RussellEbertHandball

Flick pass expert
Nov 16, 2004
SE Oz
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
The Mighty Blacks
So who have we potentially missed out on because of the 200 SANFL games and not 100 like the AFL games qualification?

Brad Ebert's old man Craig played 112 games but nobody has confirmed how many of those games were Preseason/ Night Series Cup games. Probably better Brad spent those 2008-11 seasons at WCE and not Port.

James Borlase - old man Daryl missed so many games with injury that didn't get to 200 by the time of the 1996 GF finished but had over 170 eligible games?

Anyone else??

Grave Danger

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 6, 2000
West Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Woomera Centrals, Jazza
So who have we potentially missed out on because of the 200 SANFL games and not 100 like the AFL games qualification?

Brad Ebert's old man Craig played 112 games but nobody has confirmed how many of those games were Preseason/ Night Series Cup games. Probably better Brad spent those 2008-11 seasons at WCE and not Port.

James Borlase - old man Daryl missed so many games with injury that didn't get to 200 by the time of the 1996 GF finished but had over 170 eligible games?

Anyone else??

Timmy G and Northa's lads? If Darren Mead hadn't played 100 AFL games his 127 SANFL games might have qualified his sons, depending on how many he played in 2002 and how many were 'ineligible' games in the AFL's eyes. I think Browny and Scott Hodges had daughters rather than sons, not sure about George and Roger, David Hutton, Darren Smith, Rohan Smith, etc, etc.

Ford Fairlane

Feb 21, 2002
Port Adelaide 5015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Magpies

Anyone else??
Stephen Carter. His younger son Hunter has been talked up by philthy05 for a while now as a genuine top flight talent.

philthy05

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Stephen Carter. His younger son Hunter has been talked up by philthy05 for a while now as a genuine top flight talent.
Hunter looked very promising last year in the under 16’s but this year didn’t really do much on the field and then disappeared, i think injured and sat out the year.

He will need a big year to get drafted in the coming season, but he has all the physical attributes. Needs to lift his workrate massively to get to more contests. I suspect he dropped away cause they didn’t play him on-ball and he doesn’t know what to do or work hard enough when he isn’t placed inside the action with the ball at his feet.

RussellEbertHandball

Flick pass expert
Nov 16, 2004
SE Oz
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
The Mighty Blacks
Timmy G and Northa's lads? If Darren Mead hadn't played 100 AFL games his 127 SANFL games might have qualified his sons, depending on how many he played in 2002 and how many were 'ineligible' games in the AFL's eyes. I think Browny and Scott Hodges had daughters rather than sons, not sure about George and Roger, David Hutton, Darren Smith, Rohan Smith, etc, etc.
But nobody else recruited them and we didnt actually even try and rookie them.

Thats what Im after. Who did we actually lose due to the dumb rule outside the 2 players I previously posted about.

Yes I know technically Brett Ebert didnt qualify but we snuck that one thru, due to people's ignorance, which highlighted how stupid the rule was.

Grave Danger

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 6, 2000
West Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Woomera Centrals, Jazza
But nobody else recruited them and we didnt actually even try and rookie them.

Thats what Im after. Who did we actually lose due to the dumb rule outside the 2 players I previously posted about.

Yes I know technically Brett Ebert didnt qualify but we snuck that one thru, due to people's ignorance, which highlighted how stupid the rule was.

Well if you don't know, I doubt whether anyone else on Big Footy would either ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad