Analysis Possible Finals Permutations

sij1981

Club Legend
Jul 31, 2008
sPACE
AFL Club
Fremantle
Just played with ladder predictor and based on permutation of ladder finishes etc,

Lets wish for the finals like in image below.

If winners for R1 are:Freo,Richmond,WCE and Dogies then we get a rest and

in R2 - we get Sydney Vs Richmond - where every possibility for Richmond can win. and if Doggies win then they play the Hawks where Doggies have a good chance of winning - with this one even a top Adelaide can beat hawks - get a straight set exit for them and Swans possible.

Then comes our dream run - Freo vs Doggies at Subi = Freo

WCE vs Richmond at Subi = WCE

Derby Grand Final

Cmon WCE do us a Favour and WIN your game against HAWKS.

What options are better?
Untitled.png

Jan 5, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Just played with ladder predictor and based on permutation of ladder finishes etc,

Lets wish for the finals like in image below.

If winners for R1 are:Freo,Richmond,WCE and Dogies then we get a rest and

in R2 - we get Sydney Vs Richmond - where every possibility for Richmond can win. and if Doggies win then they play the Hawks where Doggies have a good chance of winning - with this one even a top Adelaide can beat hawks - get a straight set exit for them and Swans possible.

Then comes our dream run - Freo vs Doggies at Subi = Freo

WCE vs Richmond at Subi = WCE

Derby Grand Final

Cmon WCE do us a Favour and WIN your game against HAWKS.

What options are better?
View attachment 169063
Doesn't matter who plays who....as long as we win the damn thing

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Would absolutely love that first scenario. I don't hate Hawthorn, don't cringe at the thought of them winning a third because it'd be great to witness a threepeat and I think they deserve it. However, imagine the buzz about Freo, the Tiges, and the Bullies all playing off with one of them breaking a serious drought. It would be a massive week in Melbourne – awesome.

Aug 29, 2013
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Glory
FWIW my expectation is that we'll win the QF and host one Prelim.

The WC vs. Hawks game is massive - the winner will host the other Prelim (and will probably make the GF) and we'll end up hosting the other prelim against the loser.

Therefore, I expect the GF to be the winner of QF2 (WC or Hawks) vs the winner of Freo and the loser of QF2.

Of course upsets etc are totally possible but that would mean that our Prelim would be against either WC or Hawks - squeaky bum time if that's the case, that's for sure.

Jan 30, 2012
Midnight Sea
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Cronulla Sharks
I have both too. But not in a combo !! Doh

If the Sharkies can get past the Roosters (a big if) I reckon momentum will take them all the way. It was impressive how they came back against Parramatta last weekend after falling behind. They've learnt how to grind out a win - much like Freo'.

If Freo win the first home final confidence will be sky-high to make the granny.

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
I can also personally see the Eagles hosting but losing to Hawthorn – you can't underestimate how good of a side Hawthorn have been and are. They're not going to lie down in finals. I'm also far from convinced how good the Eagles are, I see them as piggybacking on a good draw and taking the power of confidence very far while playing an out of form and suspension-hit Hawks and a depleted Swans at Subi. Dunno. Just see that as more likely, though them winning wouldn't shock me.

So then it's an Eagles-Swans match and either way, my tip is the Hawks to beat either and hit the Grand Final in great form. Can see Bullies-Tiges being the other final there. I would absolutely back Fremantle to be all over the Dogs (too inexperienced in finals, don't play very well away from Victoria) but I'd honestly be worried about the Tiggies in Perth. They seem to go okay over there. Maybe it's the state jumper they wear...

Marty Whitelaw

All Australian
Aug 27, 2014
Nedlands
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
West Perth Falcons, LA Clippers
I would love Eagles to go down in round 1 of the finals, lose against Dogs or Crows over here in round 2 and then the winner would have to come back to Perth again the following week (I think).

But I guess the main thing is to win in week 1 as there are some very dangerous teams in the bottom half of the 8.

I would love Eagles to go down in round 1 of the finals, lose against Dogs or Crows over here in round 2 and then the winner would have to come back to Perth again the following week (I think).

But I guess the main thing is to win in week 1 as there are some very dangerous teams in the bottom half of the 8.

You're right.

The Dogs somehow getting up over the Eagles at Subi in a Semi and then having to fly back to Perth again would make it one of the softest Prelim finals, I can't see young legs enjoying two less recovery days from flying and a third week in a row of high pressure finals footy they haven't seen before against a rested and experienced Freo side.

Sep 30, 2011
Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Whoever is playing WC
I can also personally see the Eagles hosting but losing to Hawthorn – you can't underestimate how good of a side Hawthorn have been and are. They're not going to lie down in finals. I'm also far from convinced how good the Eagles are, I see them as piggybacking on a good draw and taking the power of confidence very far while playing an out of form and suspension-hit Hawks and a depleted Swans at Subi. Dunno. Just see that as more likely, though them winning wouldn't shock me.

So then it's an Eagles-Swans match and either way, my tip is the Hawks to beat either and hit the Grand Final in great form. Can see Bullies-Tiges being the other final there. I would absolutely back Fremantle to be all over the Dogs (too inexperienced in finals, don't play very well away from Victoria) but I'd honestly be worried about the Tiggies in Perth. They seem to go okay over there. Maybe it's the state jumper they wear...
Richmond have to at least win a final to play us though. Not convinced they won't * it up again. The monkey has turned into a Gorilla.

Marty Whitelaw

All Australian
Aug 27, 2014
Nedlands
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
West Perth Falcons, LA Clippers
You're right.

The Dogs somehow getting up over the Eagles at Subi in a Semi and then having to fly back to Perth again would make it one of the softest Prelim finals, I can't see young legs enjoying two less recovery days from flying and a third week in a row of high pressure finals footy they haven't seen before against a rested and experienced Freo side.

That would be a dream option really, although not sure I could see the Dogs getting up over the Eagles. Crows could potentially, especially as they have the key forwards to really exploit their lack of key defenders.

Would love to avoid the Eagles altogether, mainly becuase I'd be a nervous wreck during a derby prelim or grand final!

Sep 16, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
That would be a dream option really, although not sure I could see the Dogs getting up over the Eagles. Crows could potentially, especially as they have the key forwards to really exploit their lack of key defenders.

Would love to avoid the Eagles altogether, mainly becuase I'd be a nervous wreck during a derby prelim or grand final!
Yeah, that's why I hope Adelaide finish 7th. So if they do play us they would have gone to Geelong, then Melbourne, then Perth in their last 3 weeks.

coldlunch

All Australian
Mar 19, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
I'd rather play WC in a GF then a Prelim & hope it pans out that way if we do meet them in the finals.
this. I would be very confident going against WC at the MCG, but not so at home in a prelim, even with a week's rest.
have to win our game first, though, obviously.

Back