Prediction Possible DFA pickups

Remove this Banner Ad

Which delisted players do people think will be picked up as DFA's?

List of delisted players - http://www.afl.com.au/news/features/retirements-and-delistings

Thoughts? Hartung, Bugg, Sheridan, Gregson, Weller (I feel like the Suns will take him on as a rookie) and Grey probably the standouts there. Goddard's still good enough to play AFL but his polarising nature and age will count against him I suspect. Barlow and Pedersen similar.

There's a few names there that had a bit of promise and possibly untapped potential (Goddard, Freeman, Collins, Partington), but they haven't done much at AFL level which counts against them. And the paucity of decent ruck prospects could mean a couple of them get a go, though that is more likely as a rookie.

List of delisted players - http://www.afl.com.au/news/features/retirements-and-delistings

Thoughts? Hartung, Bugg, Sheridan, Gregson, Weller (I feel like the Suns will take him on as a rookie) and Grey probably the standouts there. Goddard's still good enough to play AFL but his polarising nature and age will count against him I suspect. Barlow and Pedersen similar.

There's a few names there that had a bit of promise and possibly untapped potential (Goddard, Freeman, Collins, Partington), but they haven't done much at AFL level which counts against them. And the paucity of decent ruck prospects could mean a couple of them get a go, though that is more likely as a rookie.
Grey could be a rookie pick for Sydney or GWS , not skillful but provide good pressure .

What polarising nature of Goddard? Is this Hugh Goddard we're talking about?

What polarising nature of Goddard? Is this Hugh Goddard we're talking about?

Brendon.

Anyone getting him for his seniority and leadership would have to put up with his frequent poor body language and dummy spits.

Brendon.

Anyone getting him for his seniority and leadership would have to put up with his frequent poor body language and dummy spits.
Exactly. His on-field demeanor is not really one you'd necessarily want for a leader.

I'd still take him if I had a really inexperienced club though (Suns?)

I wonder what Brendon Goddard would be like 'If'

The club that took him just said to him now brendon we are selecting you for your football ability and not leadership
We just want you to concentrate on your own game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People once again showing how little they know of club land. Goddard is respected highly within our club.
Fair enough. We don't know what goes on inside. But what we see outside, on the field, I didn't like. As a team mate, I would have been rather upset if I were on the end of some of things he did.

Was rated at St.Kilda
Was rated at Essendon

You don’t rate him

Would follow the industry than a footy fan behind a keyboard
If you rated him why cut him off your list , that is what I called finger pointing at other without realising yourself was behind the keyboard too ,

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back