Toast Potential milestones - 2018 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Just had a look at our playing list. Here's a list of potential milestones for the season ahead:

250 games
J.Selwood (currently on 249)
H.Taylor - (currently on 229)

150 games
C.Guthrie (currently on 128)

100 games
S.Crameri (currently on 99)
J.Murdoch (currently on 92)

50 games
G.Horlin-Smith (currently on 47)
J.Kolodjashnij (currently on 47)
J.Thurlow (currently on 39)
N.Cockatoo (currently on 32)
S.Menegola (currently on 30)

Two other potential milestones, but unlikely based on their injury histories are Gregson (currently on 29 games) and McCarthy (currently on 27).

Joel 250 already?

Going to be a sad day when he retires.
Would be a deserving games record holder for Geelong if we can glue him back together after a couple more years.

Would be a deserving games record holder for Geelong if we can glue him back together after a couple more years.

I don’t think he’ll reach 300, looks like the end is coming rather quickly for Joel unfortunately (after several years of carrying the entire club on his back mind you).

How the heck is Guthrie a few seasons from 200 games. Still seems so young, and honestly thought his form this year was below par for what he is capable of. Befuddling stuff.

Just had a look at our playing list. Here's a list of potential milestones for the season ahead:

250 games

150 games

100 games

50 games

Two other potential milestones, but unlikely based on their injury histories are Gregson (currently on 29 games) and McCarthy (currently on 27).

Geelong has had 1072 all-time players.

Jordan Murdoch has played more games than 907 of them.

If he gets another 20 games this season, he will go past Peter Featherby, Bernard Toohey, John Sharrock, Graham Farmer, Liam Pickering, Damian Bourke, Larry Donohue, John Hyde, Roy West and Ray Card, among others.

This is Ripley, over and out.

If he gets another 20 games this season, he will go past Peter Featherby, Bernard Toohey, John Sharrock, Graham Farmer, Liam Pickering, Damian Bourke, Larry Donohue, John Hyde, Roy West and Ray Card, among others.

Justin is a 'special athlete'.:thumbsu:

:p

Probably the most bemusing stat I have ever read on here.

I could be wrong but it's difficult to imagine we'll still be talking about Murda in a generation or so. As we regularly do with all the other players you mention here.

Truly, Astounding.

Is that why he keeps trying to screw us over now he's a player manager?

I've only heard of Pickering and Farmer, damn.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably the most bemusing stat I have ever read on here.

I could be wrong but it's difficult to imagine we'll still be talking about Murda in a generation or so. As we regularly do with all the other players you mention here.

Truly, Astounding.

I didn't mention, he will also pass Colin Rice and Leigh Colbert.
With Farmer and Bourke, that makes 4 Club Captains.

Yep will end up a Swan/Judd case I think. Can't see him lasting past 32.

All 3 deserve/d to go at 34
He was easily our best to start the year. He might fall in a heap but at this stage the signs of decay aren’t really there. We’re just assuming it will come sharply.

When I was a boy, John Years was my first football hero....until Polly arrived.

Yeates as I recall it was a much maligned player...unfairly IMO. Didn't know Rice ever captained...must have been before my memory banks checked in.

Thanks for that Fred. :thumbsu:

I don’t think he’ll reach 300, looks like the end is coming rather quickly for Joel unfortunately (after several years of carrying the entire club on his back mind you).
I’m not sure about that. He suffered a crippling ankle injury and came back from surgery quicker than anyone has. Not surprisingly he looked downright ordinary in the QF. It’s easy to confuse recovery from injury with age/loss of form

The guy has never been quick so loss of pace won’t be a factor.

To think he was overlooked by some clubs in the 2006 draft because of a dodgy knee

I’m not sure about that. He suffered a crippling ankle injury and came back from surgery quicker than anyone has. Not surprisingly he looked downright ordinary in the QF. It’s easy to confuse recovery from injury with age/loss of form

The guy has never been quick so loss of pace won’t be a factor.

To think he was overlooked by some clubs in the 2006 draft because of a dodgy knee
he'll play his 300th on half a leg with half of his head amputated, won't faze him at all

Last edited:
I didn't mention, he will also pass Colin Rice and Leigh Colbert.
With Farmer and Bourke, that makes 4 Club Captains.

Another incredible stat right there.

Of course, Murda still has to chalk up the 20 or so games required to pass a number of these players.

If the list is halfway fit next season, I'm not at all sure he'll find senior games that easy to come by.

Time will tell.

250 games

150 games

100 games

50 games

Abletts 200 for Geelong would get a mention Im sure when it comes around....

Tom Hawkins needs 62 goals for 500 career goals and he needs 4 goals to pass Billy Brownless and up into 4th place on Geelong's all-time goalkickers list ... he needs 15 to pass Steve Johnson and up into 3rd spot.

Joel Selwood needs 12 wins for 200 wins in his career and a further 20 to become Geelong's most winningest player.

Last edited:

Really hoping they do an M. Blake and only given Murdoch 7 more games so that we don't get Murdoch junior under the father/son rule

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back