Autopsy Post Mortem vs Norf (Pies 84 def by Norf 124)

Remove this Banner Ad

upload_2016-7-22_22-20-11.png

http://www.afl.com.au/match-centre/2016/18/coll-v-nmfc

mIFs0xN.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Just another groundhog day loss in the Bucks era. Didn't turn up, inefficient going forward when we do get on top, only play two quarters etc. I think North actually had an off night going forward and it could have been much worse. But hey let's not change anything and hope for the best.

Only positive was the harsh lessons dished out to Maynard etc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No credit at all to north, they deserve absolutely none and Thomas is the biggest disgrace in the game. It's the worst I've seen us use the footy all year and a large chunk of north's goals came from bad turnovers, especially in the first quarter. I don't think it's a coincidence it happened at our first game at etihad for the year. Why we continue to gift home games to etihad tenants is beyond me.

Despite that I thought we showed great spirit in the second half and on another day or ground would have came away with the points.

Sinclair was badly missed and it wasn't until Varcoe went back that we played our best footy.

Effort was good but does not make a Difference with our Terrible Skills and Descion Making.

Scumps where Simply Disgusting Tonight
Disagree effort was inconsistent and with some non existent. Too much left to too few. Pendlebury really should have had a break can't run and little penetration in his kicking.

Good: Moore's last 1/4, Varcoe's 2nd half, Some of Sidebottom's class acts,
Bad: Got sucked in, Forward line as a collective (except Moore's last1/4), lack of discipline in first half, some of our kids couldn't stand the heat, Howe had a stinker in the first half, center clearances, Marley's uncontrolled agression. Lack of leadership by experienced players in the first quarter.

When does the cricket season start?

Effort was good but does not make a Difference with our Terrible Skills and Descion Making.

Scumps where Simply Disgusting Tonight

No offence TD, but the effort was awful. Allowing a team like North to get that sort of break is pathetic.

Hope Sinclair is ok. His brain has got to be scrambled after the last few months.

Grundy got schooled in the ruck and that is where it all fell down. Midfield got slammed. Allowed them to run onto the loose ball off the centre bounces far too often.

Very disappointing overall - effort seemed good in 3rd and 4th quarters but when match was up for grabs in first half there were too many pedestrians.

Our first quarter focus on the man rather than the ball was simply stupid. Not sure if it was a coaching directive or the players interpretation of the coaches comments but while we were acting tough, the Kangas were kicking goals.

The other interesting observation is how regularly we get destroyed out of the middle. We apparently have one of the best young on-al brigades in the comp but we rarely deliver. True they're still learning how to play together but the first quarter tonight was pathetic.

With the season now gone (baring a miraculous 5 in a row finish) we need to keep getting games into our youngsters, don't bother playing those who are not in our future plans and give opportunities to those who we might trade to determine their worth or value.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back