Possible new Melbourne Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Best fit, what a joke that is. Hawks and Essendon get over 60,000 regularly and then get scheduled at Etihad. There is no real best fit, it's whatever the AFL wants. I've seen big games at Etihad while the same weekend Etihad tenants play at MCG. Crazy.

Best fit, what a joke that is. Hawks and Essendon get over 60,000 regularly and then get scheduled at Etihad. There is no real best fit, it's whatever the AFL wants. I've seen big games at Etihad while the same weekend Etihad tenants play at MCG. Crazy.
Essendon's home ground is Etihad, they don't get 'scheduled' there. Hawthorn play one match at Etihad a year, last season they played the Bulldogs and drew a poor 34,000. Both of those sides do not get over 60,000 regularly so you're wrong.

Essendon signed their contract until 2025. Carlton will be trying to bail on it when theirs is up in 2014. Nobody else even has a contract as far as Ive been able to ascertain.

Agreed, look no further than round 1 fixture:
Melbourne v. Port at MCG
North v. Collingwood at Etihad

Melbourne will be lucky to draw 15k, I expect 50k Collingwood Supporters alone.

Just want to get my bearings right as to where this "E-Gate" place is.
If you're on a train, it is the land on the opposite side of the train tracks to Festival Hall.
If you're in the car, it's near the corner of Dudley St & Footscray Rd.
There is currently 3 story building there that says "V/Line Melbourne Yard West Tower".
Is this correct ?

Just want to get my bearings right as to where this "E-Gate" place is.
If you're on a train, it is the land on the opposite side of the train tracks to Festival Hall.
If you're in the car, it's near the corner of Dudley St & Footscray Rd.
There is currently 3 story building there that says "V/Line Melbourne Yard West Tower".
Is this correct ?

More or less. It's the land between North Melbourne station and Footscray rd.

Essendon's home ground is Etihad, they don't get 'scheduled' there. Hawthorn play one match at Etihad a year, last season they played the Bulldogs and drew a poor 34,000. Both of those sides do not get over 60,000 regularly so you're wrong.

You realise it's in the Etihad contract that a certain number of games expected to attract audiences greater than 40,000 or 45,000 must be scheduled at Etihad each year? This is part of the provision of respecting the contact between the AFL & Etihad - which is why Etihad is an oval and not purely a rectangular stadium.

Smart move by the AFL. Also a minimum number of games overall - which I believe is the Universe's magic number? 42?

Carlton will definitely be looking to reverse their split from 2015.

Currently it is Etihad (7) and MCG (4). No doubt they'll be looking at MCG (7) and Etihad (4). We will see how that plays out I suppose. No Ian Collins around now to muddy the waters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back