Resource Potential Port Adelaide father son players

Remove this Banner Ad

ploppy

Club Legend
Sep 29, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
This is what I want from the draft. Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera at 12 then Jase Burgoyne father-son, then Tex Wanganeen with a late pick.
Dont worry about form, or videos or if they have played any football recently. Get these boys in and the magic will happen.

Mar 10, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man Utd, Celtic, Tanunda
This is what I want from the draft. Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera at 12 then Jase Burgoyne father-son, then Tex Wanganeen with a late pick.
Dont worry about form, or videos or if they have played any football recently. Get these boys in and the magic will happen.
Don't forget Jesse Motlop and Kade Dittmar :D

JimmyBC

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 24, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I could probably find some more with famous last names in the phonebook, solid recruiting strategy.

Papa G

Hall of Famer
Suspended
Apr 13, 2006
The Bitter End
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Didn't Essendon put a lot of effort into getting Tex including assisting with his schooling in Victoria?

Its odd. I'm sure Tex was at PAC (almost definitely on a scholarship) up to year 10.
PAC has pushed out as many AFL recruits over the last 5-10 years as anyone. Its odd that Gavin has pushed him down this path. Maybe Mike Sheahan was right?

Its odd. I'm sure Tex was at PAC (almost definitely on a scholarship) up to year 10.
PAC has pushed out as many AFL recruits over the last 5-10 years as anyone. Its odd that Gavin has pushed him down this path. Maybe Mike Sheahan was right?
Tex apparently wanted to live/spend more time with his mother and her parents who all live in Melbourne. Wangas remarried in 2012. Essendon have been watching Tex closely for years, and I think they organised the Aboriginal student scholarship with Xavier College, and they pump out more draftees than PAC.

Great8

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Manchester United, Juventus,
Tex apparently wanted to live/spend more time with his mother and her parents who all live in Melbourne. Wangas remarried in 2012. Essendon have been watching Tex closely for years, and I think they organised the Aboriginal student scholarship with Xavier College, and they pump out more draftees than PAC.
He has been in the JHA at Essendon and Gavin is moving to Melbourne so I thought it would be a foregone conclusion that we would pick him up especially with us having an interest in Nasiah and also having the Davey twins next year. I’m guessing both clubs are probably looking at taking him as a rookie and not at the main draft?
I hope we don’t botch this one, I’d rather put Tex on the list than some of the other spuds we have kept for years

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think Gav will move to Melbourne if he is head coach of this mob in 2022. Pauly V helped set up the Tjindu Foundation. This is what Gav was talking about at the start and end of interview with 5AA this arvo.

The footy stuff is run in conjunction with James Podsiadly's AFL Max.

davesnothere

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Pretty sure the family expectation is Tex being rookied by the Bombers.
If not we might want to have a chat with the Bombers about their plans with their last pick before we use our last?

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
Would we be looking at Tex Wanganeen for even a second if he wasn't the son of a gun?

The father son pick shouldn't really be for someone who we have to beg to come here. It'd be totally different if he was a top 10 pick and we could use the FS rule as a tool to get a star here but a potential rookie lister doesn't fill me with excitement.

Would we be looking at Tex Wanganeen for even a second if he wasn't the son of a gun?

The father son pick shouldn't really be for someone who we have to beg to come here. It'd be totally different if he was a top 10 pick and we could use the FS rule as a tool to get a star here but a potential rookie lister doesn't fill me with excitement.
Be nice to get a Daicos type hyped F/S rather than seeming to get the 'live in hope' F/S types.

ploppy

Club Legend
Sep 29, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

We wouldn’t on form but being gavins son with a footy in his hand since he was born is a pretty big factor. If he has the body capable of playing afl then I would take a chance on him. We only have late picks anyway we’re not going to find anyone with more potential. He is a potential Gavin wanganeen ffs they don’t grow on trees.

Jun 6, 2000
West Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Woomera Centrals, Jazza
Pretty sure the family expectation is Tex being rookied by the Bombers.
If not we might want to have a chat with the Bombers about their plans with their last pick before we use our last?

I bet Sheedy is agitating for Tex to be picked for 'romantic' reasons, while Dodo may be swayed if he thinks he can screw PAFC a couple of years down the line.

dirty2

F*** the southern power
Nov 6, 2016
Bar Rossa
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Arsenal
I don't want us to pick him up because he is a wanganeen... But if the scouts think there is something in him and he could one day be good enough... That's fine by me.

Guess we will know by 17th November about Tex. That date is key for a lot of things.

Draft Nomination Form Lodgement Close
Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Delisted Primary List Draft Nomination Form Lodgement Close
Note: Delisted Primary List Players must stipulate if they are either entering the National draft or if the Nomination is to be held over for the Pre-Season Draft (thus bypassing the National Draft)

Non–Retained Rookie Players Draft Nomination Form Lodgement
Note: Rookie-Listed Players not retained by their club must renominate for the National Draft to be eligible for the Pre-Season and Rookie Drafts. If a non-retained rookie does not nominate for the National Draft, he will not be eligible for the Pre-Season and Rookie Drafts.

Father-Son Primary List Nominations Lodged Wednesday, November 17,

2021 NAB AFL DRAFT SELECTION MEETING Wednesday, November 24 and Thursday, November 25, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Back