gQmLQFO.jpg
Christine Obst-Craig Ebert (112 games)
PXRk1AA.jpg
Brad Ebert (170 games to date)
af1X7dT.jpg
Leo Ebert (TBD)
ZFCfzel.jpg
It's a sight of beauty.

Leo won't qualify under 2036 new qualifying process of 50 games for Vic clubs and 350 games for SA and WA clubs

Mead seems to be going under the radar now that the draft approaches but his form line at the champs and beforehand was really strong.

He was BOG as a bottom ager in a SANFL 18s grand final where he kicked 3 goals and was a very strong performer at this years champs and watching the vision again I think his champs where very underrated.

Just a pure footballer with a lot of class and he doesn’t really do a lot wrong and if you can somehow avoid a bid before pick 29 you have done extremely well.

Mead seems to be going under the radar now that the draft approaches but his form line at the champs and beforehand was really strong.

He was BOG as a bottom ager in a SANFL 18s grand final where he kicked 3 goals and was a very strong performer at this years champs and watching the vision again I think his champs where very underrated.

Just a pure footballer with a lot of class and he doesn’t really do a lot wrong and if you can somehow avoid a bid before pick 29 you have done extremely well.
Stop that talk his a plodder with no real weapons or position lol

So there's a chance we could have Jackson Mead as an AFL listed player, and Mitchell Mead as an SANFL listed player playing together for the Maggies next year?
Get Darren in to coach and we'd have a Meadapalooza!!

Darren is probably our last premiership coach. Reserves flag about a decade ago - then promptly sacked for not doing it the right way

So there's a chance we could have Jackson Mead as an AFL listed player, and Mitchell Mead as an SANFL listed player playing together for the Maggies next year?

Yes, and Jackson will be throwin' $ bills at his brother.

giphy.gif

I've listened to a few interviews with Mead. He really doesn't sound like he is overly keen to come to port. Like I'm sure he will be happy to come to us, but doesn't sound like he has grown up dreaming of playing for port.

I've listened to a few interviews with Mead. He really doesn't sound like he is overly keen to come to port. Like I'm sure he will be happy to come to us, but doesn't sound like he has grown up dreaming of playing for port.
I think you have a good read on the situation. My mail is he only wants to play for Crows, Freo or Gold Coast.

Oh Right .. o_O

The Advertiser Sport
@TheTiserSport
https://twitter.com/TheTiserSport
·Nov 10
His dad Darren was @PAFC’s first #AFL best and fairest winner, so it’s no surprise that father-son prospect Jackson Mead is a devout Power supporter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His earlier interviews before we nominated him I agree, but he was keeping his options open. His last interview he seems keen enough

Oh Right .. o_O

The Advertiser Sport
@TheTiserSport
https://twitter.com/TheTiserSport
·Nov 10
His dad Darren was @PAFC’s first #AFL best and fairest winner, so it’s no surprise that father-son prospect Jackson Mead is a devout Power supporter.

I'm a Power supporter. Not sure I'd want to come here right now if I was a professional footballer though. Port supporters know our troubles better than anyone else does.

Thankfully for Jackson though he's not a KPP like his dad, so he might get more of a shot than certain others have.

Nah, he is a very professional young man, and is conducting himself & his interviews in a very professional way. Doing the right thing, and saying the right thing. And rightly so!

From the Sunday Mail story.

When it came to picking a footy team, the stakes were pretty high for Jackson Mead.
“I’ve been a Port Adelaide supporter since day one. I think if I wasn’t, I’d be disowned,” he joked.

Jackson Mead, then 12, with dad Darren Mead and Mitchell, 14. Picture: Sarah Reed
1573523892327.png

Positive that is wrong, all year he's been listed at around the 184cm mark, that photo is with Taheny who is also listed at around 184 and they look the same height.
Of course it's wrong. That's from The Advertiser. :)

The talk around and by Mead is getting more positive.

Foxfooty understands the Power are hopeful, almost expectant, of matching a rival club bid on Mead not long after their third pick in the 2019 draft (Pick 29). Should that happen, it'd be an excellent result for them as they already hold two first-round selections (Picks 12 and 18).

As expected, the son of a gun grew up having no choice over which AFL team to support. But with the strong family connection, as well as a healthy relationship with the club's player development and welfare co-ordinator Paul Stewart, he'd love to end up at Alberton.

“I’m in a special position, unlike many others,” Mead tells foxfooty.com.au.

“The club’s got a lot of history and if I was to play there as a father-son, it’d be pretty special for me and my family.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...d/news-story/7f6c5e9de76cdf359f2ab2c123d67f30

Darren was a great player for Port over the years and the club got more out of this guy than his talent suggested imo.
His son may have more talent than his dad but the hinkley factor bothers me a lot. I have lost hope with this buffoon of a coaches ability to get the best out of anyone. Simply depressing Port!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back