The Lone Latic

Glutton for Punishment
Oct 8, 2011
Watching the Latics fail repeatedly
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wigan Athletic
I went early on Aaron Black too, especially after that game against St Kilda when he kicked i think 3? in the 1st quarter?

Geez he was a beautiful set shot early in his career before (i presume) someone changed it and it went to all hell. (Our set shot kicking has been atrocious so whoever was in charge of that deserves to be fired)

I went early on Ahern too......

Bowski

Club Legend
May 14, 2007
Shenanigan
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Celtic
This is an old one but when West Coast drafted Tony Notte in '07 I said something along of the lines of "has Brownlow written all over him" all off of watching 2 Champ games. Time has led me to be a little more prudent...

discodaddy

All Australian
Jun 13, 2011
Canberra
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
There are no others
i was pumped after I heard Brad Scott speak at the best and fairest just after being appointed. He spoke in an extremely confident and almost aggressive tone and I thought “he’s a hard-arse - he’s going to take us places”.

I had given up on LMAC being anything other an average player. I would been ok to see him gone at the end of 2019. Glad to be wrong.

Matthew Capuano would win a Brownlow.

I was robbed cause it’s a bloody midfielders award.

This is an old one but when West Coast drafted Tony Notte in '07 I said something along of the lines of "has Brownlow written all over him" all off of watching 2 Champ games. Time has led me to be a little more prudent...

Funny, I called Priddis as a Brownlow medalist about that time

Mate of mine called Brett Peake a future Brownlow medalist... I still find it very amusing

Last edited:
I went early on Aaron Black too, especially after that game against St Kilda when he kicked i think 3? in the 1st quarter?...

Who's career did he end that day? Jackson Ferguson from memory

AFL Tables says Blacky had 17 touches and kicked 5.3. Ferguson had 3 touches and was subbed off and never played for the Saints or any other club in the AFL ever again

The Lone Latic

Glutton for Punishment
Oct 8, 2011
Watching the Latics fail repeatedly
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wigan Athletic
Who's career did he end that day? Jackson Ferguson from memory

AFL Tables says Blacky had 17 touches and kicked 5.3. Ferguson had 3 touches and was subbed off and never played for the Saints or any other club in the AFL ever again
I think it was him. Not sure if it was his first game but he tore the poor bastard a new one. I was in the 3rd tier at the opposite end of the ground that first quarter as he lead, marked beautifully and kicked truly.

Was well and truly on the Pony Wagon and still not really know what happened after that when he signed a big fat new contract (though that's probably the answer)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back