Nov 4, 2010
Melbourne - Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Tevita Rodan

87251A40-3F9A-4BD0-B0B7-687DFDD623F5.jpeg
F7C908E9-2A41-4F99-B0B7-81C5AB4249DB.jpeg
3D123A05-2C17-4562-9065-545BFCE9B07C.jpeg

So who have we potentially missed out on because of the 200 SANFL games and not 100 like the AFL games qualification?

Brad Ebert's old man Craig played 112 games but nobody has confirmed how many of those games were Preseason/ Night Series Cup games. Probably better Brad spent those 2008-11 seasons at WCE and not Port.

James Borlase - old man Daryl missed so many games with injury that didn't get to 200 by the time of the 1996 GF finished but had over 170 eligible games?

Anyone else??

Jun 6, 2000
West Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Woomera Centrals, Jazza
So who have we potentially missed out on because of the 200 SANFL games and not 100 like the AFL games qualification?

Brad Ebert's old man Craig played 112 games but nobody has confirmed how many of those games were Preseason/ Night Series Cup games. Probably better Brad spent those 2008-11 seasons at WCE and not Port.

James Borlase - old man Daryl missed so many games with injury that didn't get to 200 by the time of the 1996 GF finished but had over 170 eligible games?

Anyone else??

Timmy G and Northa's lads? If Darren Mead hadn't played 100 AFL games his 127 SANFL games might have qualified his sons, depending on how many he played in 2002 and how many were 'ineligible' games in the AFL's eyes. I think Browny and Scott Hodges had daughters rather than sons, not sure about George and Roger, David Hutton, Darren Smith, Rohan Smith, etc, etc.

Anyone else??

Stephen Carter. His younger son Hunter has been talked up by philthy05 for a while now as a genuine top flight talent.

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Stephen Carter. His younger son Hunter has been talked up by philthy05 for a while now as a genuine top flight talent.
Hunter looked very promising last year in the under 16’s but this year didn’t really do much on the field and then disappeared, i think injured and sat out the year.

He will need a big year to get drafted in the coming season, but he has all the physical attributes. Needs to lift his workrate massively to get to more contests. I suspect he dropped away cause they didn’t play him on-ball and he doesn’t know what to do or work hard enough when he isn’t placed inside the action with the ball at his feet.

Timmy G and Northa's lads? If Darren Mead hadn't played 100 AFL games his 127 SANFL games might have qualified his sons, depending on how many he played in 2002 and how many were 'ineligible' games in the AFL's eyes. I think Browny and Scott Hodges had daughters rather than sons, not sure about George and Roger, David Hutton, Darren Smith, Rohan Smith, etc, etc.
But nobody else recruited them and we didnt actually even try and rookie them.

Thats what Im after. Who did we actually lose due to the dumb rule outside the 2 players I previously posted about.

Yes I know technically Brett Ebert didnt qualify but we snuck that one thru, due to people's ignorance, which highlighted how stupid the rule was.

Jun 6, 2000
West Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Woomera Centrals, Jazza
But nobody else recruited them and we didnt actually even try and rookie them.

Thats what Im after. Who did we actually lose due to the dumb rule outside the 2 players I previously posted about.

Yes I know technically Brett Ebert didnt qualify but we snuck that one thru, due to people's ignorance, which highlighted how stupid the rule was.

Well if you don't know, I doubt whether anyone else on Big Footy would either ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

davo999

Club Legend
Nov 5, 2009
Aldinga Beach
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
That George Burgoyne would be Peter and Shauns fathers uncle , brother of his mother .
The Burgoyne’s we’re from around Ceduna and moved into Kooniba mission before mostly moving to Pt. Lincoln

Feb 10, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
This Tiser article reports that the Crows have access to Norwood father-son Michalanney. I thought that Norwood is now tied to us? Or is this just for NGA players, and not father-sons?

Would be quite funny if a Norwood father-son was tied to us instead of the Crows.

Although Keeler may slip out of its reach, Adelaide will have access to SA Talent Hub member Max Michalanney as a father-son candidate.

Michalanney, a Norwood defender, is the son of four-time Redlegs premiership player Jim Michalanney and considered a potential first-round prospect.

Adelaide could match bids on the 17-year-old because Jim lined up in his 211 games before the Crows’ AFL entry in 1991.

“He’s a really, really intelligent footballer,” Bamford said.

Butters and Pepper

Club Legend
Sep 18, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Not that it's got anything to do with him having a relatively young son, but the last I heard (a few years ago now), Michelanney was Headmaster at Ceduna Area School.

Jim Michalanney must be 65 years old if he's a day by now. And he has a young teenage son?
Graham Cornes is 73 and has 2 daughters that aren't of draft age yet. Imagine if they were boys.

Graham Cornes is 73 and has 2 daughters that aren't of draft age yet. Imagine if they were boys.

What are these guys doing? I don't have the energy for a mid 20s child who doesn't live at home. 😂

What are these guys doing? I don't have the energy for a mid 20s child who doesn't live at home. 😂
I know a 70+ year old who had a kid last year with his 2nd wife in her early 30's. One of his grandkids is 20+ years older another a few months older, and aunty and niece play together.

I know a 70+ year old who had a kid last year with his 2nd wife in her early 30's. One of his grandkids is 20+ years older another a few months older, and aunty and niece play together.

I've seen that sitcom 🤣

Remove this Banner Ad

Back