Postponements

Remove this Banner Ad

Theres now quite a few games that will have to be played late in the season, could be interesting especially in the context of title, top 4 and relegation races. Anyway, postponed games so far are:

Man United v Man City (league cup final) - 25 March
Sunderland v West Brom (league cup final) - TBD
Man City v Sunderland (weather) - TBD
Everton v Crystal Palace (weather) - TBD
Arsenal v Swansea (FA Cup R6) - TBD
Newcastle v Everton (FA Cup R6) - TBD
Man City v Aston Villa (FA Cup R6) - TBD
Liverpool v Sunderland (FA Cup R6) - TBD (this one might still be played on the scheduled date)
West Ham v Hull (FA Cup R6 - TBD (if Hull make it through tonight).

Potential postponements depending on the outcome of the next round of cup matches (games will be postponed if the team in bold wins through to the semi finals of the cup) are:
Arsenal v West Ham
Sunderland v Everton
Liverpool v Man City
Manchester United v Hull

The things that stand out for me are that Chelsea will potentially build up a decent lead while City and Arsenal play cup games. Sunderland also could have 3 games in hand over their relegation rivals, and Everton could have three games in hand against their rivals for European spots. Also Liverpool, despite not being in any cups face a possible fixture logjam depending on when games can be re-arranged.

FWIW potential dates for re-arrangements (presuming clubs would want at least 3 days between fixtures)

w/c 17/2 - champions league fixtures
w/c 24/2 - champions league fixtures
w/c 3/3 - internationals
w/c 10/3 - champions league fixtures
w/c 17/3 - champions league fixtures
w/c 24/3 - OK
w/c 31/3 - champions league fixtures
w/c 7/4 - champions league fixtures
w/c 14/4 - OK
w/c 21/4 - champions league fixtures
w/c 28/4 - champions league fixtures
w/c 5/5 - OK
w/c 12/5 - OK, but this is after the regular season has ended.

So not many opportunities to make up games, unless clubs are willing to play a Saturday game followed by a Monday night one on champions league weeks.

Assuming you got knocked out by Barca in the CL is there any chance that the FA could bring the Anfield game forward? Would make sense considering the possible fixture pile up.

UEFA don't allow league games on Champions League nights. Its not a hard and fast rule but there are consequences if its flouted.

So us getting knocked out wouldnt make much difference unless we played on a Monday night (not sure about Thursdays but thibk its the same).

Liverpool v Man City

This one is killing me. I've bought hospitality tickets to the game and have been looking forward to it for months, booked a trip around the game and everything. Then last week I realise the game in on the same weekend as the FA cup semi finals and I am only in England for a week. So unless the match gets pushed forward to mid week I can't go and the club won't let me transfer or sell the tickets so I am out of pocket $900. That is not even taking into consideration flights/Accom ext.

And to top off the kindness of Liverpool fc there solution is I can cancel the tickets and loss up to 70% of their value or get a credit note to another game :rolleyes:even though I explained to them it may be hard to travel back another 17,000km in the next 12 months.

Assuming you got knocked out by Barca in the CL is there any chance that the FA could bring the Anfield game forward? Would make sense considering the possible fixture pile up.

Good I hope it is pushed forward that week so I can still attend

Theres now quite a few games that will have to be played late in the season, could be interesting especially in the context of title, top 4 and relegation races. Anyway, postponed games so far are:

Man United v Man City (league cup final) - 25 March
Sunderland v West Brom (league cup final) - TBD
Man City v Sunderland (weather) - TBD
Everton v Crystal Palace (weather) - TBD
Arsenal v Swansea (FA Cup R6) - TBD
Newcastle v Everton (FA Cup R6) - TBD
Man City v Aston Villa (FA Cup R6) - TBD
Liverpool v Sunderland (FA Cup R6) - TBD (this one might still be played on the scheduled date)
West Ham v Hull (FA Cup R6 - TBD (if Hull make it through tonight).

Potential postponements depending on the outcome of the next round of cup matches (games will be postponed if the team in bold wins through to the semi finals of the cup) are:
Arsenal v West Ham
Sunderland v Everton
Liverpool v Man City
Manchester United v Hull

The things that stand out for me are that Chelsea will potentially build up a decent lead while City and Arsenal play cup games. Sunderland also could have 3 games in hand over their relegation rivals, and Everton could have three games in hand against their rivals for European spots. Also Liverpool, despite not being in any cups face a possible fixture logjam depending on when games can be re-arranged.

Is this in the league Moomba?

We play Everton at home after our next game (Villa) in the league - we were knocked out of the FA Cup by Cardiff (probably to Kreuuuzeurns delight haha).

This one is killing me. I've bought hospitality tickets to the game and have been looking forward to it for months, booked a trip around the game and everything. Then last week I realise the game in on the same weekend as the FA cup semi finals and I am only in England for a week. So unless the match gets pushed forward to mid week I can't go and the club won't let me transfer or sell the tickets so I am out of pocket $900. That is not even taking into consideration flights/Accom ext.

And to top off the kindness of Liverpool fc there solution is I can cancel the tickets and loss up to 70% of their value or get a credit note to another game :rolleyes:even though I explained to them it may be hard to travel back another 17,000km in the next 12 months.

Good I hope it is pushed forward that week so I can still attend

Wow that's really bad luck sivart - hope you can work something out or get a refund.

Have you gone onto any Liverpool forum - you could explain your plight to some local fans and maybe see if they can help you out by buying the tickets off you perhaps?

UEFA don't allow league games on Champions League nights. Its not a hard and fast rule but there are consequences if its flouted.

So us getting knocked out wouldnt make much difference unless we played on a Monday night (not sure about Thursdays but thibk its the same).

As I mentioned in another thread, there's no issue with league games on CL nights, it's televised games that's the issue, which this obviously would be. If City/Pool fans were happy not to have the game televised, AND Sky were happy not to televise it, then there's no issue. But that would never happen. $$$$

Wow that's really bad luck sivart - hope you can work something out or get a refund.

Have you gone onto any Liverpool forum - you could explain your plight to some local fans and maybe see if they can help you out by buying the tickets off you perhaps?

The problem is I have to pick the tickets up from the club on the morning of the game and they seam pretty stead fast on not allowing them to be transferred to someone else.

Look once Man City destroy Wigan in a few weeks time and the match is definitely re-scheduled I am hoping that they change their minds and at least let me get my money back (even though I will be shattered that I won't get to see a game).

Liverpool v Sunderland is a Monday night game so hopefully the FA have some sense and schedule Sunderland's FA cup tie for the Friday night like Arsenal vs Coventry was a few weeks ago.

The problem is I have to pick the tickets up from the club on the morning of the game and they seam pretty stead fast on not allowing them to be transferred to someone else.

Look once Man City destroy Wigan in a few weeks time and the match is definitely re-scheduled I am hoping that they change their minds and at least let me get my money back (even though I will be shattered that I won't get to see a game).

That's fair enough - I know the current regime at Newcastle are pretty bad when it comes to supporters giving/lending their season tickets to others, I wonder if this is maybe standard practice/nothing unusual across the league?

Being out of pocket AND missing the game is a double whammy - especially given how far you need to travel to actually see the EPL from Australia.

If the club don't let you transfer or refund tickets on a rescheduled game I'd be getting onto the papers/twitter etc to call them out.

Especially when you're paying that much and making such an effort. See what Everton did with the Malaysian fella and shame them into doing the right thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Other thing you could do is get the tickets sent out to a UK address rather than picked up on the day. Then you can sell them on via forums, I doubt they would check ID's on the day.

I'd give you mine but they might not send to a Manchester address (but let me know if you want to try).

Liverpool v Sunderland is a Monday night game so hopefully the FA have some sense and schedule Sunderland's FA cup tie for the Friday night like Arsenal vs Coventry was a few weeks ago.

I can't remember where I read it, but I did read that Sunderland are briefing that the Liverpool game is off.

I'll see if I can find it later.

Other thing you could do is get the tickets sent out to a UK address rather than picked up on the day. Then you can sell them on via forums, I doubt they would check ID's on the day.

I'd give you mine but they might not send to a Manchester address (but let me know if you want to try).

Thanks mate, might do that if I get stuck.
I am holding onto the 0.00001% chance the fixture may go ahead and if not hopefully they change their stance a bit once the rescheduling is confirmed

If the club don't let you transfer or refund tickets on a rescheduled game I'd be getting onto the papers/twitter etc to call them out.

Especially when you're paying that much and making such an effort. See what Everton did with the Malaysian fella and shame them into doing the right thing.

I was thinking off posting something on their Facebook page and forums if their stance isn't changed once the rescheduling happens in hope of it going viral like the Everton supporter.

My trip is pretty stuffed on the basis of the rescheduling (which isn't their fault), but surely as I explained to them they could help me out a little bit considering the effort and cash I have spent to travel 17,000 kms to see the game

We still might lose to Wigan and it'll all seem like a bad dream.

Hope it works out well for you.
Cheers mate.

Either you need to lose to Wigan or another home game gets rescheduled to that weekend (Sunderland) which may be a small chance.

Fingers crossed

My trip is pretty stuffed on the basis of the rescheduling (which isn't their fault), but surely as I explained to them they could help me out a little bit considering the effort and cash I have spent to travel 17,000 kms to see the game
If you get in contact with your airline you can get flight credit to fly later.

The main problem then would be accommodation. Some will refund except a 10% deposit or something, others might enforce payment.
Don't know.

If you get in contact with your airline you can get flight credit to fly later.

The main problem then would be accommodation. Some will refund except a 10% deposit or something, others might enforce payment.
Don't know.
I've got accommodation and flights booked in England and a few other countries so the trip is un postponable and will still be awesome, just disappointing everything was planned around this

Liverpool and Sunderland has been re scheduled to a mid week match, now I really have to cling on to the 0.0000000000001% chance that Wigan beat Man City for my match to go ahead

Not gonna hold the fact you're a Liverpool supporter against you, I hope there's a good outcome in the end for you. It's a shame either way if you can't see the game you were planning to but that's a risk involved in the sport I suppose, hopefully if it comes to it they will do the right thing by you

We still might lose to Wigan and it'll all seem like a bad dream.

Hope it works out well for you.
Looks like a bad dream after all, however you still could smash us in the match, but I'm not fussed either way.

Cheers for the earlier offer though

Remove this Banner Ad

Back