Autopsy post mortem v hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

Very impressed by Walker so far. Perfect replacement for Thompson.
I'd say he's better than Scooter, because he doesn't give away silly frees.

Walker has been superb for us this year, and tonight he was brilliant. He and Taz kept us in it when the Hawks were pressing time and again, particularly in the 3rd quarter.

We got an absolute steal in Walker.

Scores from turnovers...... that’s the ball game.

Did the umpire get sick of paying the ruck infringements that were clearly there? Paid them early and then proceeded to let Ceglar tackle Goldy at the ruck contest and not pay anything.

The Wingard goal was a disgusting look for our sport. Pull your head in umpires, when’s incidental contact to the arm been called a hold?

Just sick of this Sh#@, at some point this team will get a bit of pride and show the same commitment to the club that the supporters do

Don't get sucked in by 2 late runs. When the game is there to be won against 2 experienced systems who we have more talent than, we've been bad for 90% of the time. The scores are fools gold. Rawings will need years to build this list into a contender.

Thomas looks a forward for now. Play him there. Walker and Tarrant are leading the B and F with Goldy and Jy. The hope is in Thomas and Jy, Taylor, LDU etc.

Atley, Ziebell, Pittard, Brown have been poor so far. Zuhaar looks out of shape. This list needs to be turned over if we want to do more than jag an 8th spot every now and then.

Daw will need to come in and play Forward - we need someone up there who can jump other than CT. X out.

Presumably Cunners in for JZ.

It wouldn't worry me if that was JZ's last game - he knows he can't compete anymore - hurt his leg when again he was 20 meters behind his opponent.
I'd give X another run, particularly with Larks still out. Our forward entries were puss for most of the night. But he competed, crashed in, tackled, goaled. Couldn't really ask for much more on debut.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ziebell is in serious trouble. No spot for him in the modern game.
I agree, unfortunately. It's not even the opposition targeting him, it's just that he doesn't consistently play well enough. His disposal (even in space) is bad.

This is the same guy that used to smash out 4 goals games in a tight contest.

Completely and utterly lost confidence it seems. Even in marking contests, he can't stand his ground.

We are in a position where we can't have him play in the middle because he is very ineffective or forward because he has lost what made that powerful right leg his weapon.

Does Shaw have the kahunas to drop him?

Took us almost a full game to get a free kick for the constant tunnelling in marking contests and then managed 2 in the space of 2 minutes.
They came late because as soon as Hack it Jack went off there was more forward movement which caused Hawthorn defenders to panic and push. They were doing it all night but because there was no movement it was always in congestion, so they got away with it.

Brown is badly out of form, but talk of dropping him is a bit ridiculous.

Thought the effort was there tonight, we just couldn't execute for most of the second half when the heat was on and Hawthorn could. And by "we couldn't execute" I mean literally none of our players could hit a target. Meanwhile they had midfielders in space everywhere you looked. It wouldn't have helped us if we did of course, but it did help them. If Walker and Tarrant weren't plucking everything down back we would've been well out of the game.

I feel like applying for some sort of government rebate. Supporting North has taken such a huge toll on me, I need some compensation.

This is just a s**t way to end a weekend. I’m over this season. Over this year. Over footy.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I was really impressed with Curtis Taylor tonight. I think he is going to be great for us. What concerns me is Ben missing another week. Must be bad for him not to play. Does anyone have behind the scenes info?

Luke McDonald was one of the few players who was on from start to finish.

He wasn’t as bad as what people say he was last week either. He is having a good season.

I love Jack and his efforts for the Club over the years but I do think his body is just failing him now. He plays with pain but I think there will be a New Captain next year.
I am hoping Jack can have a few more good years as a small forward for us though.

Anyone wanna claim that the maggots weren't the difference now?

* people blame the umpires Tef, do you really want to be the same as them?

add:
Godees
Braves
Poos&Wees
Gee
Every other team

I prefer to think to think we are better than that

Remove this Banner Ad

Back