Possible Pies mid season Arizona visit

Remove this Banner Ad

Angry that we won the flag.

Bitter that we're favorites to do it again.

Jealous that we can afford world class treatment for our players.

Going to Arizona isn't strange or suspicious, but the trolls in this thread are.

In the middle of a season and for a short period of time does ring a few alarm bells no?

oh yeah alarm bells everywhere on this one. pretty convenient for the injured players to be 'injured' so they have an excuse to take them to the official collingwood drug lair. maybe they intentionally injured them?

Innovative way to manage an important player's mid season recovery? yeah right, pull the other one

I heard that the only reason they are doing this is because there top 5 are a bunch of drug cheats and they are hoping to rejuice them up and avoid the drug testers in Australia who test significantly around that time.

Was from the same source as the other rumor I posted which as many people said was correct.

lol St Kilda, probably the most pathetic club in football history. Last year hurt so much didnt it :D

Look at all these people, jealous of Collingwoods secret overseas drug lab

oh yeah alarm bells everywhere on this one. pretty convenient for the injured players to be 'injured' so they have an excuse to take them to the official collingwood drug lair.

Not making any accusations but HGH is also used is to repair/regenerate injured tissues for rehabilitation, so 'if' true it would be killing 2 birds with 1 stone.

I heard that the only reason they are doing this is because there top 5 are a bunch of drug cheats and they are hoping to rejuice them up and avoid the drug testers in Australia who test significantly around that time.

Was from the same source as the other rumor I posted which as many people said was correct.

562636-collingwood-premiership.jpg

I have a masters degree in biological chemistry, im been published 4 times.

How about you provide me with some links to published "sports scientists" that shows the proven benefits of altitude training ?

I don't give a s**t about you or your education. I back our guys 100%. If they feel there's a benefit to it, so be it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

so what was the rest of that paragraph about :eek:

It was about saying there was far more reason to suspect the Lions of something (because there was a significant change in a lot of the player's bodies over a short space of time) than there is with the current Collingwood squad. I don't think the Lions were doing anything wrong during that era, but I'm just pointing out that there was more circumstancial evidence there than with the Pies right now. What are people basing these "drug cheat Pies" claims on exactly?

I have a masters degree in biological chemistry, i've been published 4 times.

How about you provide me with some links to published "sports scientists" that shows the proven benefits of altitude training ?

Well I've been published 5 times, so how about you provide ME with some links?

From @lancearmstrong

20+ year career. 500 drug controls worldwide, in and out of competition. Never a failed test. I rest my case.

This thread is so much crap...why dont you haters just come out and say it publicly that Collingwood are drug cheats and see what happens rather than try and hide behind a computer screen and a BF nickname. Unbelievable. :thumbsdown:

I have a masters degree in biological chemistry, i've been published 4 times.

.................link?

can you provide me with links to published "sports scientists" that shows the proven benefits of stretching after exercise?
not much out there but we still do it.
maybe its just the vibe and if the vibe feels right.................

.................link?

"In endurance athletes, the capacity of the muscles to receive and consume oxygen exceeds the capacity of the cardiovascular system to transport oxygen (Wagner, 2000). The main aim of altitude training is to increase the total volume of red blood cells and haemoglobin mass to improve the limiting link (i.e. oxygen delivery) by increasing the arterial blood oxygen-carrying capa- city, and thus increaseV˙ O2maxand improve performance both at sea level and at altitude. Altitude training may also induce some negative effects on performance determinants (Rusko, 1996; Bailey and Davies, 1997; Hahn and Gore, 2001), thus masking and preventing the use of the benefits from increased red blood cells. One possible reason for the absence of a positive altitude training effect is that even moderate hypoxia during exercise may substantially compromise training pace and decrease mechanical and neuromuscular stimuli, leading to gradual weakening of some specific determinants of endurance performance. Therefore, althoughV˙ O2maxand oxygen transport have a crucial role to play in most endurance sports, attention should be paid to other factors, including neuromuscular and anaerobic characteristics (‘muscle power factors’), that influence endurance performance and the training response to altitude training."

http://www.scribd.com/doc/36504831/Altitude-and-Endurance-Training

"In endurance athletes, the capacity of the muscles to receive and consume oxygen exceeds the capacity of the cardiovascular system to transport oxygen (Wagner, 2000). The main aim of altitude training is to increase the total volume of red blood cells and haemoglobin mass to improve the limiting link (i.e. oxygen delivery) by increasing the arterial blood oxygen-carrying capa- city, and thus increaseV˙ O2maxand improve performance both at sea level and at altitude. Altitude training may also induce some negative effects on performance determinants (Rusko, 1996; Bailey and Davies, 1997; Hahn and Gore, 2001), thus masking and preventing the use of the benefits from increased red blood cells. One possible reason for the absence of a positive altitude training effect is that even moderate hypoxia during exercise may substantially compromise training pace and decrease mechanical and neuromuscular stimuli, leading to gradual weakening of some specific determinants of endurance performance. Therefore, althoughV˙ O2maxand oxygen transport have a crucial role to play in most endurance sports, attention should be paid to other factors, including neuromuscular and anaerobic characteristics (‘muscle power factors’), that influence endurance performance and the training response to altitude training."

http://www.scribd.com/doc/36504831/Altitude-and-Endurance-Training[/quote

very conclusive:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back