Post your Speedtest.net results

Remove this Banner Ad

slow today..

3985388842.png

Boohoo, Mr. Top 5% ;)

Pissed off I ain't got NBN anymore had to move states and this area won't have it for a few more months but should be an ASAP set up by the time it's in the area
From 92 to about 8mbs now :(

4082945123.png

Just moved to Thornlie near Perth about a month ago, unable to get ADSL2, on a waiting list with telstra ( i won't hold my breathe waiting ).

Is this a good speed for Vividwireless, with the hotspot?
Why did you run the test from a US East Coast server?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hella sick of my internet the last few days and Telstra are just about as useless as **** on a bull.

4118161976.png

I get these speeds every few hours, and I can't even play games, I sit on a two bar and lag all over the maps and Skype calls are delayed by 6000000 seconds. It sucks because Telstra is the only ISP available in my area.

:mad:

4149546371.png

Crap. And the NBN is only a few blocks away :cry: (Suspect our rent would be more over there; they've all got better cars...)

The stuttering of youtube videos and other elements is driving me batty.

I miss the heady days at the old address of everything loading straight in 1080p and HD torrents rarely taking more than an hour :(

EDIT: Wait, I'm faster than 54% of Australia? We really are ****ed.

4271303142.png

No idea what Telstra are doing to me right now lol, it's super annoying because I am used to it being so flawless in speed (30-33mbps download and 1mbps upload). When it works fine it's great, when there is a problem like this it becomes so irritating - you wouldn't actually think a bit of video buffering in youtube + images and test no longer popping up on websites at the blink of an eye would cause me to be annoyed... but it does #firstworldproblems.

Hella sick of my internet the last few days and Telstra are just about as useless as **** on a bull.

4118161976.png

I get these speeds every few hours, and I can't even play games, I sit on a two bar and lag all over the maps and Skype calls are delayed by 6000000 seconds. It sucks because Telstra is the only ISP available in my area.

:mad:
4271303142.png

No idea what Telstra are doing to me right now lol, it's super annoying because I am used to it being so flawless in speed (30-33mbps download and 1mbps upload). When it works fine it's great, when there is a problem like this it becomes so irritating - you wouldn't actually think a bit of video buffering in youtube + images and test no longer popping up on websites at the blink of an eye would cause me to be annoyed... but it does #firstworldproblems.

jeeeez wtf.... I think that happened to me 2 months or ago (not as bad as 1.36Mb/s.. but was still bad). Had a chat with them and they told me my connection hasnt been refreshed? in a while... so they refreshed my conneciton from their end.... Next day it was back to normal.

Definately call them up if you havent done so. I'd probably ask for a month free aswell, especially with the connection you're currently getting!

Yeah it hasn't been this bad in a while, the last time I had a bad speedtest reading was in February and it wasn't as bad as this. I had an issue with Telstra nearly 2 years ago (problem started in May 2013... they didn't want to know about the problem until July and they wouldn't address it until August and they didn't attempt to fix it until October.... it took months after that for things to return to normal - and this was a long time after I got the complaints department and the Telecommunications Ombudsman involved). Back then the issue was a slower than normal speed AND the fact that my internet connection kept dropping out every hour.. sometimes for 5 minutes, sometimes for hours lol.

If it doesn't fix itself tomorrow I'll start talking to them to see if they can sort it out. I actually turned everything off when I got up this morning (I am one that leaves the modem and router on 24/7) - turned it back on after 30 minutes and the speed reading was back to normal. Seems it's reverted back to being broken haha.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back