Rumour Potential big news...

Remove this Banner Ad

And you know that even if you get them to sign an agreement that they won't seek to change, after a few years they'll complain that things have changed since the agreeyd and the SANFL is screwing them so they deserve it too.

Oh I have no doubt they will. Even though they should have nothing to do with it, I mean are the Bulldogs any chance of putting up an argument that gets them Collingwoods spot in any of their big event games? Equality is necessary to a point but they shouldn't be comparing themselves with us, and we shouldn't be comparing ourselves with them. It should be direct from the AFL "yes Crows your right, Collingwood, Essendon & Richmond get their big games, so this ones yours, Port... well we give Melbourne Queens Birthday against Collingwood so how about we guarantee you keep your home Showdown once a year"

Oh I have no doubt they will. Even though they should have nothing to do with it, I mean are the Bulldogs any chance of putting up an argument that gets them Collingwoods spot in any of their big event games? Equality is necessary to a point but they shouldn't be comparing themselves with us, and we shouldn't be comparing ourselves with them. It should be direct from the AFL "yes Crows your right, Collingwood, Essendon & Richmond get their big games, so this ones yours, Port... well we give Melbourne Queens Birthday against Collingwood so how about we guarantee you keep your home Showdown once a year"

I've got a better idea. How about you get Anzac Day, and we get the one Showdown every year? I'd rather get a game against a different club every year than have two games against Adelaide.

I mean, Collingwood plays Melbourne on the Queen's Birthday - but it's hosted by Melbourne. So if you want to use that as an example, I'm up for it :thumbsu:

I've got a better idea. How about you get Anzac Day, and we get the one Showdown every year? I'd rather get a game against a different club every year than have two games against Adelaide.

I mean, Collingwood plays Melbourne on the Queen's Birthday - but it's hosted by Melbourne. So if you want to use that as an example, I'm up for it :thumbsu:

Thanks, but no thanks. Sorry, you cannot use our popularity to boost your profit every year. Two showdowns, or one rotating home games each year, ie. Port one year, Crows the next.

Not that I believe this will happen but... wait a moment whilst I put on my tin foil hat... what if this is part of our Tippett penalty? Perhaps our case was stronger than we were led to believe, and there was a threat of legal action over the legality of the AFL's rules that they themselves weren't willing to risk putting to the test in a civil court. So the AFL offers us a deal where we accept an extra year’s worth of draft penalties in exchange for a reserved blockbuster timeslot. That way the AFL gets to act like the tough disciplinarian, scaring off any other clubs from going down the same road, and we give up what we thought at the time was going to be another couple of late first and second round picks for something we deemed far more valuable. After all it's hard to imagine the AFL ever giving such a prize to a non-Victorian club. Might explain why we were so “uncooperative”.:p

i just want us to belt west coast tonite...

port have come to the party...

Bump.

Not sure if this has already been touched on in another thread, but doesn't look like we are getting an ANZAC game next year.

Surely Essendon v Collingwood will get their game as usual. Also recently announced that St Kilda will play in NZ for ANZAC Day for the next 5 years.

Surely they won't play three games on ANZAC Day.

I don't care about the first Oval game other than winning it. Anzac home game every year would sell itself regardless of opposition ans would have to be a night game and must promote the day itself. Hawks my club of choice, they loom large in our history.

Makes sense if true. The AFL would be keen on having an ANZAC day game at Adelaide Oval to the obvious, it being located centrally to the ANZAC Day celebrations. They would be stupid not to take advantage of the day. I am not sure it will be one particular club Adelaide face or it will just be rotated around. but awesome idea.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bump.

Not sure if this has already been touched on in another thread, but doesn't look like we are getting an ANZAC game next year.

Surely Essendon v Collingwood will get their game as usual. Also recently announced that St Kilda will play in NZ for ANZAC Day for the next 5 years.

They could with Ess vs Coll at 2.30pm, then the NZ game at 5.30pm (8.30pm NZ time) then Adelaide vs whoever at 8.00pm or even 8.30pm

Bump.

Perth has also been earmarked for a night game and its been talked about for such a long time. I think the way they will work it is Adelaide will be 12:10pm, MCG 2:40pm (EST) NZ game 6pm (EST) and Perth 7:10pm (WST).

Perth has also been earmarked for a night game and its been talked about for such a long time. I think the way they will work it is Adelaide will be 12:10pm, MCG 2:40pm (EST) NZ game 6pm (EST) and Perth 7:10pm (WST).
AFL would NEVER do that.
No chance in hell they'd go for that 1h overlap shared by the 1st and 2nd game.

Switch NZ with Adelaide, then push forward the NZ game by 1 hour and it could work, but it's the only way.

I don't see 7 ever allowing Foxtel a game during their 5 hour Anzac Day pre-game or whatever length it is. I think theirs a bigger chance 7 gets an Anzac night game against foxtel a game.

I think theirs an even bigger chance we get nothing and one of the most irrelevant teams of the next few years, the Saints get paid to go to NZ every year to play I front of small uninterested crowds.

Bump - Good to see this happened :rolleyes:
Not even an ANZAC weekend game at home this year as usual, let alone anything else..

Port's games away from the state on ANZAC weekend are 1998, 1999, 2001 and 2005..
1 game away in the last 13 years..
There was approx 2 showdowns which were our home games, other than that we are always on the road..

Bump - Good to see this happened :rolleyes:
Not even an ANZAC weekend game at home this year as usual, let alone anything else..

Port's games away from the state on ANZAC weekend are 1998, 1999, 2001 and 2005..
1 game away in the last 13 years..
There was approx 2 showdowns which were our home games, other than that we are always on the road..
AFC no longer have any sway with the AFL. We are toothless. Won't change given Tippett-gate.

Ok this shouldn't really be about football at all considering the significance of the day but, unless we get it on the day and can do something with it I kind of am in favor of being away on the weekend. My feelings on the matter may change now that we are at AO.

I just think its a great opportunity to get to Melbourne for a footy weekend if you can. Same goes with Easter unless we can get a Good Friday match or something, this years horrible, GWS at home on the Sunday.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back