Review Post match v Hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

Watching the replay still don't see Blair being particularly good, just ok, and seems to always wait too long to make decisions. Doesn't take good options.
That's my only take

Fact

Falsely alternate contrary truth?

Yup ^^ that lines up with your "fact".
I'm not sure the rest of the world experiences existence totally contrary to a few posters on BF.
Blair has his faults but credit where due is only fair.
He certainly keeps his spot based on last week.

I'm not sure the rest of the world experiences existence totally contrary to a few posters on BF.

And when i think he has played well i do credit him.

Last weekend was not one of those occasions can't even believe that people are trying to say it was.

I don't mind Blair as a stop gap but it's certainly an indictment on the playing list that no one has gone past him yet.

I don't mind Blair as a stop gap but it's certainly an indictment on the playing list that no one has gone past him yet.
Several have gone past him but for some reason Blairy hides in a selection committee blind spot

You'd think he'd know by now - I yell it at him every week!
There is nothing more frustrating. After Howe kicked the first goal of the 3rd quarter, we went forward, Blair gathered, looked inside, saw Crisp in space, didn't give it and the ball got held up at the top of the square. Coach killing stuff

Never gives the first option. Never Ever Ever.
That's one of my beefs.
He literally doesn't, and granted he got away with it last game, but he was almost caught etc.
Just seems to be slow of mind in decision making.
Though he does run to the right spots, that he seems very capable at, but just not first decision and no scoreboard impact.
Hence I congratulate him on a fine career but not suitable for seniors in my view.

I don't question Blair or Goldsacks effort or commitment. I don't think anyone could.

But both were in the bottom 2-3 of the premiership side era on talent and performance and I don't think either has improved.

I think both need to make way for more talented youth (who play their positions) if we hope to improve overall as a team in the longer term.

I don't question Blair or Goldsacks effort or commitment. I don't think anyone could.

But both were in the bottom 2-3 of the premiership side era on talent and performance and I don't think either has improved.

I think both need to make way for more talented youth (who play their positions) if we hope to improve overall as a team in the longer term.
No question. The only trouble is right now, Goldsack is probably playing his best footy, Blair on the other hand......

There is nothing more frustrating. After Howe kicked the first goal of the 3rd quarter, we went forward, Blair gathered, looked inside, saw Crisp in space, didn't give it and the ball got held up at the top of the square. Coach killing stuff

Yeah there is - when he leads into the space of the key forwards and calls for the ball. That stupidity is only beaten by some of our players actually kicking it to him rather than a key forward.

You are 3 foot nothing - get out of the way, stop calling for a high ball, stay on the ground and crumb the ball.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah there is - when he leads into he space of the key forwards and calls for the ball. That stupidity is only beaten some of our players actually kicking it to him rather than a key forward.

You are 3 foot nothing - get out of the way, stop calling for a high ball, stay on the ground and crumb the ball.
I think its actually the same problem presenting in a different way. He either has no vision, is the most selfish player to ever play the game or suffers the very worst case of small man syndrome in history. I tend to think it's the first option

Yeah there is - when he leads into he space of the key forwards and calls for the ball. That stupidity is only beaten some of our players actually kicking it to him rather than a key forward.

It's a tough one, but I think Countrypie gets the points. Your point is a good one G4F but Blairs refusal to give the first option and his inability to know what his limitations are, are the bigger of the two frustrations.

round 2
what is the bigger frustration. Adams shanking kicks or Moore dropping chest marks?

It's a tough one, but I think Countrypie gets the points. Your point is a good one G4F but Blairs refusal to give the first option and his inability to know what his limitations are, are the bigger of the two frustrations.

round 2
what is the bigger frustration. Adams shanking kicks or Moore dropping chest marks?
IN my nothing but rainbows world both are but mere distant memories

round 2

Round 2 is a mere blimp of frustration in what are to be long careers. Round one is a long career of frustration with blimps of adequacy.

I believe Goldy has a bit more going for him - being more adaptable and with a bit of pace - but I believe winning a flag is not about having the most top end talent, it's about raising the overall talent pool so that the lowest 5 or 6 lowest players are at the most damaging possible level.

That may well be, but you can't blame him for it.

That faux tough guy Heatherley made me laugh. An even bigger tool than Sicely!
Heatherley is shaping to be a Spider Everitt type sniper.
A few banjo's short of a porch.

No wonder I didn't get it. In aussie slang 100v a bottler is a good thing

Bottler : something excellent
Maybe they were tears?
In the bottles....at the Hawthorn bottle factory....in Hawthorn.

I don't blame him PE - he is a heart and soul player and you have to respect the hell out of that.

but

Until a player or two goes past him in his position we won't improve enough to be a contender.
We need an "agree in principle" button...:D

Broomhead for mine. Get games into him.
It's a really interesting view into supporters minds this continued focus on Blair. For mine it would be much healthier if it stopped. Couple of interesting points for mine.

1 In the last few posts there have been posts made about Daicos and Broomhead and how their superiority to Blair should be getting them games. Truth is neither if these two players are likely to be better players over their career than Blair. It possible they will but the likelihood is they won't.

2 A comment was made recently about how we need to improve enough to tip the Blair like players out of the team because if we don't they are the types that are not of sufficient talent to become premiership players. This for me is a classic. What we need to do to contend is to improve out top end talent. That is the key to success. Blair has already shown that if you surround him with sufficient top end talent he is able to be one of the footsoldiers of a premiership side.

That's one of my beefs.
He literally doesn't, and granted he got away with it last game, but he was almost caught etc.
Just seems to be slow of mind in decision making.
Though he does run to the right spots, that he seems very capable at, but just not first decision and no scoreboard impact.
Hence I congratulate him on a fine career but not suitable for seniors in my view.
How come when Pendles chooses an option, we laud him for being creative. Blair doesn't blase away with the first option and we crucify him? To me this highlights that Blair is trying to be a player he is incapable of being? He's definitely a goer, does he have a place though?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back