Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 10, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man Utd, Celtic, Tanunda
Jason Burgoyne nominates Port.

Surprise!
Tredders saying we gave him a grand tour of the Alberton facilities.

Would have envisaged he would know it pretty well already, having trained there over summer, and played a few home games for the Magpies mid-season?

Feb 7, 2014
reynella
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chelsea FC , Boston Red Sox/celtics
Tredders saying we gave him a grand tour of the Alberton facilities.

Would have envisaged he would know it pretty well already, having trained there over summer, and played a few home games for the Magpies mid-season?

Didn't let him see the "special" room before lol

robbo1981

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 16, 2011
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Glad I didn't waste the last 2 yrs following Jase 😂 would of been a let down.
The sanfl showdown at Adelaide oval he showed great composure on the last line of defence on a couple of occasions like the way he moves.

Coobk001

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
SA Spurs, Anaheim Ducks, White Sox
Jase did the right thing to think it through though. Coming to a top club with super depth does put your career and development at risk of never realising its potential. Thinking it through and making sure you're comfortable with it makes sense.

Glad to see him choose us, hopefully he can become something special.

JimmyBC

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 24, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Jase did the right thing to think it through though. Coming to a top club with super depth does put your career and development at risk of never realising its potential. Thinking it through and making sure you're comfortable with it makes sense.

Glad to see him choose us, hopefully he can become something special.
Super depth?

Coobk001

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
SA Spurs, Anaheim Ducks, White Sox
Super depth?
Yeah fair point we have dropped a few this year, Garner, HH, Lienert. However we had a crazy stacked backline before and we're still gonna be pretty stacked.

Jonas, Clurey, McKenzie, Aliir, Burton, DBJ, Houston, Bergman, Jones, Bonner, Frederick.

That's 7 younger flanker, backman types, ahead of Burgoyne. It's a long way back even if it is only for the start.

Yeah fair point we have dropped a few this year, Garner, HH, Lienert. However we had a crazy stacked backline before and we're still gonna be pretty stacked.

Jonas, Clurey, McKenzie, Aliir, Burton, DBJ, Houston, Bergman, Jones, Bonner, Frederick.

That's 7 younger flanker, backman types, ahead of Burgoyne. It's a long way back even if it is only for the start.
From what I saw of Burgoyne for the Maggies I'd have him ahead of Frederick already. Bergman probably won't be a HBF his whole career, and who knows whether Bonner will kick on from his reasonable form the last month or so of last year. Jase will get opportunities with us if he's good enough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aug 4, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Its odd. I'm sure Tex was at PAC (almost definitely on a scholarship) up to year 10.
PAC has pushed out as many AFL recruits over the last 5-10 years as anyone. Its odd that Gavin has pushed him down this path. Maybe Mike Sheahan was right?
He was at PAC and then decided to go to Xavier. He needed to get out of the bubble. Maybe he’s going to be a late developer, I felt sorry for him watching the pressure he was under to be a rock star player (he wasn’t). There were three PAC boys in the Melbourne GF team last year. They have very much become a football school. Montys boys are there. Riccuito‘s as well unfortunately.

Duckimus Prime

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
He was at PAC and then decided to go to Xavier. He needed to get out of the bubble. Maybe he’s going to be a late developer, I felt sorry for him watching the pressure he was under to be a rock star player (he wasn’t). There were three PAC boys in the Melbourne GF team last year. They have very much become a football school. Montys boys are there. Riccuito‘s as well unfortunately.
And to think he ended up going to Melbourne to live through two horrible locked down years, when he could've stayed in SA at PAC and avoided all of that. The Bombers truly are a s**t hole of an organisation.

davesnothere

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
And to think he ended up going to Melbourne to live through two horrible locked down years, when he could've stayed in SA at PAC and avoided all of that. The Bombers truly are a sh*t hole of an organisation.

If the Bombers don’t pick pick him up after pretty much promising him and his family the world to get him over there it would be a disgrace. The Bombers are pretty much obliged to put him on their list.

I’d be very comfortable with him on our list. It’s not like he has lost athletic ability over the last 2 years. A preseason and few games would have Tex up to speed fairly quickly.

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man Utd, Celtic, Tanunda
And to think he ended up going to Melbourne to live through two horrible locked down years, when he could've stayed in SA at PAC and avoided all of that. The Bombers truly are a sh*t hole of an organisation.
Someone on our board posted recently that Tex is from Gav's first marriage.

The story went along the lines of Mrs W went to Melbourne, took the family with her. Presumably Tex, still being a minor, meant she had custodial rights until he turned 18, so over there he went.

May be a late bloomer, who knows?

Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
First thing I would be doing is obviously trying to bulk him up, then all preseason in the midfield. Don’t need another half back flanker
Needs to spend a month at the Darren Jarmen centre for kids who can’t eat good and who wanna learn to do other stuff good too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back