Autopsy Post 2021 Grand Final Western Bulldogs game review, the good the bad and the ugly, come talk about it here!

Remove this Banner Ad

There was a moment in the third where Hollywood Smith overran a ball without putting his body behind it that led to the first goal and the momentum change.

All good to be Hollywood when we’re winning but think this moment was pivotal and shows the immaturity of the player and person.

The framework is there. An experienced ruck and an intercepting defender (or a FB to release Keith) and we're a different side.

TBH I think losing a prelim hurts more.

Our fitness not on a par with Melbourne. Our tackling is often suspect, too many broken tackles today, easily fixed with a good tackling coach. Cam Munster is a fan, get him in.

How a guy like Fritsch gets off the leash is ridiculous, I guess if it wasn't him it would have been Pickett but we kept him quiet. Zone defence looks great until you have 3 defenders who can't go one on one.

We aren't 70 points worse than the Dees. We certainly aren't 10 straight goals, in what seemed to be 15 minutes of play, worse than the Dees.
Fully agree, the result made it look a lot more one sided than the game was for the majority. They deserved to win, without question, but it wasn't a 12 goal blow-out worthy game for the most part (until we stopped, as happens sometimes in a granny). They were brilliant in the 3rd, I wouldn't read too much into the last.

We got beaten by a red hot and clearly better side on the night.

Congratulations to the Demons and opposition supporters who will inevitably stroll by. Oh, and go * yourself on the way out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

those centre clearance goals after Baz's mistake just killed us. to be so close to breaking the game open and then be 4 goals down 10 minutes later was too much to handle mentally.

Injuries really cost us this year.

Losing Dunkley and Treloar in particular for extended periods hurt, not just because of their abscene, but because we didn't have the option of bringing them back into form in the reserves.

We lost games because of that, dropped out of the top four and then had the toughest of runs into the Grand Final.

Bruce doing his knee didn't help much either.

Questions will have to be asked of just how we capitulated and let them walk it out under no pressure when we were 12 points up. Instead we let them pile the goals on and it ended up being like a 80 point turnaround or some sh*t like that.

I mostly put that at the feet of the coaches TBH.

Best team all year won.

Same problems cropped up. Needs addressing and needed addressing for years.

Freshen up the assistants. Review footy department. Need another leader. Someone to get ruthless but also someone to stem the tide. Bont just isn't that guy.

We looked out on our feet mid way through the third. Maybe all the travel caught up with us. Incredibly disappointing.

Take heart. Hopefully we sort it out in the offseason but that requires some soul searching from our leaders.

What can you say. We were beaten by the best team fair and square. They have a great combination and will challenge for the next 3 or 4 years you'd reckon.

We were exposed for pace and the backline was made to look second rate. Wood was a deer in the headlights. Williams had patches. Keath looked underdone.

I’m way too emotional so will post tomorrow.

Except to say Petracca had 40. 40!!! In a ******* GF, along with two goals.

JFC maybe tag someone every once in a while.

Yeah that one's on Bevo and the coaches. As much as players dropped off, that was one of the bigger coaching fails of the year, the whole centre set up was crap with nothing to address it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back