Mega Thread Potential future father-son selections

Remove this Banner Ad

Gotta be G3 surely...

Just imagine kick to kick in THAT backyard...

Senior, Junior, Nathan and G3.....

Talk about talent.

No pressure on the kid however... :oops:

GO Catters
There’s a story I remeber of Snr telling the boys he wouldn’t play kick to kick with them untill they learnt to kick on both sides

Indeed no pressure lol

There’s a story I remeber of Snr telling the boys he wouldn’t play kick to kick with them untill they learnt to kick on both sides

Indeed no pressure lol
yeah....
You go to into the living room.... coupla Chas' hanging around, Club BnF's and 2 Premiership Medals.

You go over to Pa's, there's a few lazy Coleman's, State of Origin jumpers and a Norm Smith from a Granny - not to mention 4 GF appearances

Head on over to Uncle Nathan's and there's another Premiership medal and the brag it only took him 30 odd games to get it.

Yeah.... fair pressure.. and that just in the family lol

GO Catters

yeah....
You go to into the living room.... coupla Chas' hanging around, Club BnF's and 2 Premiership Medals.

You go over to Pa's, there's a few lazy Coleman's, State of Origin jumpers and a Norm Smith from a Granny - not to mention 4 GF appearances

Head on over to Uncle Nathan's and there's another Premiership medal and the brag it only took him 30 odd games to get it.

GO Catters
To be fair the kid won’t be short of advice just from his immediate family....let alone Jrn’s multi Premiership teammates ...I hope when all these boys are abit older they can start playing together to build cohersion early lol, that if the f/s rule is still around by then.

Should he choose to follow his father footsteps of course

yeah....

GO Catters

Mmm dont forget Granddad's brother or two .....

Im trying to think ..how many 3rd tier linage's are there... Silvagni's... Fletchers on the way?... I think Hirds GDad name was on the ESS grandstand...but no meat in the sandwich.

Mmm dont forget Granddad's brother or two .....

Im trying to think ..how many 3rd tier linage's are there... Silvagni's... Fletchers on the way?... I think Hirds GDad name was on the ESS grandstand...but no meat in the sandwich.
The Bourkes at Richmond,David Francis Frank.

yeah....

GO Catters
Then you head over to great uncle Michael Tuck's house ands you're greeted with 7 premierships medals (4 as captain) 2 AA's and a Hawthorn team of the century jumper.

Then you head over to great uncle Michael Tuck's house ands you're greeted with 7 premierships medals (4 as captain) 2 AA's and a Hawthorn team of the century jumper.
While not quite as impressive, he may spend some time with second cousin Luke who has his own premiership medal with Sydney.

Plus Great Uncle Geoff won a couple of premierships with the Hawks

Just a little bit of success in the extended family

Last edited:
second cousin Luke

First cousin once removed.

Fair to say the kid will have a busy childhood.

Talking to:

His dad.
Grandfather.
Great-uncles. (Plus great-uncle-in-law.)
1st cousins once removed.

The Geelong Cats officially has its own royal family.

Gazza part 3 --> Prince George.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Club has to still be around in 18 years for that to happen. That’s a big if.
It's a mess,it has been reported the Suns lose on average $200,000 a game at Carrara.This after the AFL committed to spend 200 million over 7 year on developing the game in QLD at the time of putting up 13.3 million for the rebuild originally and putting there hand in there pocket for another 10 million for the upgrade.White Elephant.

First cousin once removed.

Fair to say the kid will have a busy childhood.

Talking to:

His dad.
Grandfather.
Great-uncles. (Plus great-uncle-in-law.)
1st cousins once removed.

The Geelong Cats officially has its own royal family.

Gazza part 3 --> Prince George.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ablett_family

GAS lived with his father's cousin Len (ex-Richmond) when he was in Myrtleford.

It's a mess,it has been reported the Suns lose on average $200,000 a game at Carrara.This after the AFL committed to spend 200 million over 7 year on developing the game in QLD at the time of putting up 13.3 million for the rebuild originally and putting there hand in there pocket for another 10 million for the upgrade.White Elephant.
wow... thats horrendous
I mean I get the start up costs are large and then continual... but what is it now.... 8 years deep and its still on the ground floor. All that cash has been flushed and the drain on the cash wont stop anytime soon.

I know its not connected, a different time and a different competition but Fitzroy supporters must just be seething. And to see that kind of resource dedication to yield literally no result....wow... just wow.

And contrast that with the turn around we've seen at GFC from 98 to now. And how its been done without the same kind of AFL handouts and we've had the results... shows how hard it is...

Now to keep all of our future FS options wanting to come to us.

GO Catters

wow... thats horrendous
I mean I get the start up costs are large and then continual... but what is it now.... 8 years deep and its still on the ground floor. All that cash has been flushed and the drain on the cash wont stop anytime soon.

I know its not connected, a different time and a different competition but Fitzroy supporters must just be seething. And to see that kind of resource dedication to yield literally no result....wow... just wow.

And contrast that with the turn around we've seen at GFC from 98 to now. And how its been done without the same kind of AFL handouts and we've had the results... shows how hard it is...

Now to keep all of our future FS options wanting to come to us.

GO Catters
I think we would need more info to make a rational choice on closure... or move base etc.. The figures of youth playing the game , the market soak , the long term projections for where they will be in 20 years.... yes its been 8 but it it may take another 20 years yet. The best comparison , imo is the Swans... and they nearly went down the drain multiple times up there ..and they always had a base of support in Melb from when they were here. Gold Coast is what... the 6th or 7th biggest city in Aust.. and that part of Aust is expected to grow.. (just like west Syd) so id say thats the mindset of those ..spending our dollars. Its why just moving GC to Tas is a short term balm but really not a long term aim..just not enough population growth down there.

Of course one does wonder ..are they just pot committed? I saw a movie the other day (The Post I think) ..and it talked about the main reason the USA did not withdraw from Vietnam earlier is they did not want to admit they were wrong...

And by 2036 ..who knows what the rules will be anyway ..

I think we would need more info to make a rational choice on closure... or move base etc.. The figures of youth playing the game , the market soak , the long term projections for where they will be in 20 years.... yes its been 8 but it it may take another 20 years yet. The best comparison , imo is the Swans... and they nearly went down the drain multiple times up there ..and they always had a base of support in Melb from when they were here. Gold Coast is what... the 6th or 7th biggest city in Aust.. and that part of Aust is expected to grow.. (just like west Syd) so id say thats the mindset of those ..spending our dollars. Its why just moving GC to Tas is a short term balm but really not a long term aim..just not enough population growth down there.

Of course one does wonder ..are they just pot committed? I saw a movie the other day (The Post I think) ..and it talked about the main reason the USA did not withdraw from Vietnam earlier is they did not want to admit they were wrong...

And by 2036 ..who knows what the rules will be anyway ..
This isn't the right place for this argument, I realise, but your thoughts on Tasmania (just like the AFL's) are based on ignorance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back