MVP Poster of the Year award - Nomination Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I second Fronk's nomination for the reasons King outlined.

ps. I'm flattered for the nominations but I'm a bit of a grumpy bugger at times - others are certainly more deserving.

Mutt no need to be so humble , and deep thinkers can often seem grumpy :cool: :cool:

If there is an award for dullest intruder
I would like strongly nominate Jade from Essendon -
I am convinced his persistent posts on our board during the Crameri affair led me to take up glue sniffing again.

prime example of why you will win the MVP award
you think outside the square.

If there is an award for dullest intruder
I would like strongly nominate Jade from Essendon -
I am convinced his persistent posts on our board during the Crameri affair led me to take up glue sniffing again.

I thought the dullest intruder was ernie :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Bleeding Red,White & Blue

A search of this thread for Mingo has yielded no results..... o_O You're all saying my brilliant contributions to the not worth a thread thread was all for nothing?

My noms (and as someone who reads more than I post, thankyou to all the excellent regular contributors):

King Harold
Whoever that guy is who used to play NSL - he gives good rev-ups and insights (3 legs or something?)
Whoever did the Josh Bootsma mouth-breather post

If I'm allowed to nominate someone having already seconded Fronk - I'd like to nominate Butane . I often don't agree with him, but he is both a very independent thinker and articulate (a rare combination on BigFooty.)

Thanks Mutt. At the end of the day it's an anonymous forum and it's just footy! Hard to go wrong if you just speak your mind without attacking anybody.

A couple of guys that spring to mind to me have already been nominated. It'd be interesting to see which posters I've 'liked' the most?

Can me make an award that I can win?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

can their be the standard poster award?

the poster who says whatever he feels without really basing it on much other than what comes to his mind at the time and then can change his mind within a couple of days after reading more detailed responses? i think i can win that award..

although i was always strong on getting bontempelli :)

To continue with the love-in...

This thread drives home what's good about our board. No dominant poster (unless you're talking volume of posts in which case it's Dannnnnnnn by half the length of the flemington straight, then Timtamwb then daylight) but so many diverse contributions, inside knowledge, wild speculation, stimulating opinions, passionate rants, statistical analysis, vids and just sheer wackiness.

In addition to those mentioned above, a few that come to mind are cyclops, 100action, fossie32, black pup, fronky, butane, threenewpadlocks (or was it thirdlegup? Maybe both), dog days, tommycash, templeK, dexter tan and many others. Oh and kennel master for being a dab hand at limericks.

It doesn't really matter who gets POTY (as long as its not the creepy mustachio'd one ;) ) . The point has been well made that we have a rich cast of posters here at WBBF.

PS ... Whatever happened to Ctrain? Used to be the most unrepentantly positive poster by a mile. The anti-Ernie, you might say.

EDIT: and how could I have forgotten the incisive wit of Interloper? Or the feminine touch of Dogs-r-barking and the linguistic rectitude of Curly5? ("You're welcome").

My noms (and as someone who reads more than I post, thankyou to all the excellent regular contributors):

King Harold
Whoever that guy is who used to play NSL - he gives good rev-ups and insights (3 legs or something?)
Whoever did the nose-breather post

Oh Snake , sitting here , misty eyed !
So someone out there thinks the crap I have written has at least a little value. :eek:
Thanks mate.

In addition to those mentioned above, a few that come to mind are cyclops, 100action, fossie32, black pup, fronky, butane, threenewpadlocks (or was it thirdlegup? Maybe both), dog days, tommycash, templeK, dexter tan and many others. Oh and kennel master for being a dab hand at limericks.

awe shucks - thanks dogwatch.

Actually I'm Christian Howard, and this is just a plot to get close to you so I can wreak vengeance...

i knew it was too good to be true ,
Never mind back to being an also ran in Bigfooty world , but thanks anyway.

Now young Christian ----- you need to learn to kick with the other foot , learn how to mark the footy , learn how to out body your opponent and in summing up ----- just learn how to play footy.
Please feel free if you need any further advise !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back