Prediction Possible pick swaps

Remove this Banner Ad

Well, we get to move one spot higher so its helps us as well and Green is off the draft board anyway - he's going to GWS...
If Green is off the draft board anyway you're not moving one spot higher. Either way you're getting the sixth best player on the open draft. Doesn't make any difference if you draft them at 6 or 7.

Not sure Melbourne would go this early. He is good, but I'm not sure we rate him that highly. You might end up with a homesick kid for 2 years.
We've already said that we're planning to, I believe. I'm happy to take the risk, if we bounce back to 2017-18 form a good small forward is one of our major needs.

Carlton apparently with a potential bid at 9.

Knightmare has us bidding at 8 too

How about Essendon give pick 9, 31, 33 to Dees for pick 3.

I know we don't have pick 9 but it didn't stop the Swans offering it last week when they didn't have it.
Dodoro would ask for Clarry to be thrown into the deal, and then get upset when we told him the trade period for players is over.

Collingwood only have 1 pick in the top 60

They should trade Saint's 2020 second, maybe to Brisbane for 34 and 55
I know the draft is compromised next year but that would be a terrible deal for Collingwood

Collingwood only have 1 pick in the top 60

They should trade Saint's 2020 second, maybe to Brisbane for 34 and 55

Would probably have to be #34 and #48 to get that future second as it could very well be a mid twenties pick. To be honest I'd be ok with that based on us using just three picks at the draft this year. Maybe the two remaining picks in the 50's could net a future third.

Geelong is in a position right now where they will have 3 list spots going into the ND but 4 decent picks (14, 17, 24, 36) UNLESS they delist Lachie Henderson. So I would assume any two of those picks will be up for trade for a single better pick from a team looking for points.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong is in a position right now where they will have 3 list spots going into the ND but 4 decent picks (14, 17, 24, 36) UNLESS they delist Lachie Henderson. So I would assume any two of those picks will be up for trade for a single better pick from a team looking for points.
Or 8 from the Dees for 14 and 32. I would do that if Kemp was gone at 8. Use 3 on Young. Sorry GWS you miss out.

Still have bitterness over Kelly? Don’t worry Tyson will come good....oh wait.
I actually don’t care about Kelly. Most Dees fans would do that trade again, without Tyson we would have won zero games in 2014 and probably folded.

If Adelaide have pick 15, 20 and future pick 11 will you do the deal for pick 4 from Suns. If I'm wearing Adelaide hat I said no.
Usually i'd say NO, but this year I think the deal works for both parties,
Crows get access to 3 Very good picks 11, 15, 20 is a great hand split over two years - 2 years which we will heavily hit the draft.
GC get access to a to a top liner to match with Rowell and Anderson, whilst still keeping their 1st round selection for 2020,

Only fault I see in this deal is I think GC will (they should if they are smart) look at drafting Trent Bianco, another teammate and friend of Rowell+Anderson, he should be available anywhere from 15-30, so keeping those picks means they can grab him also, where as at pick 4 it would be way early for him.

GC's have a rare opportunity to set up as many friends as possible to stick them to the club, If I am their head of recruitment - I'm going hard at;
Rowell+Anderson(obviously), N.Bryan, T.Bianco, C.Sharman all from Oakleigh.

Usually i'd say NO, but this year I think the deal works for both parties,
Crows get access to 3 Very good picks 11, 15, 20 is a great hand split over two years - 2 years which we will heavily hit the draft.
GC get access to a to a top liner to match with Rowell and Anderson, whilst still keeping their 1st round selection for 2020,

Only fault I see in this deal is I think GC will (they should if they are smart) look at drafting Trent Bianco, another teammate and friend of Rowell+Anderson, he should be available anywhere from 15-30, so keeping those picks means they can grab him also, where as at pick 4 it would be way early for him.

GC's have a rare opportunity to set up as many friends as possible to stick them to the club, If I am their head of recruitment - I'm going hard at;
Rowell+Anderson(obviously), N.Bryan, T.Bianco, C.Sharman all from Oakleigh.
That is the reason I said No, if the recruiters think like us, we already doing their job, instead of chatting possibilities on this forum. Peoples sometime need to differentiate between discussion forum and real environment.

* I am the person that don't understand pwhy Craig Cameron get Ben king in last year draft, but he did extend his contract and Rankine too. The one that is less risk like Lukosius turn out the bigger risk. You did mention numerous time before last year draft how risking is Rankine, Lukosius is the safer option, GCS should split the pick,Get Max and Ben King together. How trading Lukosius or Rankine to get Rowan and Anderson together. How no brainer is it not to pick Rowan and Anderson together.

Last edited:
I actually don’t care about Kelly. Most Dees fans would do that trade again, without Tyson we would have won zero games in 2014 and probably folded.

I don’t know what you’re on but it’s a terrible batch.

If you do a trade with us you will still get a similarly ranked player, if you don’t we will offer the same deal to Adelaide and they will get the additional 1st rounder which incidentally has not been offered yet.

The information is that you guys asked to wait until after the trade period to work out all the machinations, and probably to do some more homework on the players rated 3-6 to see if the additional selection is worth the drop.

I don’t know what you’re on but it’s a terrible batch.

If you do a trade with us you will still get a similarly ranked player, if you don’t we will offer the same deal to Adelaide and they will get the additional 1st rounder which incidentally has not been offered yet.

The information is that you guys asked to wait until after the trade period to work out all the machinations, and probably to do some more homework on the players rated 3-6 to see if the additional selection is worth the drop.
Ah yes, the old 'you're on drugs' attack. Extremely nuanced stuff.

If GWS want to wipe themselves out of the next two drafts they can feel free. Seems like an interesting strategy to put all their eggs into one basket which might want to come home in two years, but I suppose they'll extract draft points from them in a trade anyway.

That is the reason I said No, if the recruiters think like us, we already doing their job, instead of chatting possibilities on this forum. Peoples sometime need to differentiate between discussion forum and real environment.

* I am the person that don't understand pwhy Craig Cameron get Ben king in last year draft, but he did extend his contract and Rankine too. The one that is less risk like Lukosius turn out the bigger risk. You did mention numerous time before last year draft how risking is Rankine, Lukosius is the safer option, GCS should split the pick,Get Max and Ben King together. How trading Lukosius or Rankine to get Rowan and Anderson together. How no brainer is it not to pick Rowan and Anderson together.
Not sure what you are saying here,
but I did suggest they should have grabbed the King Brothers yes. And I still think they messed up NOT doing this.

I also suggested they had enough young top end talent last season so best thing they could do is trade some of their picks and get experience in, and currently they are on what an 18game losing streak so hey, maybe they would have been better off doing that?

But hey, what do I know? and shame on me for discussing things, or putting up possibilities on what is a football discussion forum.

Question - if For example Adelaide bid on Green at 4, does GWS have the ability to trade its pick 6 in the two minute decision window before electing to match the bid, or are they locked into the picks they have at that time?
Can't trade once a bid has been made.

Ah yes, the old 'you're on drugs' attack. Extremely nuanced stuff.

If GWS want to wipe themselves out of the next two drafts they can feel free. Seems like an interesting strategy to put all their eggs into one basket which might want to come home in two years, but I suppose they'll extract draft points from them in a trade anyway.

I probably look at this a bit differently.

If we get two top 5 selections in one draft who cares about losing a few lower draft picks, which statistically have a much lower probability of making it?

If we leave things as they are and match a bid for Green we will lose a lot of our hand anyway. All reports are that next years draft is thinner and far more compromised.

Our Premiership window is probably in the next 3-4 years so we need players that can complement this.

I have no dramas at all with trading our first rounder next year if it helps us to achieve the additional early pick.

We have the collateral to trade a player out if we really need to get back into the draft next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back