Opinion Posts That Don't Deserve a Thread (Random Opinion or Questions)

Remove this Banner Ad

1. Bravedogs. Cant stand em. Cheating for frees. Bevo talking utter crap. Commentators orgasms over Bont. The entire Darcy family. Brad Johnson. Alex Keith. Bailey Smith. Rory Lobb. Toby McLean. Just a stain on humanity.

2. GWS. Nuff said. Just hateable. Nothing to like at all.
3. Crows.
4. Eagles. Shittest fans in the comp.
5. Norf.

Honorable mentions Tigers, Blues and Bombers.
Brad Johnson is a good bloke . Someone need to give a run down on St Scum

This Thursday at Sandown races a horse named GOODES will make it's debut , a $500,000 purchase . The Sire was Written Tycoon and the Dam was APOLOGYNOTACCEPTED !
Before anyone carries on the owner former AFL journo Anthony Mithen contacted Adam and would only call it that if he accepted it and he was happy with the name , so once again we can cheer on Goodsey

This Thursday at Sandown races a horse named GOODES will make it's debut , a $500,000 purchase . The Sire was Written Tycoon and the Dam was APOLOGYNOTACCEPTED !
Before anyone carries on the owner former AFL journo Anthony Mithen contacted Adam and would only call it that if he accepted it and he was happy with the name , so once again we can cheer on Goodsey
That's an awesome story

Needed to rant and didn't know where to post this so just stuck it in here.

I gotta say this board is negative AF these days. It seems an unfortunate byproduct of the GF result is a rise in Notgoodenoughism on this board. Seems like every time I come on here someone's lamenting why we picked someone at the draft over someone else, why (insert name) is overrated, why (insert name) isn't gonna make it with us, how (insert name) won't ever be a star.

It's not my place to tell people what to think and what to post. I'm still happy to come on here and try and counter that negativity, or else I simply wouldn't bother with this joint anymore (I am rarely in more arguments on here than when I am going to bat for a player I like.) But it's disappointing that it needs to be done in the first place, particularly after the season we had last year. It's gotten to the point where it seems like people can't even enjoy our young players development because they've already decided what their ceiling is, or how far they can go, or what their careers will be.

I understand negativity after a season like 2019 or 2020, or even a more meandering, almost pointless season like 2018. Doubt and scepticism and Other Side of the Fence syndrome starts to creep in, as you wonder if the list at our disposal really will be good enough one day. And then in recent years that's been compounded by the loss of players many of us like and rate.

But gee whiz let's get a grasp of the big picture. We made a grand final. We managed to keep every player from that team on our list by the year's end. As of right now, until proven otherwise, we are the second-best team in the competition. It's a damn good place to be in and we have many awesome players to be excited about.

And I'm not exempting myself from the above either btw. I think we could all afford to be more appreciative of the cause for optimism that our great club has given us, and not let one day spoil that.

I gotta say this board is negative AF these days. It seems an unfortunate byproduct of the GF result is a rise in Notgoodenoughism on this board. Seems like every time I come on here someone's lamenting why we picked someone at the draft over someone else, why (insert name) is overrated, why (insert name) isn't gonna make it with us, how (insert name) won't ever be a star.

It's not my place to tell people what to think and what to post. I'm still happy to come on here and try and counter that negativity, or else I simply wouldn't bother with this joint anymore (I am rarely in more arguments on here than when I am going to bat for a player I like.) But it's disappointing that it needs to be done in the first place, particularly after the season we had last year. It's gotten to the point where it seems like people can't even enjoy our young players development because they've already decided what their ceiling is, or how far they can go, or what their careers will be.

I understand negativity after a season like 2019 or 2020, or even a more meandering, almost pointless season like 2018. Doubt and scepticism and Other Side of the Fence syndrome starts to creep in, as you wonder if the list at our disposal really will be good enough one day. And then in recent years that's been compounded by the loss of players many of us like and rate.

But gee whiz let's get a grasp of the big picture. We made a grand final. We managed to keep every player from that team on our list by the year's end. As of right now, until proven otherwise, we are the second-best team in the competition. It's a damn good place to be in and we have many awesome players to be excited about.

And I'm not exempting myself from the above either btw. I think we could all afford to be more appreciative of the cause for optimism that our great club has given us, and not let one day spoil that.
I'm not grumpy because of last year , i'm grumpy from the cheating of 16 . Last year we got done fair and square

I rewrote it.

I gotta say this board is great these days. It seems a fortunate product of the GF result is a rise in optimism this board. Seems like every time I come on here someone's celebrating why we picked someone at the draft over someone else, why (insert name) is underrated, why (insert name) will make it with us, how (insert name) will be a star.

But it's encouraging after the season we had last year. It's gotten to the point where it seems like people can enjoy our young players development because of what their ceiling can be, or how far they can go, or what their careers will be.

I understand positivity after a season in 2022.

We made a grand final. We managed to keep every player from that team on our list by the year's end. As of right now, until proven otherwise, we are the second-best team in the competition. It's a damn good place to be in and we have many awesome players to be excited about.

I think we could all afford to be more appreciative of the cause for optimism that our great club has given us, and not let one day spoil that.

I rewrote it.

I gotta say this board is great these days. It seems a fortunate product of the GF result is a rise in optimism this board. Seems like every time I come on here someone's celebrating why we picked someone at the draft over someone else, why (insert name) is underrated, why (insert name) will make it with us, how (insert name) will be a star.

But it's encouraging after the season we had last year. It's gotten to the point where it seems like people can enjoy our young players development because of what their ceiling can be, or how far they can go, or what their careers will be.

We made a grand final. We managed to keep every player from that team on our list by the year's end. As of right now, until proven otherwise, we are the second-best team in the competition. It's a damn good place to be in and we have many awesome players to be excited about.

I think we could all afford to be more appreciative of the cause for optimism that our great club has given us, and not let one day spoil that.
I was positive, optimistic, cheerful ….

And then bedford mentioned 2016.

Now I find myself curled up in the foetal position, rocking back and forward, muttering “Stevic, Bravedogs, Free Kicks ……”

I rewrote it.

I didn't know you dabbled in fan fiction rusty!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't mind the negativity rusty as not everything the club does is going to be perfect. But I feel like some people make negativity their entire posting personality.
I'm going on a rant.
A few on here are a stuck in a quagmire of their own immediate impressions of our draftees and rookie selections. They still stick by the Swans though. I cannot live in that negative world of what we could have (if we trade it all for x overrated knucklehead) that no one wants. Like that idiot at Collingwood. Some on here were legitimately wanting us to trade all our draft picks for a misdirected mid from Collingwood thinking it was the key to the promised land.

Lots of clubs trade two draft picks for a midfielder. How stupid is that. There are plenty in every draft. Even at lower picks. Dime a dozen if your development team has credibility.

Draft picks are valuable to the Swans. But they know that other clubs are desperate. Other clubs have other KPIs other than being a better team. They have justifying a coach, moving up the table etc. Swans do not have those petty issues. They just want the best player available. But they know other clubs have issues that they can exploit and they do. So we got some extra for this year. Dumb clubs make us stronger.

I just find it amazing how outstandingly dumb some clubs are. I mean really dumb.

Who would ever trade 2 draft picks for a midfielder. Ask Essendon. Even 3. Ask West Coast. I'm just a dumb supporter. And I can see it.

It feels weird being one of the few people confident that the reigning runners up will finish top 4 next season. Like I get that we got smashed but come on, this team showed without a doubt we were better than 16 other teams with so much obvious room to grow. This is gonna be an amazing season, I can *in feel it

It feels weird being one of the few people confident that the reigning runners up will finish top 4 next season. Like I get that we got smashed but come on, this team showed without a doubt we were better than 16 other teams with so much obvious room to grow. This is gonna be an amazing season, I can *in feel it
Kane Cornes ( yea I know) gave his opinion today on the various clubs' age/games played and how they could be an indicator of a club's success in 2023;

Impressively, last year's grand finalists Sydney are the fifth youngest team, with an average age of just 24. Perhaps they overachieved.

The Swans have speed and potent ball users, players such as Gulden, Warner, Stephens, McDonald, Hayward, Florent, Campbell and McInerney have yet to come close to reaching their potential. Still, it might take a few more pre-seasons and exposure in big games before this young group is ready to go all the way.

Then we arrive at the teams in the flag-winning sweet spot. Brisbane, Richmond, Melbourne and Collingwood slot into this category. All four teams have an average age of 25 and recent exposure to big finals appearances amongst their players. All four teams are near certainties to finish inside the eight and probably higher.
So apparently we over-achieved, whereas four other teams are in this mythical 'sweet spot'.

Similarly TAB have us as 7th Premiership favourite (behind in order, Geel, Melb, Bris, Rich, Carl, Coll).

FWIW I'm with you.
Really looking forward to this season.

NB Ages/games pld data here;

Kane Cornes ( yea I know) gave his opinion today on the various clubs' age/games played and how they could be an indicator of a club's success in 2023;

So apparently we over-achieved, whereas four other teams are in this mythical 'sweet spot'.

Similarly TAB have us as 7th Premiership favourite (behind in order, Geel, Melb, Bris, Rich, Carl, Coll).

FWIW I'm with you.

Richmond?

Really?

Dreamin’

FWIW I'm with you.

I'm not sure of the order above us but 7th feels about right, if I set my line there I'm certain to be happy come year end.

Sydney and Freo being underrated IMO

My opinion - this board isn't all that negative but a few very vocal posters are extremely negative.

In the past I've blocked out 2 posters when I feel they're really bringing everything down. You'd be surprised how suddenly this board can be a positive place

Remove this Banner Ad

Back