Mega Thread Potential future father-son selections

Remove this Banner Ad

Boh, Tex, Luna, they like to keep it short
its out of order... but B, L and T..

Got the makings of a decent sanga right there lol

Congrats to the Enright's.... could be the first GFC F/S and F/D combo playing in the hoops there.
No pressure of course.

GO Catters

I have no knowledge to share on him

Remember the excitement when we had Hawkins come through. Remember watching some of his school APS games... triple teamed on a weekly basis yet still marked everything kicked to him.

Only once in a hundred years do you get that sort of talent gift wrapped for you at pick 40.

Changed the rule because of Hawkins as I understand it as he was an absolute certainty to be pick no 1 taken by Carlton.

Remember the excitement when we had Hawkins come through. Remember watching some of his school APS games... triple teamed on a weekly basis yet still marked everything kicked to him.

Only once in a hundred years do you get that sort of talent gift wrapped for you at pick 40.

Changed the rule because of Hawkins as I understand it as he was an absolute certainty to be pick no 1 taken by Carlton.

Yes and No. Yes Hawkins as a Father Son was just too much for the other clubs to stand after Ablett and Scarlett and Blake and the others..etc.

but then to get Hawkins and also be able to call Selwood with P7 just put those , that never seem to be able to have a FS in a state football apoplexy.

Never again would a club be able to double dip.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wasn't it Heeney to Sydney that screwed us?

Another short FS... our lucky run of tall Fs seem to have run out.
Regardless of height he still seemed to get his hands on it. Not saying we should go draft him, would just be interesting if he continues his stats, especially high tackle numbers in a few games if i remember correctly

Changed the rule because of Eddie McGuire as we understand it as Hawkins was an absolute certainty to be pick no 1 taken by Carlton.

EFA

Regardless of height he still seemed to get his hands on it. Not saying we should go draft him, would just be interesting if he continues his stats, especially high tackle numbers in a few games if i remember correctly

Not specific to him or be derisive about his chances ... just that we could do more with a young tall than yet another couple of mid options.
Unfortuetly the way the genes have fallen .. you would think Brownless and Mencsh ..may have had a tall kid..at least as tall as them if not taller.
In a way it proves my point that the Academies that the Northern clubs have should be more beneficial than FS.

Not specific to him or be derisive about his chances ... just that we could do more with a young tall than yet another couple of mid options.
Unfortuetly the way the genes have fallen .. you would think Brownless and Mencsh ..may have had a tall kid..at least as tall as them if not taller.
In a way it proves my point that the Academies that the Northern clubs have should be more beneficial than FS.
If you want an indication of height for someone's children check the height of their siblings/parents. Reversion to the genetic mean gets you. If you have a son taller than the rest of the family he'll still carry the genes for being short. I think Henry has a tall brother right? Pump 100 games into him and find him a netballer for a girlfriend and you'll get get some tall F/S or daughters i would say

If you want an indication of height for someone's children check the height of their siblings/parents. Reversion to the genetic mean gets you. If you have a son taller than the rest of the family he'll still carry the genes for being short. I think Henry has a tall brother right? Pump 100 games into him and find him a netballer for a girlfriend and you'll get get some tall F/S or daughters i would say

Henry's brother doesnt look overly tall ... I think you are thinking about Sam Walsh' brother Henry Walsh ..who is u17 and already over 200

The Blicavs Mob.

A father & son option we never knew about :think:

1st article (Fox Footy, from last year): For Calder, Jake Riccardi — son of Peter — racked up 16 disposals and two score assists.

2nd (AFL today discussing mid-season draft): Jake Riccardi, son of former Cat Peter, celebrates a goal for Werribee in R3 of the VFL.

Good to see no one bothers to fact check anymore and just trust that what someone else has posted is correct

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/cou...l/news-story/c57f24ae85bcd9b3fe4093f55ebe6358

https://m.afl.com.au/news/2019-05-03/brothers-of-afl-stars-explayers-nominate-for-midseason-draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back