Resource Potential Port Adelaide father son players

Remove this Banner Ad

Kyle Chalmers beat out James Magnussen to take 2nd in the men's 100m at the NSW swim titles.

Olympic trials are in a month.

Kyle Chalmers beat out James Magnussen to take 2nd in the men's 100m at the NSW swim titles.

Olympic trials are in a month.
Rookie him after the 2024 Olympics.

Would Chalmers be eligible for Cows, Power or both?
None, but we let him swim at 2 Olympics and then if the category B rookie rules dont change, take him because he hasn't been registered in a footy comp for at least 3 years!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The kid probably is not ready to do it yet, but by 2020 he will be Thorpe like or better.

He will swim the 100m freestyle and heats and final of the 4x100m freestyle and heats of the 4x100m medley at Rio. He dropped the butterfly swims to concentrate on the freestyle legs to qualify for Rio.. He has the 50m freestyle to come but I dont reckon he will finish top 2 to qualify for Rio. diegodcg you will have to watch out for him at the pool in Barra in early August.

At the 2 world champs between Rio and Tokyo he will swim at the 50m and 100m butterfly and by 2020 in Tokyo I can see him - providing injury doesnt get him- qualifying to swim the 50m and 100m freestyle, 100m butterfly and the 2 relays 4x100m free and 4x100m medley. Depending on his development he might even have a crack at 4x200m free relay.

Step 1 of making Kyle a Rookie post 2024 Olympics has taken place. He will go to 3 Olympics, he's that good, so we have to wait until he is 26 before we get him. From Page 3 of the 'Tsier today after page 1 on Tuesday
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...e/news-story/5a90e57ceebe26477f9c914c1a347727
Schoolboy swim sensation Kyle Chalmers to take up informal role with AFL club Port Adelaide
SCHOOL’S out and football is back in for Australian swimming’s wunderkind Kyle Chalmers, who is poised to start an informal working role with AFL club Port Adelaide where his dad Brett was a star.

The 17-year-old sprint sensation turned up at Immanuel College for the first three days of Year 12 before deciding with his coach and parents that it was better to finish his studies at home so he could focus on training. Having booked his ticket to the Rio Olympics with a stunning swim to finish second in the 100m freestyle final at this week’s selection trials, he will combine English and fitness studies at home with working casually with Port Adelaide.
After doing work experience at Alberton, Chalmers’ management company TLA Worldwide contacted Port Adelaide to extend the working relationship, which will start as soon as next week now the selection trials are over. “I don’t know (exactly what) yet but some minor role and just experiencing what it’s like to be a professional athlete in a different sport and see how they prepare for their games,” Chalmers said.

His dad told The Advertiser it would be good for his son to experience how professional athletes go about preparing for their training and competition. “Just mixing with more elite sports people – don’t get me wrong, all the swimmers he trains with are professional, but footballers, this is their job 24/7 and this will give him an insight into how they (prepare) and relax,” he said.

Chalmers, a talented footballer, opted to focus solely on swimming last year after injuring his wrist playing footy. Off the field, he believes the decision to finish Year 12 at home had already helped his training and allowed him to focus. “I’ll get my Year 12 certificate from doing it at home which is my goal,’’ he said.
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...e/news-story/5a90e57ceebe26477f9c914c1a347727

and hopefully his younger brother Jackson takes his footy to the next level as well....

only downside is he will have to do it at the bay.....grrrr....stupid SNAFFLE.

and hopefully his younger brother Jackson takes his footy to the next level as well....

only downside is he will have to do it at the bay.....grrrr....stupid SNAFFLE.
Unless the snaffle father son rule still applies to Port for the 15 contracted players and academy players.

Unless the snaffle father son rule still applies to Port for the 15 contracted players and academy players.

he is currently trialing for their u15s....going to be awful watching him run out for them, no matter what the level. but yep, hopefully we can utilise our academy/ top-ups to keep him linked to us as in the future

The 17-year-old sprint sensation turned up at Immanuel College for the first three days of Year 12 before deciding with his coach and parents that it was better to finish his studies at home so he could focus on training. Having booked his ticket to the Rio Olympics with a stunning swim to finish second in the 100m freestyle final at this week’s selection trials, he will combine English and fitness studies at home with working casually with Port Adelaide.

KT's personal assistant confirmed

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...-father-afl-legend-gavin-20160524-gp2zp8.html

Why Gavin Wanganeen's two teams mean so much to him

Tex Wanganeen wants to be a vet. So if Essendon and Port Adelaide have developed some sneaky father-son plans for Prince Alfred College's 12-year-old midfielder they may have to work harder....

1464125815050.jpg

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...-father-afl-legend-gavin-20160524-gp2zp8.html

I wonder if the age will write a similar article about both Shaun Burgoyne's clubs as his lads get a bit older... Somehow I get the feeling that it may be a little more one sided!

Why Gavin Wanganeen's two teams mean so much to him

Tex Wanganeen wants to be a vet. So if Essendon and Port Adelaide have developed some sneaky father-son plans for Prince Alfred College's 12-year-old midfielder they may have to work harder....

1464125815050.jpg

Allan Scott Power Society for the Protection of Animals. Do it Kochie.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back