play,he deserves another year to show his stuff.
Callen is not getting a go but has the talent,possible trade,same goes for Byrnes.

Definite delistings:

-gardiner
-playfair
-byrnes

those that would have to do a lot to impress me in the remainder of the season before i drop the axe:
-king
-tenace

Seriously tenace and byrnes are a waste of space. They cannot finish off. They aren't super bad players, but we have guys like TV, djerk, and stokes that are quick and can kick the pressure goals! I reckon use them as trade bait, cos we could get some decent picks/players if we traded them.

Definite delistings:

-gardiner
-playfair
-byrnes

those that would have to do a lot to impress me in the remainder of the season before i drop the axe:
-king
-tenace

Seriously tenace and byrnes are a waste of space. They cannot finish off. They aren't super bad players, but we have guys like TV, djerk, and stokes that are quick and can kick the pressure goals! I reckon use them as trade bait, cos we could get some decent picks/players if we traded them.

I was saying we wouldnt delist them, for that very reason, to use as trade bait.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hunt and Tenace are trade bait. They would have value.

With the form of the Likes of DJ and Egan, Scarlo, Milburn can you fit joey in. I find him very one dimesional, talented but there may be some other blokes in front of him.

What type of player do we need

King will not go to another club, if he gets his body right will play seniors at Geelong,if not will retire.

Are u kidding? We have 2 very good ruckmen already, his body is right now and he cant get a game. Given the fact that a) he is on a big wage and b)he still believes he can play at the highest level, of course Geelong would look to trade him. Are u saying that if a club like St.Kilda or Collingwood showed interest in him, he would say "no, if i cant play at Geelong, i dont want to play anywhere"???

Sorry to ruin the party but I'm pretty sure Shannon Byrnes still has another year on his contract after this one.

It's pretty rough talking about delistings already... but I would think that Playfair, Gardiner and Spencer are all on their final year at the cats. I wonder what the cats will do with Lonners and Reynolds.

Both on Rookie list for 1yr.Sadly Reynolds is gone,Lonners if he can make a successful recovery would get back on the list I would imagine,making it easier to drop Playfair and Spencer.

Cats should Delist Lonners and Reynolds to. Both useless.

Reynolds looked good for a couple of NAB games, made me wonder if he couldnt play Gardiners role of fill-in forward when we have injuries, the leading-up-the-ground forward..

Hold on a minute.......

I'd go easy on the delistings. If you look at the premiership teams of late (excl Sydney) they all have depth. If we get injuries then you know that Hunt, Byrnes, Playfair, Gardiner, & Tenace have significant experience and can step into the breach.

Sure you wouldn't trust them with your life but they're better than risky draftees.

If we were on a full rebuilding youth policy (which we would've been had we lost to the tiges) then yes, keep the core of top seniors and delist the rest! But when the window is open, senior 2nd rate players can be the difference between a premiership and.....well.....ending up like the Saints.

We've got some new drafted talent in the side, why do we need to take more risks when the window is open? Those guys are solid, experienced campaigners who our critical injury buffer.

Hold on a minute.......

I'd go easy on the delistings. If you look at the premiership teams of late (excl Sydney) they all have depth. If we get injuries then you know that Hunt, Byrnes, Playfair, Gardiner, & Tenace have significant experience and can step into the breach.

Sure you wouldn't trust them with your life but they're better than risky draftees.

If we were on a full rebuilding youth policy (which we would've been had we lost to the tiges) then yes, keep the core of top seniors and delist the rest! But when the window is open, senior 2nd rate players can be the difference between a premiership and.....well.....ending up like the Saints.

We've got some new drafted talent in the side, why do we need to take more risks when the window is open? Those guys are solid, experienced campaigners who our critical injury buffer.

Point taken, i just think that these blokes have been tried and tested and have failed at the highest level, and i would rather try some other people who havent been tested, what have we got to lose?

Hold on a minute.......

We need to delist 3 players at the end of the year,what would you suggest? :confused:

Hawkins and Selwood...
No talent :p
are you serious mate? u r a joke in saying that. hawkins and selwood are the future of the club, in a good 7 years time these 2 will be unstoppable, u seriously need to get a grip on things

Remove this Banner Ad

Back