Prediction Possible pick swaps

Remove this Banner Ad

Adelaides 37, 45 and 49 for Freos 22 and 69?

Extra 200 points for Freo, the 1st two picks will slide but 3rd should hold its ground.

Another high pick for Adelaide - 4 in the top 28 and 2 of the top 4 in the 2nd round, they tend to hold more value than the points attached to them. 69 just balances the points out a bit.

I'd probably prefer 28 and 45 for 22 and 35 and 49 for 30?

But I quite like your too. :)

Adelaides 37, 45 and 49 for Freos 22 and 69?

Extra 200 points for Freo, the 1st two picks will slide but 3rd should hold its ground.

Another high pick for Adelaide - 4 in the top 28 and 2 of the top 4 in the 2nd round, they tend to hold more value than the points attached to them. 69 just balances the points out a bit.
37+45+49 = 1117 points (adelaide)
38+39+41 = 1323 points (richmond)

I would be happy to trade these 3 picks for #22

Cats trade 36 and suns future 3rd (40ish) to Freo for pick 22 before the draft.

After the Henry bid has been matched by the Dockers, Geelong trade pick 24 To Freo for their future 2nd rounder.

Cats in 22 and Freo future 2nd (late 20s)

Freo in 24, 36 and Suns future 3rd (40ish)

Does anyone think there will be any pick swaps prior to the draft? Or are we all hanging out for the "excitement" of watching it live?
I can't see anything - the AFL are trying to prolong this as much as possible in the desperate hope they can keep the limelight at the start of the cricket season. I'd have had a 2 day timeframe for 'all' the pick trades to go down, then leave the rest til draft night. I actually can't see what the benefit is of doing a pick swap before draft night when you can discuss them all anyway.

I can't see anything - the AFL are trying to prolong this as much as possible in the desperate hope they can keep the limelight at the start of the cricket season. I'd have had a 2 day timeframe for 'all' the pick trades to go down, then leave the rest til draft night. I actually can't see what the benefit is of doing a pick swap before draft night when you can discuss them all anyway.

The AFL want everybody to keep checking AFL.com.au to see if anything has happened. They want to continue to own this part of the year.

37+45+49 = 1117 points (adelaide)
38+39+41 = 1323 points (richmond)

I would be happy to trade these 3 picks for #22
That's a pretty good idea. Do Fremantle have enough delistings to be able to do a 1 for 3 pick swap?

They dont need to as the 3 picks will be swallowed up by the Henry bid
Presumably they want the points, right?

So that means they need to be able to accept the pics in order to have them for the Henry bid, which means they already need to have the list vacancies.

I think they are completely overrating the interest in live pick trading. I think most punters are far more interested in the kids they are picking than any wanky pick swaps that may happen on the night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The AFL want everybody to keep checking AFL.com.au to see if anything has happened. They want to continue to own this part of the year.
True, but it's a little boy who cried wolf between this and the trade period which is way too long.

It used to be my favorite part of the year, now I just feel like I am stuck in a bad relationship

Surely GWS could get more for 6 than 17 and 24?
I could see freo getting involved. Pick 10 and Melbourne's future second from the Langdon trade for pick 6. Then GWS trade pick 10 and a future third for Geelongs 17 and 24. That way GWS then trade 17 and or 24 for multiple later picks improving their points for Green bid and possibly add another future second. While pick 7 and 8 (after green bid) for Freo guarantees there wont be a Henry bid to match with their first two picks and provides them with a terrific opportunity to draft three quick and skillful players (including Henry).

The 3 picks will be consumed by the bid for Heny so you actually wont have the 3 picks but the points they represent
Pretty sure only 2 picks will be chewed up and the 3rd will become live if it's the next pick on the list while the remaining points will be taken off next year I believe. I'm pretty sure that's how it's meant to work now. It's like that 3rd pick is non-active until it's moved up.

The 3 picks will be consumed by the bid for Heny so you actually wont have the 3 picks but the points they represent
It doesn’t matter, if you have 3 list spots, you can only take in your first three picks. No one on our end is 100% sure whether we have 3 or 4 list spots at the moment but say we have 3, at the moment we can only take 7,10 and 22 to the draft. If we turned 22 into 38,39 and 41 then we are basically turning 22 into 38 since we couldn’t use the other two.

There is also the issue that our 3rd and 4th basically perfectly covers us for bids from pick 12 onwards for points. We have no incentive to break up 22 for more points since it’s not needed

Does anyone think there will be any pick swaps prior to the draft? Or are we all hanging out for the "excitement" of watching it live?

And spread out over 2 days, no less.....Can't help but feel for the lads, strung-out over an extra & unnecessary 24 hours, just to extend the AFL's greed for more ratings, at the adoption of yet more Americana BS hype into our code.

Will Carlton and Gold Coast do the swap of 9 for 15 and a future second so Gold Coast let Martin walk to Carlton?

Is that allowed to happen or would the AFL step in

Carlton will get Martin in PSD draft for free. If Melbourne don't draft him.

Draft night comes around and Geelong still have 14 and 17.

Pick 13 passes and Henry is still on the board...there's even some scenarios where Gould, Robertson and Sharp are all still on the board
Dockers 2020 round 1 for 14 and 17?

Geelong have to use at least 1 1st rounder this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back