Prediction Possible pick swaps

Remove this Banner Ad

Draft night comes around and Geelong still have 14 and 17.

Pick 13 passes and Henry is still on the board...there's even some scenarios where Gould, Robertson and Sharp are all still on the board
Dockers 2020 round 1 for 14 and 17?
Geelong must use a 1st rounder this year and no. In trade week you struggle to trade actual A grade real players for two first round picks.

In that scenario happy to consider 14 for Freo's next years 1st round pick. So you'd have your 4 picks under 15.

Your pick 22 will cover the points for Henry by then as he wouldn't be bid on till 15.

Geelong must use a 1st rounder this year and no. In trade week you struggle to trade actual A grade real players for two first round picks.

In that scenario happy to consider 14 for Freo's next years 1st round pick. So you'd have your 4 picks under 15.

Your pick 22 will cover the points for Henry by then as he wouldn't be bid on till 15.
I think Freo would baulk at that. That could be 14 - which could become 16, after Green and Henry, though the second would be unlikely in this scenario - for a probably top 6 pick.

That is not great for us
Fair enough.

It comes from some discussions of 7 and 10 for 4, and wanting to even up the pick numbers and get you points.

What about 10 and 22 for 4 and 49?

That may not work from the Crows perspective but is another option.

Picks 24 & 36 are second rounders....It also gives them the option of adding an extra player from this draft.
GC won’t do it.

They turned down our pick 34 in this years draft, instead opting for a future 2nd round pick.

Amazingly GC have their own list squeeze, largely because they can prelist academy and Darwin zone kids straight to their senior list, so they might be drafting 4 kids in the top 20, but they’ll also be adding 2 prelisted kids.

Then they have two more kids next year to prelist, plus 4 picks in the first two rounds.

Fair enough.

It comes from some discussions of 7 and 10 for 4, and wanting to even up the pick numbers and get you points.

What about 10 and 22 for 4 and 49?

That may not work from the Crows perspective but is another option.
As a crows fan, I'd prefer a bid for Henry to come at 9 and then 23, 28 for 10

It must be hard to be one of the oldest clubs in the competition, to have been given (through failure after failure) a seemingly endless supply of higher draft picks which you fail to develop and inevitably trade for lesser draft picks which you also fail to develop, but still feel so justified to call out a small start up team which is still largely competitive due to generous allowances given 9 years ago.

Yeah fetch me some Royal Salute and a Cheese Platter, poor bloody Melbourne.

Yet your mob has way more failed high draft picks

/shrug

Geebus there are a lot of really stupid trade proposals here, with people displaying an astounding lack knowledge and understanding of other teams draft positions and needs. Especially when it comes to trading with teams who have academy kids in the draft.
Who cares about what other teams want, I have devised a way for Freo to get 4 top 10 picks while picking up Henry with pick 52, its genius

GC won’t do it.

They turned down our pick 34 in this years draft, instead opting for a future 2nd round pick.

Amazingly GC have their own list squeeze, largely because they can prelist academy and Darwin zone kids straight to their senior list, so they might be drafting 4 kids in the top 20, but they’ll also be adding 2 prelisted kids.

Then they have two more kids next year to prelist, plus 4 picks in the first two rounds.
I do think most people have glossed over that almost the most valuable thing GC were given in those concessions is the combination of access to NT and free listing of said players. They can bring in elite talent for free and focus on the very top end of the draft.

Last edited:
I do think most people have glossed over that almsot the valuable thing GC were given in those concessions is the combination of access to NT and free listing of said players. They can bring in elite talent for free and focus on the very top end of the draft.
Sadly for Fremantle in 2017 draft prefer one top 5 pick rather than multiple second Rd for Weller And pick some so so playerd in the lower half of the the draft after pick 45 . I rated cerra but if you pick 4 - 5 player out of Tim Kelly-WA, Liam Ryan--WA, Sam Taylor--WA worpel, Bayley Fritsch, Tom Mccartin,oscar Allen - WA you won't come into this stage of keep renewing or turn over your list. You still can take pick 2 to the draft but sacrifice pick 5 for multiple 2017 second round and GCS 2018 second Rd. Just imagine
Tim Kelly, Liam Ryan, Bailey Fritsch, Sam Taylor /Tom mccartin playing for Fremantle + 2018 GC second Rd Ian Hill instead of crowden, North, meek, Jones. Schultz and cerra. 2017 is the best year for having 2nd and third round pick.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I do think most people have glossed over that almsot the valuable thing GC were given in those concessions is the combination of access to NT and free listing of said players. They can bring in elite talent for free and focus on the very top end of the draft.
Their academy and Darwin (it’s not all of the NT) have to produce an elite talent first.

They have two academy and two Darwin kids projected to go to them this year and next.

Only one kid is viewed as a potential top 10 pick. The other three kids are all ranked in the 30 or 40 + ranges.

But yes, the ability to prelist kids and use their draft picks on other players is potentially a bigger bonus.

Y
Their academy and Darwin (it’s not all of the NT) have to produce an elite talent first.

They have two academy and two Darwin kids projected to go to them this year and next.

Only one kid is viewed as a potential top 10 pick. The other three kids are all ranked in the 30 or 40 + ranges.

But yes, the ability to prelist kids and use their draft picks on other players is potentially a bigger bonus.
Yeah, Davies by be himself makes it massive but even if the others are 30ish it should create a rolling value whereby the continually stockpile picks in the next year and always have a strong draft hand.

Not if they keep losing players like Martin for free though

Y

Yeah, Davies by be himself makes it massive but even if the others are 30ish it should create a rolling value whereby the continually stockpile picks in the next year and always have a strong draft hand.

Not if they keep losing players like Martin for free though
As far as I’m aware there’s a three or four year limit on their draft and academy concessions.

Geebus there are a lot of really stupid trade proposals here, with people displaying an astounding lack knowledge and understanding of other teams draft positions and needs. Especially when it comes to trading with teams who have academy kids in the draft.

All a bit of fun!!!!

In reality, it’s likely all pick trading will happen on draft night, as teams target specific players when deciding whether to move up or down.

Look at the Carlton/Adelaide trade. Would not have happened if Duursma was available at 19, or Stocker had already been picked.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

As far as I’m aware there’s a three or four year limit on their draft and academy concessions.
Yeah I understand that but if they draft and develop right they should have a lot of excess picks each year they can bank. They’ll be able to stockpile a lot of picks each year and that should go well passed the time the concessions end

I hope Essendon are looking to get creative with the picks we currently have (31, 33, 61, 64, 65)

Helping Melbourne into the middle parts of this years draft would be ideal but the Dees are probably going to need to move on next years draft picks to garner such a deal.

Not sure how that would be possible with the picks the dee's have currently and cant imagine the bombers giving up 31 & 33 for a future pick
think the bombers are going to take these picks

Not sure how that would be possible with the picks the dee's have currently and cant imagine the bombers giving up 31 & 33 for a future pick
think the bombers are going to take these picks

Was more thinking with our picks 61, 64, 65 that the Demons could maybe move into the middle parts of the draft. If we could package these up for the Demons future third or something perhaps. I don't know. Just hoping Adrian Dodoro in all his mastery (or lack there of) can be creative with pick swaps.

Was more thinking with our picks 61, 64, 65 that the Demons could maybe move into the middle parts of the draft. If we could package these up for the Demons future third or something perhaps. I don't know. Just hoping Adrian Dodoro in all his mastery (or lack there of) can be creative with pick swaps.
These 3 picks have virtually no value and are just 5-10 picks away from the end of the draft and are mainly used to upgrade rookie selections, They have about 320 points value for a team that uses them on academy/Father son so you might be able to swap them for a pick 50 if a team is short of points

The Suns have expressed a desire for three picks in this year’s top ten. The Dees could help them do this by swapping picks 3 & 8 for picks 2 & 15. Suns would then take 1, 3 & 8 to the draft. Dees would likely get Noah Anderson (2) and a shot a decent prospect at pick 15. Fisher McAsey perhaps as we are light on for key forward options, or Will Gould, Cody Weightman etc.

Obviously there’s that ‘best mates factor’ to consider between Rowell and Anderson but it’s a swap worth considering for both clubs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back