Mega Thread Potential future father-son selections

Remove this Banner Ad

I played against Gibbs in junior footy, he was a freak. Quite a few of the blokes I played with/against got drafted, but none were in Gibbs' league. I was there the day Gibbs had 30 and kicked 6 for Glenelg's SANFL league team. He's a bloke that's had a good AFL career, but I'd argue never got close to his potential.
A lot of my opinions are based on what players did against us, and he always blitzed. A true elite mid. Not sure why he saved his best for us.

I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion. I think it's good that women are having a go. I'm just not here to read about it.

Go ahead and create a father/daughter thread for people that are interested. That's what the AFLW prefix is for.
It’s just how I read it, there probably already is one. The last few years it’s been a bore with father sons, back in the day of some of our stars in would’ve been good and also it will be in its prime again in 5-10 years. It is interesting and nice to see even if some girls get selected as father/daughters IMO

According to this link he's only 18cm tall, so it's unlikely. But on a serious note, he played 13 games for the Falcons last year and averaged just nine disposals. I don't know what role he played, but I daresay he's got some work to do.

Yerbutt if he's made the Falcons when he's that size, imagine what he'll do when he grows.

Otis?

If he does make it to senior footy, surely no one is going to beat him to being the first with that moniker in the history of VFL/AFL.

If we get another 34 games from Sam, we'll have another potential f&s in 18 years...

And congrats to Sam & Emma

Yeah, still has 30 odd games to get played before young Otis is eligible.. ( unless the rules change ) Been a bit of talk lately about altering the 100 games marker. , the disparity between the AFLW and the AFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A lot of my opinions are based on what players did against us, and he always blitzed. A true elite mid. Not sure why he saved his best for us.
I am, skillful players play with more freedom when they know they are not going to get cleaned up if they put themselves in harms way, no fear factor at Geelong.

I am, skillful players play with more freedom when they know they are not going to get cleaned up if they put themselves in harms way, no fear factor at Geelong.
Maybe. We don't tag. Scooter was hoped to be that player.

Maybe. We don't tag. Scooter was hoped to be that player.
It's like how some players in lower ranks (we have all known a few)are stars at training and inter club games but go missing against unknown opposition,few make it to the big time but those that do usually have one or two tricks that get them through(Gibbs)and as soon as he feels comfortable away he goes,similar is happening with Zuthrie IMHO, trains hard and impresses but steps back under fire of a genuine hard contest,now I'm not saying he frightened he wouldn't be out there at all if that were the case but he doesn't play with any freedom or purpose when he goes up a grade.

Do we actually have any father sons on the horizon in the next 2-3 years? Or are we just going to see 40-50 pages of photos of everyone’s babies at the club.
Oysters Kilpatrick kid and I think a Hocking Kid is in the range.... but im not even 50% sure

And any baby arrival will be noted here so id get used to it.

Go Catters

Do we actually have any father sons on the horizon in the next 2-3 years? Or are we just going to see 40-50 pages of photos of everyone’s babies at the club.
Father Sons will keep popping up..what I suspect we all would hope for is another bonus AA level type. Bews Brownless etc are all great and welcome but it would be very convenient to have 199cm CHF/ruck type perhaps playing at the Falcons but at least showing his talents at the right level. Its been a while since Hawkins.

Father Sons will keep popping up..what I suspect we all would hope for is another bonus AA level type. Bews Brownless etc are all great and welcome but it would be very convenient to have 199cm CHF/ruck type perhaps playing at the Falcons but at least showing his talents at the right level. Its been a while since Hawkins.

do we have anything U18/16 level that is potentially AFL level or a genuine gun??
What about our NGA academy??

do we have anything U18/16 level that is potentially AFL level or a genuine gun??
What about our NGA academy??
We are training the Western Bulldogs zoned player whose name escapees me - but He’s a top 5 pick - Stokes has been working with him for years as a indigenous pathway player.. from all reports.. Doggies will score a really really good one there as he’s from their NGA zone..

Go Catters

Remove this Banner Ad

Back