Resource Potential Port Adelaide father son players

Remove this Banner Ad

Mead, Schofield, butters, rozee, duursma drew and pepper.. that's the midfield done for 10 years.

Atley, pudney and patmore are all good midfield prospects with Farrell likely to play some mid minutes on a wing as well.

Though I still want to and think we need to add to that midfield group.

We need more running midfielders, particularly wingers but a running on baller would be good too.

Trent Burgoyne is #7 in the link above. First game this year, played mainly wing but was seen with ice on his hamstring in the last quarter. It could have been precautionary but I think he may miss another large portion of the season.

If Port are keen on Trent they will likely get him at the cost of a late rookie spot.

If Trent was drafted and Shaun goes around another year, I wonder how many other examples there are of an uncle and nephew being in the league at the same time?

Wish I could like this post more than once. The 20’s could be a superb decade for the PAFC.
Adding in Marshall and Howard, Hayes and Ladhams... we are well set! Farrell probably slides in as a potentially very good half Forward

2019 - Trent Burgoyne
2019 - Jackson Mead
2020 - Oscar Lade
2020 - Owen Montgomery
2020 - Taj Schofield
2020 - Noah Wilson
2021 - Jace Burgoyne
2021 - Will Francou
2021 - Tex Wanganeen
Need a couple of them to end up 195cm (and be a natural forward)

2019 - Trent Burgoyne
2019 - Jackson Mead
2020 - Oscar Lade
2020 - Owen Montgomery
2020 - Taj Schofield
2020 - Noah Wilson
2021 - Jace Burgoyne
2021 - Will Francou
2021 - Tex Wanganeen
Oscar lade, owen Montgomery and Noah Wilson playing football? Haven't heard anything about them.

2019 - Trent Burgoyne - sanfl under 18’s
2019 - Jackson Mead - sanfl reserves
2020 - Oscar Lade - don’t know. Lade lives in Melb now doesn’t he?
2020 - Owen Montgomery - unsure. Not playing under 16s or under 18s as far as I can see
2020 - Taj Schofield - playing under 18s
2020 - Noah Wilson - cant see him listed as playing sanfl either
2021 - Jace Burgoyne - under 16’s
2021 - Will Francou - josh is on the Gold Coast now. Can’t find anything on will.

2021 - Tex Wanganeen - playing under 16’s

James Borlase is playing under 18’s he is 2021 I believe? (Not f/s eligible because afl are campaignery mccampaigners)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Trent was drafted and Shaun goes around another year, I wonder how many other examples there are of an uncle and nephew being in the league at the same time?

WAFL champion & Sandover medalist Alistair Pickett & his son Alliston played together for a year or two at Subiaco.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/subiacos-fatherson-make-history-20100727-10tbn.html

Might be just me making this up, but am sure I heard of us, primarily through Choco being interested in drafting Pickett back in his heyday. Small, but super classy player.

2019 - Trent Burgoyne - sanfl under 18’s
2019 - Jackson Mead - sanfl reserves
2020 - Oscar Lade - don’t know. Lade lives in Melb now doesn’t he?
2020 - Owen Montgomery - unsure. Not playing under 16s or under 18s as far as I can see
2020 - Taj Schofield - playing under 18s
2020 - Noah Wilson - cant see him listed as playing sanfl either
2021 - Jace Burgoyne - under 16’s
2021 - Will Francou - josh is on the Gold Coast now. Can’t find anything on will.

2021 - Tex Wanganeen - playing under 16’s

James Borlase is playing under 18’s he is 2021 I believe? (Not f/s eligible because afl are campaignery mccampaigners)

Wilson definitely at Sturt last year, looking through Sporting Pulse doesn’t look to be a standout at local level. Monty’s son is definitely a footy nut and loves Port, wether he is playing or not, no idea?

Nice. I’ve followed his games on sanfls stats page and he is definitely one to watch out for

I did not know that he was 185cm though. Love to know if that is accurate because that would be awesome. Pretty sure Trent is a shorty around 177-180cms last time I saw a listed height.
Anyone know if Taj Schofield played for the Australian U17s against NZ's rep team last weekend?

I’m pretty sure he did.

Update on Jackson Mead's 2019 season so far playing for the WWT reserves.

R1 v North Adelaide (26 disposals, 7 i50s, 6 clearances, 3 marks, 3 tackles, 1 goal, 0 behinds)
R2 v Sturt (16 disposals, 3 i50s, 1 clearance, 5 marks, 5 tackles, 2 goals, 0 behinds)
R3 v North Adelaide (20 disposals, 5 i50s, 1 clearance, 3 marks, 1 tackle, 1 goal, 1 behind)
R4 v Glenelg (14 disposals, 0 i50s, 5 clearances, 1 mark, 2 tackles, 0 goals, 0 behinds)
R5 v Norwood (26 disposals, 5 i50s, 5 clearances, 4 marks, 3 tackles, 0 goals, 0 behinds)

He seems to be going pretty well but the national championships is where we'll really get an understanding of where he stands on a national draft perspective. When does the final U18 SA team get announced?

Last height listed for Jackson Mead was 184cm, judging by this photo it's bang on as Sam Walsh is listed as 184cm. Still hoping he can push up to 188cm as because he isn't quick, a bigger body would be advantageous. Can't wait to see how he performs at the National Champs against the other big names.

1558413228111498022479.jpg

2021 - Will Francou - Josh is on the Gold Coast now. Can’t find anything on Will.
All three of Josh's kids (Will, Oliver and Ben) are playing for Burleigh in the local U16, U14 and U12 Gold Coast junior leagues this year. This could be problematic if Josh remains on the Gold Coast long-term because both Oliver and Ben would become academy eligible for the Suns as they would have met the minimum five year residency requirement before their respective drafts. We saw the same situation play out last year when Nick Blakey turned his back on the Kangaroos and Lions in favour of joining the Swans, the team which his father had been a long-term employee of. I imagine all three of them will be placed in the Suns academy system over the next 12 months so it's definitely something to keep an eye on.

All three of Josh's kids (Will, Oliver and Ben) are playing for Burleigh in the local U16, U14 and U12 Gold Coast junior leagues this year. This could be problematic if Josh remains on the Gold Coast long-term because both Oliver and Ben would become academy eligible for the Suns as they would have met the minimum five year residency requirement before their respective drafts. We saw the same situation play out last year when Nick Blakey turned his back on the Kangaroos and Lions in favour of joining the Swans, the team which his father had been a long-term employee of. I imagine all three of them will be placed in the Suns academy system over the next 12 months so it's definitely something to keep an eye on.

This is why people hate the academies

They can get used to give teams a free shot.

Same as the Borlase bullshit.

Luckily we know the integrity of the AFL means that they will not unduly favour Gold Coast.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back