Rumour Potential Early Draftee Misbehaving at a Party

Remove this Banner Ad

Who really cares? Jacob Weitering was a massive teetotaler and never touched a drop of alcohol, hasn't really done much with his career to date. Oliver enjoyed himself and lets loose when he needs to, will be one of the best mids in the comp for the next 10 years.

I'd say more than half the draftees these days are fond of a party, if you know what I mean. No surprise. The issue with Rankine though was said to be behavioural though, so whoever drafts him may have more issues with laziness/bad work ethic etc & if he gets drafted outside of SA the other main issue will be he'll want to go home at the end of the first contract.

Did it involve **** and swimming? Cos its not a real party without that.

Tarryn Thomas is party hearty

What 17 year old doesn't like partying?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have seen a few phantom drafts see him slipping to the crows at 8 and it's bloody hysterical to be honest. I'd be surprised if he was there at 5 let alone 8.
Not only would it require going past Port at pick 5, which is already insane, but then Gold Coast would have to decide NOT to pair him up with Lukosius / Rozee (assuming that's who they take at 2+3). Then after those two already unlikely scenarios, the Western Bulldogs would have to decide that the elite draftee who perfectly fits the mould of the type of player they will be wanting in this draft (small forward, speed, X-factor) is somehow not suitable, and they also pass.

Honestly, if he even makes it to Pick 5 I'll be surprised, let alone Pick 8

Considering he is spending a lot of time with Oscar Brownless and his own kids are now in their early 20's.

Pretty easy to put two and two together where this rumour has come from, I doubt it was Walsh, but potentially someone from down that way.

Just a thought.

Port speaks to Rankine tells him to organise a party with a lot of people who are connected with footy and act like a total richard head.

Suns hear about it and confirm it with a number of people at the party.

Port uses a third party to speak Lyons and Garry makes it public without naming Rankine.

The Suns because of their history select Rozee over Rankine.

Who really cares? Jacob Weitering was a massive teetotaler and never touched a drop of alcohol, hasn't really done much with his career to date. Oliver enjoyed himself and lets loose when he needs to, will be one of the best mids in the comp for the next 10 years.
Honestly, clubs should be welcoming players to party before getting drafted, allowing them an insight into what kind of drunk they are - are they the lowkey kind, or the kind that'll damage property and get into fights?

These top bloke expect potential draftees to be saints when they’re about to enter a profession littered with drugs etc.

Which is exactly why clubs want them to be people who don't take drugs now, because when they do become AFL players it will be so much easier for them to obtain drugs than it was when they were at high school. An 18 year old who does not take drugs when drafted is less likely to take them when he is drafted.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back