List Mgmt. Father-Sun Watch (List in OP)

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
OP updated. Rhaea Lemmens (2038) added to our the list of potential future AFLW father-daughter picks.

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast

Aaron Hall and his partner are having a baby boy in October so that means we have another father-son prospect to look forward to in 2038 due to Aaron playing 103 AFL games for us. Obviously he currently plays for North Melbourne but it would seem unlikely that he's going to reach 100 AFL games for the Roos given he's turning 30 this year and has only played 16 games in the blue and white to date. He'd essentially have to play a further four seasons and partake in every AFL game each season for his son to be father-son eligible for the Kangaroos.

Jul 11, 2006
Chermside
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
See Below

Aaron Hall and his partner are having a baby boy in October so that means we have another father-son prospect to look forward to in 2038 due to Aaron playing 103 AFL games for us. Obviously he currently plays for North Melbourne but it would seem unlikely that he's going to reach 100 AFL games for the Roos given he's turning 30 this year and has only played 16 games in the blue and white to date. He'd essentially have to play a further four seasons and partake in every AFL game each season for his son to be father-son eligible for the Kangaroos.

The long con is on.

Clearly we let Hall only play just enough big league games to ensure that we have first dibs on generational talent Aaron Hall Jr in the 2039 Draft.

The Big Footy Avengers went back in time to ensure this happens.

1596883447371.png

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
The long con is on.

Clearly we let Hall only play just enough big league games to ensure that we have first dibs on generational talent Aaron Hall Jr in the 2039 Draft.

The Big Footy Avengers went back in time to ensure this happens.

View attachment 930784
Geez I'll be late 30s by then probably just retired from playing 300 odd games and multiple premierships with the Suns!

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Little Isaiah Hall was born in October 2020 which makes him father-son eligible for us in 2038. Aaron is turning 31 this year and has only racked up 21 games for North Melbourne to date so it's probably fair to assume he won't reach the required number of games to be father-son eligible for the Kangaroos as well.

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Tahj Greenwood is father-daughter eligible for us and the Crows in 2039. Congrats to the Greenwood clan!

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Seeing as it's Father's Day, I thought I'd share some very exciting news with my fellow Suns fans. Kai Rischitelli (F/S eligible for us in 2031) played his first season of junior football this year for the Broadbeach Cats U8s! It's also worth mentioning he played alongside another familiar name in Harry Malceski.

So this is the beginning of the official countdown to our first ever father-son pick! I know it's still 10 years away but at least now we know Kai is in fact playing footy and we can keep tabs on how he's progressing through the junior ranks at Broadbeach. The Rischitellis could hold two very special records at our club if all goes to plan - Michael being an inaugural member of our AFL team and Kai being our first ever father-son pick.

Here is the Rischitelli family in 2016:

bj4N0sm.jpg

Last edited:

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I think everyone on our board will be happy to learn our first ever potential father-son pick Kai Rischitelli has continued with footy this year and is playing for the Broadbeach U9s after playing his first year of club footy last year with the Broadbeach U8s. Not father-son eligible for us but also worth mentioning that another son of a former GC player in Harrison Malceski has also continued with the footy this year as well and also plays for the Broadbeach U9s. Both are draft eligible in 2031. Father Nick is of course the current senior coach of the Labrador Tigers for anyone that's interested.

MrJuicy

Rookie
Oct 20, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I think everyone on our board will be happy to learn our first ever potential father-son pick Kai Rischitelli has continued with footy this year and is playing for the Broadbeach U9s after playing his first year of club footy last year with the Broadbeach U8s. Not father-son eligible for us but also worth mentioning that another son of a former GC player in Harrison Malceski has also continued with the footy this year as well and also plays for the Broadbeach U9s. Both are draft eligible in 2031. Father Nick is of course the current senior coach of the Labrador Tigers for anyone that's interested.
2 Years of watching my sons U8's team get pummeled by those broadbeach kids, they have some real skills.

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
For future reference and because Jed Anderson is officially a Sun now, he has three children who may become father-son/father-daughter eligible for us one day:

2031 - Elijah Anderson (F/S)
2033 - Jasiah Anderson (F/S)
2038 - Katerinah Anderson (F/D)

Assuming Jed manages to play 100 AFL games for us (I know, it seems like a stretch right now), then both Kai Rischitelli and Elijah Anderson will become the first father-son eligible players for us once 2031 rolls around. Then we could have Jasiah Anderson two years later and Charlie Swallow three years after that. Even if Jed doesn't reach the 100 game milestone with us, it's still worth noting that his daughter Katerinah will be father-daughter eligible for us in 2038 once he plays his first (and 100th game overall) for us this year.

Patiently waiting for Kai Rischitelli to be a left footed jet.
If he's going to be a jet then we should start to hear about him over the next 12-24 months. Will Ashcroft first garnered interest at 10 years of age because we placed him in our academy as an underager so perhaps something similar will happen with Kai this year. The Rischitellis are still based on the GC and I fully expect Kai to play for Broadbeach again this year so hopefully we hear some good things coming out of Broady. Perhaps Elijah Anderson will join Kai Rischitelli (and Harrison Malceski) in the same age group at Broadbeach.

Back