Mega Thread Potential future father-son selections

Remove this Banner Ad

Tom Harley interview on 360 talking about academies - mentioned his kids play locally and idolise the swans academy players.....
Can only hope the Swans do another Dunkley.

Falcons are playing today but doesn't look like Mooney, Riccardi or Wojo made the team.
Looks like Van Rahilly is in the under 16 squad, I'm assuming James's son. I wasn't sure how many games James played and it's only 90.

Mooney and Riccardi are both bottom age and would be unlikely to get games and Wojo would be a long way down the pecking order.

Falcons are playing today but doesn't look like Mooney, Riccardi or Wojo made the team.
Looks like Van Rahilly is in the under 16 squad, I'm assuming James's son. I wasn't sure how many games James played and it's only 90.
Yes, Van is in the leadership group at under 16 Falcons level. Unfortunately doesn't qualify.

Mooney and Riccardi are both bottom age and would be unlikely to get games and Wojo would be a long way down the pecking order.
You would still think if they are first or second round prospects they would be at the very least playing TAC cup… not overly good signs this far out. Sounds more like rookies at this stage how they are tracking.

You would still think if they are first or second round prospects they would be at the very least playing TAC cup… not overly good signs this far out. Sounds more like rookies at this stage how they are tracking.
Based on what I have seen they made the squad based on their name only. Hopefully they are late bloomers

Based on what I have seen they made the squad based on their name only. Hopefully they are late bloomers
We have had a frustrating run with father sons who are thereabouts with talent enough that you hear of their presence.. but not enough to make the grade or more so that senior GFL/VFL standard level at best.

We have had a frustrating run with father sons who are thereabouts with talent enough that you hear of their presence.. but not enough to make the grade or more so that senior GFL/VFL standard level at best.
Cheap headline to sell off you can throw "Geelong hits father son Gold" into it

What are the rules with Father Son in terms of how much work you can do with them as kids?
Personally given our premiership stars had a million boys entering the teenage footy years around now I would hope that we are working with them all through juniors to elevate them and help them develop, if the Swans can start training these kids when they are 12 in their academy surely we can do the same and take advantage of the rules to best help the clubs cause?

I know there has been times it has been mentioned where a few of the lads joined in at training but I am talking genuine development being put into them either individually or collectively with regularity... yes it is a potential unfair advantage they have over kids their own age, but tough t***ies, the rules also give us the opportunity to get them over anyone else so why wouldn't we try improve them?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We know Jaggar Mooney and Boston Ricardi are bottom age on the Falcons list. Oscar King was in the Suns Academy. Anyone know if he is playing in a local Geelong comp and if he is how is he looking? Anyone know how any of the other boys are tracking?

2024 - Jett Milburn
2024 - Alfie Wojcinski
2025 - Jagger Mooney
2025 - Boston Riccardi
2026 - Jack Graham
2027 - Oscar King
2027 - Monty Wojcinski
2028 - James Taylor
2029 - Harry Scarlett
2029 - Oliver Scarlett
2030 - Boh Enright
2030 - Max Ling
2030 - Archie Johnson
2031 - Jimmy Harley
2031 - Freddie Mackie

Nice.
Is that a boy or girl? I can't tell from the colour of the uniform or the name :think::D

Neither could I, and based on early comments it was hard to tell also - there were diff comments on the Geelong post referring to Leni as both a "beautiful girl" and "beautiful boy"; I was hoping someone here would help clarify 😂

Reading a bit more just now, Leni is a potential father / daughter selection

Neither could I, and based on early comments it was hard to tell also - there were diff comments on the Geelong post referring to Leni as both a "beautiful girl" and "beautiful boy"; I was hoping someone here would help clarify 😂

Reading a bit more just now, Leni is a potential father / daughter selection

Demi Duncan said "she's beautiful" so you'd think she's in the know and it's a girl.

What are the rules with Father Son in terms of how much work you can do with them as kids?
Personally given our premiership stars had a million boys entering the teenage footy years around now I would hope that we are working with them all through juniors to elevate them and help them develop, if the Swans can start training these kids when they are 12 in their academy surely we can do the same and take advantage of the rules to best help the clubs cause?

I know there has been times it has been mentioned where a few of the lads joined in at training but I am talking genuine development being put into them either individually or collectively with regularity... yes it is a potential unfair advantage they have over kids their own age, but tough t***ies, the rules also give us the opportunity to get them over anyone else so why wouldn't we try improve them?

Apparently we have a young 16 year old called jesse Mellor as an NGA in a couple of years, he kicked 5 goals for Geelong West seniors in a practise match on the weekend.

Is he greg mellor's son?

We know Jaggar Mooney and Boston Ricardi are bottom age on the Falcons list. Oscar King was in the Suns Academy. Anyone know if he is playing in a local Geelong comp and if he is how is he looking? Anyone know how any of the other boys are tracking?

2024 - Jett Milburn
2024 - Alfie Wojcinski
2025 - Jagger Mooney
2025 - Boston Riccardi
2026 - Jack Graham
2027 - Oscar King
2027 - Monty Wojcinski
2028 - James Taylor
2029 - Harry Scarlett
2029 - Oliver Scarlett
2030 - Boh Enright
2030 - Max Ling
2030 - Archie Johnson
2031 - Jimmy Harley
2031 - Freddie Mackie

Id not be counting on Harley..probably ends up playing for sydney. What is the story with JetM... is he playing Coates league etc? I have not heard his name as a draft option this year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back