Play Nice Post sanction: Taylor Walker publically apologises for his racial slur

Remove this Banner Ad

Look, it is a good apology, and it seems to have been taken as genuine given that Young was willing to appear in the apology video.

But I really hope that people take notice of what a lot of other Aboriginal people are saying about this - that it's not an isolated one-off issue, it's something they see, hear, and feel on a regular basis.

I wonder how many ppl in this thread have said a racist comment in their life?

Back in the day some of my best jokes had racial undertones that even those I was poking fun at went out of their way to repeat to anyone who would listen...!

These days, none of us dare repeat such jokes as 3rd or 4th parties (who are more often than not are just virtue signalers) may somehow be offended...

Last edited:

Just on the tex situation my two cents, I don’t understand , Taylor said this weeks ago then played a few weeks of football plus media interviews (weekly appearances on triple m etc). To me that speaks volumes, this remorseful side comes out after being caught out. Doesn’t sit well with me if he was truly remorseful for how he made Robbie feel/the racist comment wouldn’t he have been feeling this horrible mental state before we found out? Or is it only because he got caught ? Pls help

This is a good thing, racism has no right in this day and age.
Harmful words have an impact and it is all good and well as long as it goes both ways.
I wonder how many people have been compared to an Fornicating Albino canine on the footy field.
IMO what happens on the footy field should be left on the footy field and at the end of the day you take what has been said in the heat of the moment.
Unless it is personally against you specifically, grow a pair and move on you are getting paid good money for doing 2 hours work who cares.

Crows seriously need to cut him loose, right now.

A Crows crowd cheering Tex like some heroic returned soldier will not play well.

The only possible upside from a Crows PR is if their own crowd boos him and shows how disappointed they are in his actions.

Not the risk any sensible club should take on a used up vet.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A Crows crowd cheering Tex like some heroic returned soldier will not play well.

The only possible upside from a Crows PR is if their own crowd boos him and shows how disappointed they are in his actions.

Remember when a whole team got banned for doping and their 'triumphant' return? Ch 7 ran puff pieces for months.

Remember when poor poor Jab Watson and his ill-gotten brownlow got boo'ed by the Eagles crowd and he bawled his eyes out and all the sympathy he got? Ch7 gave him a spot on Friday night footy next to Wayne Carey.

There were even ******* rumours of a odd couple style sitcom Drug Cheat & The Glasser before COVID hit...

Did Matt Crouch hear this and choose to not call it out?

If so, what does that say, about him?

I am genuinely curious.

Did Matt Crouch hear this and choose to not call it out?

If so, what does that say, about him?

it says that he did what 95% of the population currently do

only 4 weeks ago my old man's work colleague said some horseshit racist joke about Charlie Cameron that i won't repeat as we were watching a Brisbane game - He looked up at me and said 'uh only joking ofcourse' and i didn't actually say a word because I just couldn't be bothered going there

but i should have

proof of this planned redemption story?
from Taylor's carefully staged 'apology'

“I’m going to lean on you Robbie,”
“I’m going to lean on the AFL and others around me to support me.”

The idea that the AFL would offer support to Walker is a complete joke. He can pay for his own support. The AFL, the players association and the Crows should be slamming every door in his face.

Eddie still believes he's the victim from the media over the Goodes comments.

eddie watches Friday night footy and hears the boys in the box fawning over and polishing duck’s knob and thinks to himself, geezus ******* christ, this campaigner actually did some bad s**t. All I did was say something slightly wrong and I didn’t even mean it! why is everyone always picking on me?

I think that is exactly what will happen. Sure, there will be some booing him but if he is allowed back to the club, the crowd will likely be split 80-20 on clapping him on the 13th minute of each quarter and it will be embarrassing and shameful

Remove this Banner Ad

Back