Review Post Mortem vs Bombers

Remove this Banner Ad

Crisp turned the ball over in the middle with 1 minute left and our defence caught out of position, we're damn lucky Saad choked and gave it right back.

So we’re lucky Saad turned over but Essendon isn’t lucky Crisp turned it over?

Not sure I follow your logic.

Colllingwood won because we were better when we didn’t have the ball than Essendon were when they didn’t have the ball.

Our defence and our defensive structures were outstanding.

Colllingwood won because we were better when we didn’t have the ball than Essendon were when they didn’t have the ball.

Yep our defence was amazing, we managed to get the four points against a side playing thier annual grand final yet again , hence why they are so salty and looking for any excuse they can. 5351 days without winning a game at the business end of the year will do that to a man.

I’m not a coach or a player.

Are you?

Yep. My pet peeve is when posters tell each other that they need to keep a lid on it. The players and coaches may need to stop themselves from getting overexcited and thinking too highly of themsleves. We don't. I reckon we're going to shred the competition this year. We rock. We're finally going to prove that line right and the Premiership is going to be a cakewalk. Go Pies!

What the hell is a cakewalk anyway?

Yep. My pet peeve is when posters tell each other that they need to keep a lid on it. The players and coaches may need to stop themselves from getting overexcited and thinking too highly of themsleves. We don't. I reckon we're going to shred the competition this year. We rock. We're finally going to prove that line right and the Premiership is going to be a cakewalk. Go Pies!

Old school slang for a piece of cake in meaning basically.

Don't ask me why both involve cake though...

Generally you don't call the loser of a game "lucky to win" because... you know.. they lost.

This was as close as a 50/50 game as you can get, people seem to be forgetting Crisp chipped the ball straight to an Essendon player with 1 minute 10 left on the clock and our defence caught out of position. We didn't play well at all in the 2nd half, much like the GF we lost all our dare and closed up shop... I have no idea why our players seem to panic when we have big leads, but it's a worrying trend if it continues.

Last edited:
Generally you don't call the loser of a game "lucky to win" because... you know.. they lost.

This was as close as a 50/50 game as you can get, people seem to be forgetting Crisp chipped the ball straight to an Essendon player with 1 minute 10 left on the clock and our defence caught out of position. We didn't play well at all in the 2nd half, much like the GF we lost all our dare and closed up shop... I have no idea why our players seem to panic when we have big leads, but it's a worrying trend if it continues.

You know my point. I never said lucky to win.

It was a high pressure game and both teams made mistakes under pressure.

Essendon are a good team and will play finals. The win is in the bank. If anything nearly cost us the match it was set shots in front of goal. That is something that the opposition has no influence over.

Last edited:

I think it’s similar to a Wonderwall.

Wikipedia refers to it as a dance competition from the slave era where the winning couple won a huge cake

Hahahahaha good god

Attachments

• ACB48F35-633F-425F-BF1F-3D11561B93A9.png
    ACB48F35-633F-425F-BF1F-3D11561B93A9.png
    231.6 KB · Views: 96
Just on Good Old Collingwood Forever why are the lyrics “they” know how to play the game etc.

Surely it should be “we” know how to... etc

Just on Good Old Collingwood Forever why are the lyrics “they” know how to play the game etc.

Surely it should be “we” know how to... etc

Perhaps the song is referring to the 22 blokes out on the ground.

The rest of us only think we know how to play the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perhaps the song is referring to the 22 blokes out on the ground.

The rest of us only think we know how to play the game.
But do the players sing “they” or “we”?

That is the question then.

We have seemed to panic in some big moments recently, as the pressure/heat builds from the opposition making a push - will need to be far more composed for longer periods at the pointy end of the season.

Watching the replay again.....I thought Varcoe was better than Thomas when I watched it before.

I hope it’s ok to post in here again.

I like to think we broke their back and the past 2 results have been a direct result of the ANZAC Day loss
And the best thing about their loss to Sydney was the fact they should have got a 50 meter penalty for that last kick - yet another controversial result!! What a shame. Poor old Essendope, yet another season with no finals.

And the best thing about their loss to Sydney was the fact they should have got a 50 meter penalty for that last kick - yet another controversial result!! What a shame. Poor old Essendope, yet another season with no finals.
Do the umpires not understand the rules?

Goal umpire staring directly at a player climbing a goalpost like a monkey and shaking it and no free kick?????

FMD - let's just gift those COLA sucking turds 3 or 4 home game results and let their opposition rest without having to travel to that sh!thole.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back