Post your favourite Ben Stokes moments here!

Remove this Banner Ad

Quelle surprise.
Not sure what you mean by that. Is it that Stokes was never guilty of affray in the first place, or that the ECB colluded with the justice system and jury to get him acquitted so he could play for England? Or something else?

He's very lucky he is.

Self defence at the start? Agreed it could be argued but thought that self defence would have been over somewhere around the fifth punch.

But he's a real angry ant. Won't be surprised if he's up in front of a beak in the not too distant future. He'd want to get his s**t in order because a "Craig Field" style post-career is very much in play with Ben Stokes.

The two non-cricketers involved were also acquitted so the 'he got off cos he's famous' argument doesn't really stack up.

Not sure what you mean by that. Is it that Stokes was never guilty of affray in the first place, or that the ECB colluded with the justice system and jury to get him acquitted so he could play for England? Or something else?
Neither of the first two. More that having a profile helps sometimes. The footage of the incident was pretty damning.

so a bunch of drunk blokes smashed each other for no reason other than being drunk and angry but they are all not guilty?

Doesn't that mean as long as both sides of drunk louts are attacking each other then it's anything goes?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The two non-cricketers involved were also acquitted so the 'he got off cos he's famous' argument doesn't really stack up.

True. Stokes had a bottle chucked at him so self defence for that one but walking forward and knocking a bloke out who is backing away is a stretch.

Appears to me it was an all in brawl with them all as guilty as each other. Had to find them all guilty or none at all. Once Stokes went with self defence you can hardly convict the other guy who was knocked out.

All very lucky. Just seems Stokes was bigger and stronger so did the most damage.

Hard to believe it took a full year for this to be settled. Surely it could have been fast tracked to court !!

You'd have thought so. I guess they may have been looking for the right judge to hear the case. I kept expecting him to show up around Test 3 of the Ashes series but it never happened.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back