Resource Potential Port Adelaide father son players

Remove this Banner Ad

All this Shaun talk is nauseating, he's a turn coat who chucked a hissy fit when choc was overuled for the captaincy choice, showed his character and jumped ship before ours started to sink. If his kids think choosing hawthorn over us is the best move for them more power to them, its their loss. Same goes for tex tbh.

what Shaun talk? zero chance he will come here.

All this Shaun talk is nauseating, he's a turn coat who chucked a hissy fit when choc was overuled for the captaincy choice, showed his character and jumped ship before ours started to sink. If his kids think choosing hawthorn over us is the best move for them more power to them, its their loss. Same goes for tex tbh.
If I was in their shoes I'd probably choose Hawks too, look at their success vs ours.

If I was in their shoes I'd probably choose Hawks too, look at their success vs ours.
At the time they'd won a single flag in the time we'd been in the AFL and that considered a lucky one against Geelong. Don't retrospectively count the 3 flags they got after he went there into it. He chose the easy road, nothing more to it.

I don't blame anyone from jumping ship from PAFC during those days.

We were pathetic and didn't honour our great history, on or off the field. s**t board, s**t management, s**t coaching and s**t recruiting and development.

We should have sacked Choco for his gold cards which fragmented the squad (the ins vs the outs), prevented to development of the greater squad (making this worse was this was the years prior to the compromised drafts), the inability or lack of desire to recruit a second forward and the abusive negative energy around the club.

The fact Choco wasn't moved on, only highlighted the deeper problems above.

Losing Shaun was a symptom of a far deeper issue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't blame anyone from jumping ship from PAFC during those days.

We were pathetic and didn't honour our great history, on or off the field. sh*t board, sh*t management, sh*t coaching and sh*t recruiting and development.

We should have sacked Choco for his gold cards which fragmented the squad (the ins vs the outs), prevented to development of the greater squad (making this worse was this was the years prior to the compromised drafts), the inability or lack of desire to recruit a second forward and the abusive negative energy around the club.

The fact Choco wasn't moved on, only highlighted the deeper problems above.

Losing Shaun was a symptom of a far deeper issue.
While I agree with almost everything you've said and "clearing out the no hopers" should have been paramount during those years, allowing any professional elite talent an out because we were in a terrible place is no excuse tbh at what point did shaun show any personal sacrifice for the success of the club like the creed demands

"To be successful, each of us must be active, aggressive and devoted to this cause. We agree
that success is well within our reach and have confidence that each member of both team and
management will suffer personal sacrifices for the common end."

Shaun was at no stage active, aggressive or devoted to the cause, he cut and ran and chased glory instead of digging in like Trav and co did when we really did hit rock bottom.

Another Burgoyne eyeing off Port Adelaide dream
A week training with the club has made father-son prospect Jase Burgoyne realise how much he wants his AFL chance.

1611023255903.png
Skinny frame, but as he grows into his body, he is going to have the perfect frame IMO ... I have really high hopes for him.

A week training with the club has made father-son prospect Jase Burgoyne realise how much he wants his AFL chance.

View attachment 1042826
Skinny frame, but as he grows into his body, he is going to have the perfect frame IMO ... I have really high hopes for him.

looks like Live Aid wasn't successful, judging by his weight

View attachment 1042826

Orazio looking smug that he's not the slightest built person there.

Does anyone think Trent will debut this yr?

Not the silliest of calls, along way back but I get a feeling there is something special there. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him turn it on and kick a couple of bags of 5-6 goals in the Reserves (SANFL) and even move to a wing/midfield rotation and get a surprise inclusion for the second showdown (similar to Johnson)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back