Postcards (Hong Kong, Rio, Torino, Melbourne, Hyderabad and many others ... Add your location)

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope you don't mean the El Camino Real in Houston - bad area.

Is it in Europe?
Yes, from the French Pyrenees to santiago di campostelo on the west coast of Spain. 840 kilometers.

One of those dear old ships that was sailing in the beauty of Sydney Harbour.

829AF2D7-668F-477B-AF5C-D801D70E95F9.jpeg

One of those dear old ships that was sailing in the beauty of Sydney Harbour.

View attachment 861447

I didn’t realise this ship was doing NZ tours.
About 10 months ago I was looking at doing a cruise to NZ. I don’t remember the dates I was looking at, think it was April more than March. The Mrs decided she didn’t want to cruise.
May have dodged the proverbial.

love from Glasgow, home of brutal sectarianism, grey skies, days of 14 degrees in mid-summer, Indian takeaways, Celtic and Rangers. no-one knows about Carlton versus Collingwood here or wants to know, it is my secret hidden pleasure. I watched Australia's World Cup soccer games with one mate in an otherwise empty lunchtime pub. Please message me if you live in the area.

When you live overseas you seem to notice anything Australian or related to Australia a lot more. Even the little things you appreciate. :rainbow::thumbsu:

Your last sentence is very true. I have been in Glasgow for four years. I play Australian songs by Cold Chisel, Choirboys, Angels etc on the pub jukeboxes to reminisce. Other patrons ignore them but occasionally someone asks who the band is.

FJ you da man with that stat!
Leaving Nan Wed am. Not to be missed Bangkok things? Got wife and 2 young adult daughter's so no ping pong shooting etc
🤣 🏓
Bangkok is great brother but I'd only stay there a couple of nights.
If you do the islands, Koh Samui and Koh Phangan are great.
Beautiful spots all over the country.
Enjoy and DM me if you need any advice.
Take care mate

FJ you da man with that stat!
Leaving Nan Wed am. Not to be missed Bangkok things? Got wife and 2 young adult daughter's so no ping pong shooting etc
River cruise visiting temples, MBK shopping centre. Morning run around Lumphini Park dodging the monitor lizards.

Tuk Tuk food tours.
Floating Markets.
Daicos Torpedo
Your girls will also love that..
Not sure if they still run them, but one thing that I think is fun - particularly compared to getting stuck in Bangkok traffic - is those ferries down the canals where you pull up the blue tarpaulin sides to stop everyone getting sprayed when a ferry passes you in the opposite direction and where the roof automatically collapses when you go under a low bridge.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure if they still run them, but one thing that I think is fun - particularly compared to getting stuck in Bangkok traffic - is those ferries down the canals where you pull up the blue tarpaulin sides to stop everyone getting sprayed when a ferry passes you in the opposite direction and where the roof automatically collapses when you go under a low bridge.
We're going to do a 360 tour. It goes from 8am to 5.30pm. 2 friends up here in Nan have done it and it sounds amazing.

No I meant Nan. It's province in northern Thailand and it's capital is also called Nan.
You have probably come and gone from Bangkok already, but I would have suggested a night out at the Saxophone Pub in Victory Monument. I am staying 3 nights in VM just to go to the Pub a couple of nights in a row. I used to go there back in the 90s when I lived in Bangkok 6 years. There are different bands every night - check their website. Last night's Sunday surprise was a C and W Thai band which also did Eagles and Creedence covers. They were heaps of fun for 2 hours and the doorman had reserved me a seat in front of the drummer, which is obvious from my video. Poor sound because I have an iphone7.

You have probably come and gone from Bangkok already, but I would have suggested a night out at the Saxophone Pub in Victory Monument. I am staying 3 nights in VM just to go to the Pub a couple of nights in a row. I used to go there back in the 90s when I lived in Bangkok 6 years. There are different bands every night - check their website. Last night's Sunday surprise was a C and W Thai band which also did Eagles and Creedence covers. They were heaps of fun for 2 hours and the doorman had reserved me a seat in front of the drummer, which is obvious from my video. Poor sound because I have an iphone7.

Just leaving now actually. Waiting to board.
We were in Talat Phlu on the other side of the river... great foodie area!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back