News Post COVID-19 fixture discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I think I described it clumsily. they say hawks play a bulldogs within a 14 day quarantine, but no other teams. That means for the hawks to complete 3 other games, they would have to happen within 4 days. Not happening I suggest. 2 is pushing it
Why do you keep saying Bulldogs?

Bulldogs are in Qld

Hawks and Blues are in WA

Once we play our 3 WA games (Blues during quarantine) Eagles and Dockers, both Haw and Carl will leave WA, replaced by 2 different teams

It is what it is.

The AFL are doing a tremendous job all things considered.

Some players wont want to travel and thats fine, but surely as supporters we owe it to the players who are pushing on to keep up the support.

All this moaning and calls for ending the season is doing my head in.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I think I described it clumsily. they say hawks play a bulldogs within a 14 day quarantine, but no other teams. That means for the hawks to complete 3 other games, they would have to happen within 4 days. Not happening I suggest. 2 is pushing it
I think what is suggested is going into quarantine, on our 7th day play the Blues which would be the first of the 19 days. On our 8th day, play Freo or WC (out of quarantine), which then gives us 11 days to complete the other WA team and then the next of the games scheduled which is unknown as present.

Or am I over thinking it?

It is what it is.

Some players wont want to travel and thats fine, but surely as supporters we owe it to the players who are pushing on to keep up the support.

All these people who say they should cancel the season, there's more important things to worry about don't seem to get that
1) There's a lot of people whose employment is related to games being played
2) There's plenty of people enjoying being able to watch the matches during this time

Would be great to play some games in Tassie since half our Tassie Govt sponsorship money is tide to playing games down there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is what it is.

Great post.

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

At a point now where I almost don’t even care about this season anymore. I just hope next season isn’t so munted.
I encourage you to take that thought to the next level and stop giving a s**t completely - its so much easier to see the funny side of this season when you recognize it for the utter farce it is.

Not that I blame the AFL for running it. People assume life will go back to "normal" next season but the reality is the new normal will be very different. Gilligan needs this season to run purely to slash the amount he'll have to fork out to keep Norf and the other minnows alive.

I encourage you to take that thought to the next level and stop giving a sh*t completely - its so much easier to see the funny side of this season when you recognize it for the utter farce it is.

Not that I blame the AFL for running it. People assume life will go back to "normal" next season but the reality is the new normal will be very different. Gilligan needs this season to run purely to slash the amount he'll have to fork out to keep Norf and the other minnows alive.
This season might be the experience we have for the next 5 years - though the clubs and AFL would be more prepared for it

Embrace it for what it is

Not if Geelong win it because they finished 1st or 2nd due to having actual home games - even though they blew one v Carltank
Not to mention the amount of days between games they have had. And the cushy surrounds of Crown Perth currently.

Coming through today North 4 games in hobart later on. leading to maybe hawks too

after hawks leave WA theres only 5 more games - four to be in Tassie? It'd be strange if we made finals, they are in SA or QLD and we hadn't played either place yet, but other teams had got plenty of time to get used to the grounds

Round 1: Brisbane (Home)
Round 2: Geelong (Away)
Round 3: Richmond (Away)
Round 4: North Melbourne (Home)
Round 5: Greater Western Sydney (Away)
Round 6: Collingwood (Away)

Round 7: Melbourne (Home)
Round 8: Sydney (Away)
Round 9: Carlton (Away)
Thursday
Round 10: BYE
Round 11: Fremantle (Away) Monday
Round 12: West Coast (Away) Sunday

In the last seven games, six of them have been “away” games. :oops:

We still have a minimum of five homes games left!

Whether the clowns at AFL house like it or not, the Hawks last five games will ALL need to be allocated as Hawthorn home games. Where will they be played though? Considering Hawthorn still haven’t played Adelaide and Port Adelaide there’s no chance the SA clubs will be the home teams.

Last edited:
Round 1: Brisbane (Home)
Round 2: Geelong (Away)
Round 3: Richmond (Away)
Round 4: North Melbourne (Home)
Round 5: Greater Western Sydney (Away)
Round 6: Collingwood (Away)
Round 7: Melbourne (Home)
Round 8: Sydney (Away)
Round 9: Carlton (Away)
Round 10: BYE
Round 11: Fremantle (Away)
Round 12: West Coast (Away)

So in the last six games, five of them have been “away” games. :oops:

We still five more homes games left. Whether the clowns at AFL house like it or not. The last five games will all need to be allocated as Hawthorn home games. Where will they be played though? Considering Hawthorn still haven’t played Adelaide and Port Adelaide there’s no chance the SA clubs will be the home teams.
The * couldn’t be any bigger on this season.

Coming through today North 4 games in hobart later on. leading to maybe hawks too

after hawks leave WA theres only 5 more games - four to be in Tassie? It'd be strange if we made finals, they are in SA or QLD and we hadn't played either place yet, but other teams had got plenty of time to get used to the grounds
Hard to go from freezing Tassie for a month to a final in Qld too
Part of the Tassie advantage is getting the Qld teams or GWS out of their climate zones even the WA teams, who also need to catch 2 flights to get there including I think SA teams who need to go to Melb then Tas.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back