Resource Potential Port Adelaide father son players

Well, I reckon I would be happy to overpay to get Borlace knowing we will probably get Mead a bit cheaper.
Getting Mead cheaper doesn’t make overpaying for another player a better deal.

Oct 12, 2007
The Hills
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
For info Jason Horne is the under 16 captain whose step dad is Fabian Francis (not that can help us).
If a step son pushed his case hard for father son there is no way the AFL would oppose it IMO.

Imagine the furore if the AFL came out with "you're not his real Dad".

On SM-G960F using
BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
If a step son pushed his case hard for father son there is no way the AFL would oppose it IMO.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Any chance we can get Tredders to shack up with Matt Rowell's mum then?

Main problem is Fabian didn't play 100 games for Port in the AFL. If we could make a case for his Magpies games to be included ... you know like how James Borlase is an NGA player. Make it up as you go along with Gil.

Hong-Kong Phooey

Cancelled
Sep 22, 2011
i have no idea
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man United
So if he didn't qualify for the academy with the crows, would he have qualified as father son? And if so, which I assume he would, why does the academy take preference?

Its a pandora's can of worms. You have the step father situation as you explained. Gavin Wanganeen's father was a white bloke, rumours are he is an ex SANFL player, but he was raised by his mum and Mr Wanganeen who is Aboriginal pastor.

What about sperm donors? Those who help out friends, a straight or lesbian couple, and know the kid and have some involvement? What about anonymous donors and the child traces them down? Court rulings last decade or so have said there is a legal relationship. A couple of weeks ago the High Court ruled that a sperm donor had a legal right as well as a legal obligation for child support for a child of a married lesbian couple he donated sperm for. I think that case they were going to move to NZ and he wanted them not to go.

So when does Jackson Mead get started for the Maggies, I've got no clue when the U18 Championships start or end.
U/18 ends next weekend.

Hang on, I thought youse were the expert ;)
There’s a whole ceremony I have to go through to achieve enlightenment first.

Also Macca19 usually sends me a list of players we’re definitely going to talk about on the pod that I absolutely must watch much footage or look foolish (which happens anyway), and politely invites me to add any second grade scrubbers I find interesting to the list for cursory dismissal.

Also also some drafts look weaker, but picking which draft is just bad is trickier. 2017 looked weakish but it doesnt look bad tbh.

There’s a whole ceremony I have to go through to achieve enlightenment first.

Also Macca19 usually sends me a list of players we’re definitely going to talk about on the pod that I absolutely must watch much footage or look foolish (which happens anyway), and politely invites me to add any second grade scrubbers I find interesting to the list for cursory dismissal.

Also also some drafts look weaker, but picking which draft is just bad is trickier. 2017 looked weakish but it doesnt look bad tbh.

I'll send you a list of players :D

Back