Competitions Post the last game when we played worse than that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
It couldn't be 2016 when we had a truck load of injuries.

Couldn't be 2014 or 2015 either.

2013? Nope.

Got it.

Round 12 2012.

That was the worst effort we have put up in almost 5 years.

There have been some bad losses - the Port game last year jumps to mind - but I can't remember such a terrible, error-ridden performance. Maybe that time against the Crows years ago where we had kicked one goal tops in the first half? Just can't recall four quarters as terrible as that.

This was worse than the Port game. I thought Port at least showed up that game. Richmond were extremely error riddled as well. We were both pretty average really.

Gees we haven't exactly played brilliantly the last few weeks, just played a bit better opponent tonight. What was that our 22nd defeat from about 28 games?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gees we haven't exactly played brilliantly the last few weeks, just played a bit better opponent tonight. What was that our 22nd defeat from about 28 games?
Yep. I'd say the Round 1 loss against West Coast is on par to the loss against Richmond. The final last year against the Crows was Rot and I rate that as a more shitful performance than against the Tigers. :stern look

We made Richmond look like they we're elite ball users never been to a game that was so flat. I mean apart from wood goals the excitement meter never moved.

Brisbane at the Gabba a few years ago was awful.
May have been The Max Warren game.

I think we beat Hawthorn the next week.
Indeed we did. 2014. Brisbane Rd 15 then we showed up the next week against the Hawks. Petrie kicked 6 against Lake. Was also the match that Lake got into MRP trouble for his choking attempt. That night was special though, never seen North split open a top 4 side so willingly. It frustrates the hell out of us when we see North hot and cold week after week. It's unhealthy.

That's the worst game we've played in 5 years but we lost by less than 6 goals to the team in 4th place on the ladder?
The score flattered North, but that's the frustration - the teams at the top aren't all that great this year, success is really there for anyone who works hard enough, and we see trash like that dished up. Richmond aren't a three win better side but they abolutely worked their arses off to run, provide options, and pressure North players. They made fewer mistakes, but they made up for them with work rate and better discipline. That was a 50-50 game in an open season and it was thrown away.

That was a 50-50 game in an open season and it was thrown away.

This is about how I see it.

For us now it is all what the repercussions are.

If we are resetting on field and mindset off it, there are senior players who should be dropped for their subpar performance.

This is about how I see it.

For us now it is all what the repercussions are.

If we are resetting on field and mindset off it, there are senior players who should be dropped for their subpar performance.

Agree.

It's time for the "aggressive reset" to get inwardly "aggressive"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back