Post your favourite Ben Stokes moments here!

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes yes.

Not being born about 20 years earlier than I was, was certainly an error on my part.
See my edit.

And the matter of when you were born is why I am trying to educate you ffs.

I was around when it happened.

I know you don't like it - but it was blatant, ****ing cheating.

See my edit.

And the matter of when you were born is why I am trying to educate you ffs.

I was around when it happened.

I know you don't like it - but it was blatant, ****ing cheating.

Where have I denied it? There are elements to it that are simply added to make it look worse - the ‘mysterious’ selection of Underwood despite the fact that he was replacing an absolute plonker for starters - but I’m sure it’s true.

What the f*** does it have to do with a guy, the one I originally responded to, crapping on about how the recent English sides have somehow won purely on the basis of cheating, pitch doctoring etc?

That’s what I still don’t get.

It’s like a Pom pointing out Ian Meckiff and accusing the last few Aussie sides of only winning because they chuck it.

Not really.

I get ‘triggered’ (to use another one of these stupid terms like salty, melt etc that describe anyone who disagrees with the status quo) by the absolute refusal point blank of fans to simply suck it up that they’ve been outplayed.

There’s always an excuse with Australia (as there often is with India and NZ who often have an equally big chip on their shoulder). It’s always the pitch, the umpiring, the poor sportsmanship, the contents of the opposition’s mouths ffs, whatever.

Take it from someone who has been watching his side get flogged for fun for two decades - losing sucks. But it’s worse when you can’t cop it

The biggest chip on the shoulder in cricket is from the English media to be honest.

Where have I denied it? There are elements to it that are simply added to make it look worse - the ‘mysterious’ selection of Underwood despite the fact that he was replacing an absolute plonker for starters - but I’m sure it’s true.

What the f*** does it have to do with a guy, the one I originally responded to, crapping on about how the recent English sides have somehow won purely on the basis of cheating, pitch doctoring etc?

That’s what I still don’t get.

It’s like a Pom pointing out Ian Meckiff and accusing the last few Aussie sides of only winning because they chuck it.
I think you need to remember that it's not always the Aussies who are the bad guys.

Oh, and don't bring Wisdens into the conversation, because there is always someone who can out-Wisden you.

:) :)

Actually, putting hostilities to one side for a minute, Headingley has a spot in my heart.

I was there on the final day of the 89 test, when we dealt with the Poms.

I went out afterwards, as you do, and probably didn't finish up until about 3am.

I didn't have the heart to wake up the bloke at the B&B where I was staying, so I stumbled back to the ground (the gates were open).

Slept in the grandstand (of the Rugby League ground). I've got to say, the seats weren't too comfortable. :D

The B&B bloke thought I was mad when I told him the story the next day.

I think you need to remember that it's not always the Aussies who are the bad guys.

Oh, and don't bring Wisdens into the conversation, because there is always someone who can out-Wisden you.

:) :)

I don’t doubt that latter point.

I’ve not once made any claim about the aussies. That’s not relevant. The point was regarding some fans’ inability to handle losing.

Actually, putting hostilities to one side for a minute, Headingley has a spot in my heart.

I was there on the final day of the 89 test, when we dealt with the Poms.

I went out afterwards, as you do, and probably didn't finish up until about 3am.

I didn't have the heart to wake up the bloke at the B&B where I was staying, so I stumbled back to the ground (the gates were open).

Slept in the grandstand (of the Rugby League ground). I've got to say, the seats weren't too comfortable. :D

The B&B bloke thought I was mad when I told him the story the next day.
Lucky bugger, the 89 Ashes are my all time favourite series.

I don’t disagree. They’re far more willing to roast their own though.

Australia has a partisan media from what I can see. But over here in England , we have a two faced / backstabbing media that like things to go wrong.
If things arent going wrong , they will try to invent something .

During the 90s there was savage attacks on the team for losing. Then when the team starts winning , they start complaining that we werent winning fairly on in the right style of play. Which is why I pay no attention to anything they say.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty crazy if the rumours are true and he won't be charged, if a cop smashed a verbally abusive bloke in the face when he wasn't physically resisting there would be an outcry but a random drunk like stokes is allowed to do it?

Seems like a very dangerous message to send that if somebody verbally abused you or anybody around you then you can use potentially deadly force to subdue or in this case punish them.

VhemCcI.jpg

Australia’s record in dealing with this sort of thing hasn’t been tested too much but they have been pretty good. the only example I can think recently was James Faulkner. He got 3 odi matches and a T20I for his thousand-schooner-joyride.

Australia’s record in dealing with this sort of thing hasn’t been tested too much but they have been pretty good. the only example I can think recently was James Faulkner. He got 3 odi matches and a T20I for his thousand-schooner-joyride.
It hasn't been tested because no one has yet king hit a bloke who has surrendered......

Although you might want to look into the dealings of a player by the name of Luke Pomersbach before you start making blanket statements.
Who?
Hardly a test aspirant, or the current best all-rounder in the world, whose whole country relies on to perform. And who, in these times of social media, and 1 punch coward punch deaths should know better......

Who?
Hardly a test aspirant, or the current best all-rounder in the world, whose whole country relies on to perform. And who, in these times of social media, and 1 punch coward punch deaths should know better......

Beside the point. You’re coming across as though ‘oh no, no Australians would ever do a thing like that. We’re far above it.’

Remove this Banner Ad

Back