News Post COVID-19 fixture discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

They and the club clearly worked together to delay home games to give us a chance of playing in Tassie

Doesn't explain why we end up with less "home" games than every other club though
It stopped mattering over a month ago. We're just here to help them finish off the fixture now.

I'm just hoping they'll make it up to us in 2021 by giving priority to the club's fixturing requests.

It stopped mattering over a month ago. We're just here to help them finish off the fixture now.

I'm just hoping they'll make it up to us in 2021 by giving priority to the club's fixturing requests.

It's nice to have dreams.

So I get 1 ticket to a Hawthorn home game for me and my 3 year old to attend his first game. Should I take him to the home game against the Scum on Thursday at 4.10pm, or take him the Tuesday after? What do you all think?
I'm thinking the scum so I don't need to mingle with Crows supporters + what are the chances it's going to be a bumper crowd when the match is mid-afternoon on a Thursday

So I get 1 ticket to a Hawthorn home game for me and my 3 year old to attend his first game. Should I take him to the home game against the Scum on Thursday at 4.10pm, or take him the Tuesday after? What do you all think?
I'm thinking the scum so I don't need to mingle with Crows supporters + what are the chances it's going to be a bumper crowd when the match is mid-afternoon on a Thursday
Scum all the way. Needs to learn the rules of being a Hawks fan from an early age!

Scum all the way. Needs to learn the rules of being a Hawks fan from an early age!

Haha too true. He needs to learn what real football hatred is. Plus I need to keep him away from Crows/Port games as much as I can so he doesn't start getting swayed by his friends to change allegiances

That's what I'm doing with my youngest. Against the scum all the way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wanna see a win? Adelaide
Wanna see a rival? Essendon

All booked in to see us play the Scum. Young fella will be decked in hawks gear with me. His godfather is a scum supporter (not my choice) and is coming along, so will be a day of banter

All booked in to see us play the Scum. Young fella will be decked in hawks gear with me. His godfather is a scum supporter (not my choice) and is coming along, so will be a day of banter

I'm going with 2 bummers supporters also :rolleyes:

I'm going with 2 bummers supporters also :rolleyes:

They only come out of the woodwork when they sniff a chance at victory. I'm already training the young fella to call them the Scum, so should be fun. He unfortunately picked up "green maggot" whilst at a SANFL game so needed another controversial phrase in his head so we don't get in strife

Interested in thoughts around off-season and pre-season, and if clubs, or the AFL, will relax the bubble. I assume if they paused the restricitions on players etc... over christmas that everyone would have to demonstrate a negative test, or complete a two week self isolation, before returining to group training. Maybe there'll be no pre-season games next year to give the players more time?

Interested in thoughts around off-season and pre-season, and if clubs, or the AFL, will relax the bubble. I assume if they paused the restricitions on players etc... over christmas that everyone would have to demonstrate a negative test, or complete a two week self isolation, before returining to group training. Maybe there'll be no pre-season games next year to give the players more time?

Surely the bubble will only apply until a club has been eliminated and they return to their home state.

As you say a 2 week isolation period or similar prior to preseason commencing is likely, including for this years batch of draftees.

I read somewhere that Gil has applied to the Qld government to have the clubs stay in Qld whilst Vic is in the state its in and clubs were receptive with families staying etc. Who knows what goes on behind the scenes but I'd much rather stay put up there until it is under control, if I was a professional athlete and part of a team environment.

I read somewhere that Gil has applied to the Qld government to have the clubs stay in Qld whilst Vic is in the state its in and clubs were receptive with families staying etc. Who knows what goes on behind the scenes but I'd much rather stay put up there until it is under control, if I was a professional athlete and part of a team environment.
Well as long as they've got somewhere to stay (eg. hotel) it's not like they could deport them back to Victoria.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back