Discussion Possible Future Throwback Jumpers

Remove this Banner Ad

I can see Geelong sneaking their 80s retro guernsey in for another run (maybe against a all gold back Hawthorn)

I loved the Retro Round concept that we did last season and I'm keen to see it continue, however I'm hoping the jumper will be slightly more historically accurate. I'd love to see this (with a third hoop on the back rather than the Ford logo):
Geelong-Uniform1991.png
But if we do it against the Hawks (who also wear an '89 throwback), we'd do something like this:
Geelong-Uniform1985.png
Actually, now that I think of it, the jumpers are exactly the same. But anyway, it should be that design, with a third hoop on the back (and no back sponsor, and the Ford logo in a box, with black numbers

Wow, Geelong once wore mostly white socks? Back in the 80s?

I just thought that was a new thing, brought in to simplify the look considering white is their default look.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Wow, Geelong once wore mostly white socks? Back in the 80s?

I just thought that was a new thing, brought in to simplify the look considering white is their default look.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

That was the first time I noticed that too, quite interesting actually. I was pretty sure it was a new thing too, if I recall correctly it started around 2010-ish when we began wearing white shorts at home more reguarly

In 2020 - 30th Anniversary of Adelaide
In 2020 - 90th Anniversary of Collingwoods Four-Peat :crossmark:
In 2020 - 150th Anniversary of Port Adelaide :whitecheck:

In 2020 - Centenary of Richmonds first VFL flag
In 2020 - 20 years since the WCE Ochre
A cross on the four-peat so far given they're celebrating the 2010 flag

Collingwood - Celebrating 10 years since the 2010 flag.

The shoulders, the curve on the back, plus the pic on the inside of the jumper.

Didn't really know where to put this but yowza! Both white & black versions available...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back