Post your Speedtest.net results

Remove this Banner Ad

olivia89

Rookie
Apr 17, 2017
AFL Club
Sydney
8mb DL/0.5mb Upload. Yay for Australian Internet. I'm going to buy proxy server. I read that it has the highest possible speed and unlimited traffic so I decided to give it a try.

Last edited:
V3LDO4l.jpg

NBNco will have to pry my cable internet connection from my cold dead hands!

Herne Hill Hammer

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 22, 2008
AFL Club
Geelong
Are these tests a joke?

There is no way in hell I am getting this speed. It was done just a couple of minutes ago at 11:40pm.

All the hardware is new. A new PC tower and new wifi hub with clear line of sight from the hub to the tower. The node is 25 metres, maximum. away on the other side of the road.

In outback WA when I'm at work, I can hotspot my phone and download stuff it tells me at around 4mbps and it is faster than what I'm getting now.

I'm with Foxtel, paying extra for the top speed and it is rubbish. I'll be calling them Monday about the extra payments. I went in fully aware of people's complaints about Foxtel speeds but they had a deal on that was too good to refuse. Unlimited data and full HD platinum tv for $154 per month.

Does anyone know how to check the veracity of these tests? I don't want to ring them up and run a test and have them tell me it's fine, because it's not.

At the end of the day, I can put up with it, but if I don't have to I'd prefer not to.

upload_2018-3-8_23-41-15.png

Sep 17, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
NY Yankees, Glenelg Adelaide Giants
Im getting 2.6mb down, about 0.5 up.
Ive got no idea what the issue is.
Its a brand new ADUS DSL AC68U modem/router, I live in Clayton 3168 Vic.

Did i get sent a dodgy modem or would my lines just be old and s**t?

it depends on far you are from the exchange , try this, it will tell you how far from the exchange

https://www.adsl2exchanges.com.au/addresslookupstart.php

or you could have shitty phone lines

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just standard Fibre in NZ, I believe we can get faster if we want to:

One provider lists their Utra Fast FibreMAX as:
7291231322.png

Ultra Fast FibreMAX runs on the Ultra Fast Broadband network, providing speeds of between 700Mbps and 900Mbps download/400Mbps upload in optimal conditions

Just standard Fibre in NZ, I believe we can get faster if we want to:

One provider lists their Utra Fast FibreMAX as:
7291231322.png

Ultra Fast FibreMAX runs on the Ultra Fast Broadband network, providing speeds of between 700Mbps and 900Mbps download/400Mbps upload in optimal conditions

NZ Net is amazing locally in NZ. Where they struggle is connecting to the outside world. Not many pipes in / out of NZ

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back