Mega Thread Possible trades in 2015 for the Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just some thoughts on today's upgrading of picks by a few clubs.

This has been discussed all trade period for clubs trying to get points for Academy players.

Iam not sure i am happy with this giving of two late 2nd round picks and a 3rd in return for a top 10 draft pick :confused: .........in essence what it has the potential to do is throw into dispute the draft as a competition leveller?

We're already seeing Free Agency compromising the draft as a device to level the competition and assist teams to rebuild

IMO clubs downgrading their picks and "giving" away first round picks "potentially" is not a good idea?
1. It throws into disarray the normal draft order ....avantaging some low clubs and not others.

2. It changes the order in which players would be drafted as there would be more "needs" based if you have multiple picks

So far it appears clubs are only prepared to downgrade picks to the lower clubs ......Essendon, Melbourne & Essendon are the clubs with multiple picks

I am assuming clubs will not downgrade picks to clubs like Adelaide who are finalists

In addition because GWS downgraded out of the top ten to get an academy player .....the net result is:
1. We have drifted out with our "live" pick 9
2. Melbourne, Essendon & Carlton will take 2 picks each and be more "needs" based .....this will impact Adelaide player choice IMHO

Just thoughts of a rambler
Understand what you are saying and have to agree I don't like it.

But the afl might take the opposite view in that teams only doing such trades with bottom ranked clubs will have the effect of accelerating equalisation.

Sure I can clear that up. My insider is a Carlton official. Not a sall fry one either. He of course is in the loop big time at the Blues hence the heavy Blues info. But the AFL circle isnt that big and he has a close contact and long time friend in a management group (I don't know this person personally). Info gets passed down. Hence I'm rarely exact with contract details. But I'm close.

I posted about 2 months ago that I got told Menzel would come to us for CEY or Kerridge plus a third rounder. Wasn't too far off it.

Is there a reason why this big time official gave you the wrong details about the Betts deal?

You always claimed to have been first and correct on terms. But it's been shown neither is true. Shouldn't a senior official have known how many years were on the table from Carlton and from us? As they got this wrong, it would seem reasonable that they are not so well connected.

But the afl might take the opposite view in that teams only doing such trades with bottom ranked clubs will have the effect of accelerating equalisation
Yes i believe this is a potential outcome the AFL is happy about .......you just don't want to be a mid table club, that'll hurt

But the afl might take the opposite view in that teams only doing such trades with bottom ranked clubs will have the effect of accelerating equalisation.
We possible may not of got Menzel though if you couldn't use the points system for academy and fs picks as 28 for fwd on to gws to help with points

What do you mean even if? ;)

It's in his own words.

The factual basis was debunked a while back, now it's just interesting on a social observation level
This is interesting Sanders. Redhorse supporters would say ( i believe ) that he:

(1) called Betts and the deal early
(2) was the first to say JC, and that our offer was the biggest.
(3) Said Menzel before it was in the paper.

He has done this through:
(1) a contact at Carlton
(2) a contact in management

It would be good to see any "factual debunking" in one place here, with facts, details and posts so we can judge fairly. When has redhorse slipped up?

Is there a reason why this big time official gave you the wrong details about the Betts deal?

You always claimed to have been first and correct on terms. But it's been shown neither is true. Shouldn't a senior official have known how many years were on the table from Carlton and from us? As they got this wrong, it would seem reasonable that they are not so well connected.
Give it a rest mate. Just skip over Redhorse's posts and Crows 1980 posts if they don't interest you - I for one have enjoyed the hype they have created. What are you adding to the thread? Except whinging about semantics!

Really?? You going to start that now? Were all open to opinions and having a say. I see nothing wrong with what redhorse has said or the infomation he has provided. Give it a rest sanders...

Really?? You going to start that now? Were all open to opinions and having a say. I see nothing wrong with what redhorse has said or the infomation he has provided. Give it a rest sanders...
Just put him on ignore ....your experience will be so much better for it

Righto people. Just got the message to go ahead and reveal the player....Sorry took so long but was only doing as I was told.

This will be my last post for a while as I have been spending way to much time on here and is getting in the way of work. (I travel quite alot)
Cheers for all the awesome messages over the trade period from alot of posters! :) and a big thanks to my long time fans and supporters, notably Sanders & Brentmeister ;)

I have to say I was surprised that so much talk had eventuated about this player from what was a BigFooty story I believe.
Plus posters may have put two and two together being the link between Cameron and the management I get info via my source.

So Luke Parker was the player I was told about going back a while now. I'll just leave some pointers to discuss in the coming off season!

- The Danger deal was resolved quickly as to get on the Parker Bus! The Day after the Danger deal was done, AFC quickly met with the Swans officals and immediately offered Pick 9, Next Year's first & was prepared to let a player go along with this (I don't know which one). Crows wanted that almost like for like player to replace Danger, Make no mistake this was very much tempting to the Swannies as obviously we all know he is a RFA next year. It took 2 days for the Swans to come back and say no. Which is when the AC obviously focused on Seedsman and the Like.

- The offer to Luke was going to be between $750-$800k for minimum of 5 years (AFC still have plenty of cap room, even after this years trading)

- I've been told this wont be the last you hear of it and the Crows will launch into him next year. I'm actually surprises the Swans didn't accept, hence why I was excited about the info I got!

Make no mistake! This is real and crow1980 you are very much on the money.

This is interesting Sanders. Redhorse supporters would say ( i believe ) that he:

(1) called Betts and the deal early
(2) was the first to say JC, and that our offer was the biggest.
(3) Said Menzel before it was in the paper.

He has done this through:
(1) a contact at Carlton
(2) a contact in management

It would be good to see any "factual debunking" in one place here, with facts, details and posts so we can judge fairly. When has redhorse slipped up?

Seriously ...why is this even being discussed :mad: ...not aimed at you dogs105 ;)

We've just had a wonderful trade period .....and the same board protaganists want to crap on about this s**t ......really :rolleyes:

How about discussing trades, players, potential draftees & prospects .......honestly some here want to stir just to get a reaction

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Righto people. Just got the message to go ahead and reveal the player....Sorry took so long but was only doing as I was told.

This will be my last post for a while as I have been spending way to much time on here and is getting in the way of work. (I travel quite alot)
Cheers for all the awesome messages over the trade period from alot of posters! :) and a big thanks to my long time fans and supporters, notably Sanders & Brentmeister ;)

I have to say I was surprised that so much talk had eventuated about this player from what was a BigFooty story I believe.
Plus posters may have put two and two together being the link between Cameron and the management I get info via my source.

So Luke Parker was the player I was told about going back a while now. I'll just leave some pointers to discuss in the coming off season!

- The Danger deal was resolved quickly as to get on the Parker Bus! The Day after the Danger deal was done, AFC quickly met with the Swans officals and immediately offered Pick 9, Next Year's first & was prepared to let a player go along with this (I don't know which one). Crows wanted that almost like for like player to replace Danger, Make no mistake this was very much tempting to the Swannies as obviously we all know he is a RFA next year. It took 2 days for the Swans to come back and say no. Which is when the AC obviously focused on Seedsman and the Like.

- The offer to Luke was going to be between $750-$800k for minimum of 5 years (AFC still have plenty of cap room, even after this years trading)

- I've been told this wont be the last you hear of it and the Crows will launch into him next year. I'm actually surprises the Swans didn't accept, hence why I was excited about the info I got!

Appreciate you coming out with the info mate. Shame it didn't eventuate but if we have another dip next year I think our list will be in better shape then anyway.

Cheers for the info mate!

I guess the Hampton trade was us effectively giving up the chase, though i guess we could come up with a last minute 9 + 13 + ? deal to tempt them.

I take it from this that Parker himself was keen? If he was extremely keen he could've brought pressure to bear to the Swans to make it happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back