News Post COVID-19 fixture discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Have just watched both our games from earlier in the year against Richmond and Brisbane. Both games being at the MCG and we played really well in both. We are just so well suited to that ground that I can see why we have struggled a lot this year. Clarko has set the game plan for the G and large size of Tazzie and has probably decided to let this year just unfold and be done with it. That combined with being stiffed the most with the hub situation has made the club just wipe the season.
The sooner this season ends the better. Let’s hope we get a good run of games at the G next year.

Wouldn't bet on it, we'll probably be lucky to have games in Melbourne.

Just got this from the AGE & we all know that is has been an ongoing situation that Nazi HQ's has against us.
How the hell can we have twice as difficult draw as the next closest team?
Mods please adjust this thread to another if that's more appropriate too guys.
1600988623517.png

As Tina Turner once almost said, What's luck got to do with it? This was a deliberate strategy from headquarters to make life as difficult as possible for us.
We've all known this for years!
Watch next season, that even after a bottom 4 finish we'll still have one of the more difficult of draws!

I don’t like to think that the AFL deliberately made things difficult for us. I find it implausible.

But then I see things like the above and it makes it hard to understand how we could be handed such a rough deal in error.

I don’t like to think that the AFL deliberately made things difficult for us. I find it implausible.

But then I see things like the above and it makes it hard to understand how we could be handed such a rough deal in error.
Watch this space too mate.
It's our turn for Easter Monday next year, but mark my words bet the Pussies get it.
Isn't that right Mr. Hocking.
It wasn't enough they were inconvenienced this year shifting the game to KP.
When the crowds come back & the finances need to be met they get a double dip!

I've butted heads with a couple of BF members over this - it is implausible that it could happen, but this is not just error or coincidence. Add it to the free kick differential and it's just too suspect for mine.

Watch this space too mate.
It's our turn for Easter Monday next year, but mark my words bet the Pussies get it.
Isn't that right Mr. Hocking.
It wasn't enough they were inconvenienced this year shifting the game to KP.
When the crowds come back & the finances need to be met they get a double dip!
Nothing surer. We'll get our quota of MCG games, but they will be against poor drawing opposition and in the graveyard slots. Plus a "home" game against a Marvel tenant.

There's no question that we copped the rough end with our fixturing. But it is unlikely that they went out of their way to do so.

The challenge they would have faced in scheduling, re-scheduling, and navigating the ever changing state quarantine and border policies would have been far too high for them to even spend a moment plotting on how they could make things worse for Hawthorn specifically.

What seems most plausible to me is that they did try to do their best by us by holding off on giving us home games early with the intention to let us host a hub in Tassie later in the season - might have even been by our request. Obviously that didn't happen because Tassie never opened their borders. Then by that time it was too late and it was clear we weren't going to be playing finals. So at that point we effectively became a universal donor used to look after the fixtures of those teams that were still part of the finals equation.

We could probably point to plenty of individual instances of where they could have done better by us this year, but ultimately it won't have changed much for us. We probably still wouldn't make finals and we'd probably have a worse draft hand than we do now.

I'd prefer they make it up to us next season. Let us host all the SA, WA, and NSW teams down in Vic/Tas. Don't stick us with any Marvel games. They won't give us all that, but it would be nice if they tried to give us most of it.

There's no question that we copped the rough end with our fixturing. But it is unlikely that they went out of their way to do so.

The challenge they would have faced in scheduling, re-scheduling, and navigating the ever changing state quarantine and border policies would have been far too high for them to even spend a moment plotting on how they could make things worse for Hawthorn specifically.

What seems most plausible to me is that they did try to do their best by us by holding off on giving us home games early with the intention to let us host a hub in Tassie later in the season - might have even been by our request. Obviously that didn't happen because Tassie never opened their borders. Then by that time it was too late and it was clear we weren't going to be playing finals. So at that point we effectively became a universal donor used to look after the fixtures of those teams that were still part of the finals equation.

We could probably point to plenty of individual instances of where they could have done better by us this year, but ultimately it won't have changed much for us. We probably still wouldn't make finals and we'd probably have a worse draft hand than we do now.

I'd prefer they make it up to us next season. Let us host all the SA, WA, and NSW teams down in Vic/Tas. Don't stick us with any Marvel games. They won't give us all that, but it would be nice if they tried to give us most of it.
Good post. Probably the most rational one I've seen (or written if I look at myself) regarding the fixture.

I don't think they'll do us any favours last year. It probably isn't a deliberate attempt to shaft us, but there certainly isn't any good will whatsoever towards us, and I still maintain Hocking needs to be removed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just got this from the AGE & we all know that is has been an ongoing situation that Nazi HQ's has against us.
How the hell can we have twice as difficult draw as the next closest team?
Mods please adjust this thread to another if that's more appropriate too guys.
View attachment 970223

Yeah that's pretty sickening, good teams find a way, but it's hard to argue against AFL agenda with graphs such as these.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back