Mega Thread Potential future father-son selections

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anyone know which way Bailey Scott is leaning (between us, North and Gold Coast)? Just watching some highlights and he looks a likely type.

He looks alright from that clip although hard to get a lot from that. He’s been mentioned a lot as having a lot of talent prob top 30.

He’d probably get more games quicker but if he’s good enough Geelong will play him.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/gary-ablett-traded-to-geelong.1139065/page-84#post-53151653

The fact that he is playing in the GC reserves is good sign for them re their chances of getting him but it could just be for practical convenience for him while he finishes school. He is eligible for north melb too.

PO. You seem to have an active interest in the drafts.

Can you give much on our trading strategies of picks in terms of our FS 2018? Was it a deliberate move as we are certain our second pick would be used on Brownless?? If so it was a smart move to back ourselves to two third rounders.

Thanks although that’s a shame.

I tried a bit of social media scouting to see if he liked horizontal or vertical blue and white stripes but couldn’t find anything.

Anything could happen between now and then, but you can take the integrity of that source to the bank.

I tried a bit of social media scouting to see if he liked horizontal or vertical blue and white stripes but couldn’t find anything.
Haha, the same bloke that said Kelly and Martin had signed at North.

Fantasy land and dungeons and dragons. He's a troll made of teflon.

Id not trust any of that till the time comes for him to make the choice.. A club in total rebuild may appeal or a club in contention etc..

Id not trust any of that till the time comes for him to make the choice.. A club in total rebuild may appeal or a club in contention etc..
Romance isn’t dead Turbo. If he loves the Roos that’ll be enough.

Romance isn’t dead Turbo. If he loves the Roos that’ll be enough.
Cousins followed Geelong .. but if you are correct , good luck to him ..if he chooses the club that his dad one a flag with.. but to have three choices..traditionally, historically he would pick the stay at home choice. He may prefer a more traditional club in which case he has to move. Once he chooses that then its all best off ... if we offer him a good deal or if North do..it may be the deciding factor... after all most players play for a different club than they supported.

There would be a bigger problem there with either Sydney just zoning them and the kids wold have a choice to stay at home :eek::mad::(:'(

Kids will end up being eligible for sydney academy ala Blakey.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There would be a bigger problem there with either Sydney just zoning them and the kids wold have a choice to stay at home :eek::mad::(:'(
I saw Harley walking down Darling Street in Balmain with his little guy on his shoulders a couple of months back. The boy was wearing a Swans jumper, brought a tear to my eye....

DrG, would you please explain to me why Bailey Scott could go to Suns?

Shouldn't the F/S rule mean that the team, with whom the father played the most games, receives first choice? <--- obviously not lol

I saw Harley walking down Darling Street in Balmain with his little guy on his shoulders a couple of months back. The boy was wearing a Swans jumper, brought a tear to my eye....
Oh no!

If Harley works for Swans, could his son wear a Geelong guernsey? I'd want my child to wear a Geelong guernsey - no matter which club I worked for lol

DrG, would you please explain to me why Bailey Scott could go to Suns?

Shouldn't the F/S rule mean that the team, with whom the father played the most games, receives first choice? <--- obviously not lol
He’s lived in their academy zone so is eligible as an Acadmey selection

He’s lived in their academy zone so is eligible as an Acadmey selection
Thanks DrG. So F/S does not get preference? Forgive my lack of knowledge about recruiting/drafting, please? Still, I'm keen to learn.

Thanks DrG. So F/S does not get preference? Forgive my lack of knowledge about recruiting/drafting, please? Still, I'm keen to learn.
F/S does get the preference - same as Academy kids.

The AFL has kinda merged the F/S and Academy stuff the newer clubs dont have F/S access yet - thats a very broad overview of it.

GO Catters

F/S does get the preference - same as Academy kids.

The AFL has kinda merged the F/S and Academy stuff the newer clubs dont have F/S access yet - thats a very broad overview of it.

GO Catters
Thanks daz, really appreciate you explaining it. Well that makes it fairer for newer clubs. Except the sons of StevieJ, Pops Kelly, Travis Varcoe et al (if they're fantastic) better come to Geelong!

Thanks daz, really appreciate you explaining it. Well that makes it fairer for newer clubs. Except the sons of StevieJ, Pops Kelly, Travis Varcoe et al (if they're fantastic) better come to Geelong!
AFAIK the 100 game time still applies.. so Kelly, TV and SJ still are ours

Go Catters

Remove this Banner Ad

Back