Resource Potential Port Adelaide father son players

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Come on WWT. If you are serious about development you will either put him in the seniors or let us have him.

On SM-G960F using
BigFooty.com mobile app
I don’t have a problem with him being kept in the juniors whatsoever. It’s not like hes being played out of position, and I think he’s getting more responsibility thrust on him in the 18’s than he would in the seniors. Sometimes I think players can benefit from playing up a level but we got to give him a taste of that.

Coobk001

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
SA Spurs, Anaheim Ducks, White Sox
I don’t have a problem with him being kept in the juniors whatsoever. It’s not like hes being played out of position, and I think he’s getting more responsibility thrust on him in the 18’s than he would in the seniors. Sometimes I think players can benefit from playing up a level but we got to give him a taste of that.
This is all true, but on the back of that game, the Eagles should be playing him in their reserves next week on the back of form at an absolute minimum.

davesnothere

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Only problem with Jase staying in the under 18 comp is he's going to end up costing us a 1st round pick.

I've already got him marked down for DBJs spot. Mid next year with a preseason and natural physical development he won't be far off the mark.

big boy jackavoy

Senior List
Oct 4, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Only problem with Jase staying in the under 18 comp is he's going to end up costing us a 1st round pick.

I've already got him marked down for DBJs spot. Mid next year with a preseason and natural physical development he won't be far off the mark.
Jase won’t go first round, right now he isn’t in most people’s top 40 at best he goes mid second

Great8

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Manchester United, Juventus,
This is all true, but on the back of that game, the Eagles should be playing him in their reserves next week on the back of form at an absolute minimum.
Reserves is garbage. If he isn’t picked in their ones he may aswell stay in the U18’s.
Absolute class written all over him and you will get a beauty IMO

Lovely article about Albert Ebert today - grandson of Russell.

Does anyone know if he's on the radar? Only 15 currently so pretty early I guess.

Did his father Ben play many games for us?

Ben didn't play any football for Port.

I remember hearing he was disillusioned with footy at a young age after being tagged at primary school level because his name is Ebert.

This story has been covered extensively in the Russell Ebert leukemia thread.

Oct 12, 2007
The Hills
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Ben didn't play any football for Port.

I remember hearing he was disillusioned with footy at a young age after being tagged at primary school level because his name is Ebert.

This story has been covered extensively in the Russell Ebert leukemia thread.
My brother played with Ben in juniors. I'm pretty sure that was also at SMOSH West Lakes.

He was a gun but as you said didn't want to go on with it after all the attention.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

So when are we going to start a father daughter thread 😉 Surely there are a few daughters of ex Port players that would be considered for our upcoming women's team?
Have not had any discussion with other mods yet, but I'm thinking when we get admitted into the AFLW we should have a sub-board for the AFLW side, like we do with the Maggies. But AFLW gameday threads would be on the main Port board (like SANFL games).

Mar 1, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
My brother played with Ben in juniors. I'm pretty sure that was also at SMOSH West Lakes.

He was a gun but as you said didn't want to go on with it after all the attention.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I went to school with a bloke whose father won a magarey medal, he was selected for SA underage state teams when he was still in primary school and something like 12 - 18 months younger than the average age for those teams.

I can recall us first year high students being absolutely envious of the state jumper he occasionally wore to training and his immaculate drop punts that went at least 10 metres further than the rest of us could kick.

He also got sick of the comparison to his father, and after a couple of games in 2nd year hs he never played football at any level again.

Chizza12

All Australian
Jul 29, 2016
Wynn Vale
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Jase has that ability to rack up touches, he had the 2nd most amount of touches in the u18's last year to Tom Powell who barring injury had a great debut AFL season. He's one that we can allow to develop at the Maggies while his body matures.

Back