Resource Potential Port Adelaide father son players

Remove this Banner Ad

Chad Cornes at 15 couldn't make the Sacred Heart seconds team. He started playing good footy by the time he was 17.

Still it's a leap for a guy who isn't playing any footy making an impact at AFL level out of the blue. Daniel Bass couldn't manage it and this still reduces The Smaller Warrior to tears. ;)

Beyond TSW's usual jinxing of Portential, my favourite Bass moment was when myself, finbarr and whyalwaysme went back to the shed(!) after the late season win against the Dees in 2010 when Jurrah took MOTY right. in front. of moi.

After the usual pressos and mingling, WAM sees Bass walking in front of him in the carpark and as a Gamecocks fan, goes to enquire as to which university he went to.

"Oi Bass..."

- *a bit startled but straight into fan interaction mode* "yeah mate?"

"Which college did you go to in the states?"

- "Metro State" (NCAA Div 2, may as well have said Barnacle Bills Tech)

"..."

*Bass awkwardly nods and continues walking*

Those were the days.

There are 2 Chalmers in Glenelg's sides. One in the Ressies and one in the U18s.
Are either Kyle's younger bro Jackson?
Reserves, definitely not. Not sure about 18s, can't see a Chalmers named in their 18s side?

I see M.Mead kicked another goal for WWT's U18 side yesterday but wasn't named in the bests. The Eagles U18 side seem to have started the season well so fingers crossed that translates into Mitch getting picked for the national championships in a little over a month.

Probably also worth mentioning that Trent Burgoyne was named third best on for the Eagles U16s side yesterday. Jackson Mead also kicked a goal for WWT's U16 side in the same game.

Last edited:
Do we get a 20% discount if another club bids on Mitch in the first round or is that just an academy discount?

Do we get a 20% discount if another club bids on Mitch in the first round or is that just an academy discount?
We would. And then a 197 point discount there after.

At this stage priority rookie draft access seems a more likely concession but even that is probably optimistic unless Mitchell can make the state under 18's squad.

Looks like Mitch Mead was relatively quiet yesterday playing for WWT's U18 side with 10 disposals and 7 tackles. His little brother Jackson got a bit more of the football at the U16s level with 15 disposals and 4 tackles but neither kicked a scoring shot or were named in the bests. Doesn't look like Trent Burgoyne played yesterday.

Whats M.Mead like ? Any good ? Height, Weight and Position ?

Same for his younger brother and T.Burgoyne….

Is it likely (at this stage) any or all will get picked up ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Threw his toys out the cot I heard ... white line fever?

Well he qualifies as a small so might be an in this week (probably be less melts).

I remember my kids birth and just the overwhelming sense of love and pride and happiness and nervousness and fear and joy when you hold them for the first time. Incredibly hard to describe but if your a dad you know what I mean that moment is special.

All the best to the family. Enjoy the journey whatever it brings.

Has anyone seen this Leo Ebert kid play yet?
I think everyone should cool their jets on this one. Heard from a reliable source that he went in for a feed and missed the nipple by a good 2 inches. Luckily time's on his side!

I think everyone should cool their jets on this one. Heard from a reliable source that he went in for a feed and missed the nipple by a good 2 inches. Luckily time's on his side!
Have they had his eyes checked yet?

Maybe he needs contact lenses!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I see M.Mead kicked another goal for WWT's U18 side yesterday but wasn't named in the bests. The Eagles U18 side seem to have started the season well so fingers crossed that translates into Mitch getting picked for the national championships in a little over a month.

Probably also worth mentioning that Trent Burgoyne was named third best on for the Eagles U16s side yesterday. Jackson Mead also kicked a goal for WWT's U16 side in the same game.

M. Mead not named in the SA U18 squad today

M. Mead not named in the SA U18 squad today
That's unfortunate and probably an indication that the selectors don't believe he'll ever be good enough to make it in the AFL. Here are his stats from last week against the Glenelg U18s - 21 disposals, 4 tackles, 4 i50s and 1 goal. Seems like he played pretty well.

T.Burgoyne and J.Mead seemingly both played reasonably well in the Eagles U16s first round final against Sturt last week. Trent had 14 disposals, 5 i50s and a goal, while Jackson had 15 disposals and 2 i50s.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back